Rap Sucks
Dec 25, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #736 of 782
Quote:
son....

no exagerration or hyperbole, but you could literally throw a rock in any direction in a park full of rappers and non rappers alike and hit 3 people that are better than papoose on their worst days

its not even that papoose has a bad flow, its that he has NO flow. lol he's spitting to some made up beat he's got going on in his head, he reminds me of that chappelle show skit with fisticuffs, the deaf rapper who got shot 9 times in his ears (turn my headphone up #$%^!)

but if you want to play that game, fine, here's 3, jadakiss, fabolous, joe budden, heres 3 more, nas, pun, camron, heres another 3, vast aire, el p, sauce money, and another 3, styles p, cormega, game, yet another 3 again, ghostface, malice, prodigy, even if we're talking about primarily mixtape rappers he still wouldnt make top 10, or 20, or 50, grafh is years ahead of pap and he's basically at the same level careerwise as papsmear

but to prove to you how serious i was about horrible papoose is,  i'll even let you pick 3 rappers, past or present completely at random and i guarentee you that at worst they're equal in quality to papoose

if pap was really as nice as you think he is he'd already be on by now, he cant make a song to save his life, alphabetical slaughter was  7 years ago, his verse on touch it was 7 years ago, its time to move on. you cant keep making excuses for him, this is the internet age, you dont need a major or even a indie backing you to release an album to critical acclaim and even financial success. pap had a 1.5 million dollar deal on jive and still couldnt get on, face it dude is hopeless. he cries the most about the south taking over hip hop and yet single handedly holds back ny from even coming close to challenging them for the title

same goes for the rappers you mentioned and you mentioned a lot of my faves

Face it yourself, NY rap will never blow up again on a purely technical level that Pap can output, ppl will never understand the rhymes and metaphors he can output, and I will cherish all other mcs that keep putting out mixtapes for fresh rhymes

ok:

the LOX is getting a little washed up and their my second fave group of all time, their best days are past them

I actually like fab, mixtape fab is still dope, is he better? nope..for every dope song he can put out, he has another ten ****s for the mainstream

Joe Budden is a "House Nigga" I don't respect him at all

Nas is a conscious rapper, he is not a technical rapper, same goes for ghost

I already told you about pun and why I like Pap

Dipset is ****, why would bring them up much less prodigy who is a nobody nowadays,Game? R U serious?? lmao CNN are nobodies nowadays too

grafh is ****, never got into him after I tried a few mixtapes, long time ago, idk if he improved or not but if he did then good for him

I don't listen to the others you mentioned so I can't judge

my 3 most cherished rappers other than pap purely for technical skills nowadays: GZA, cassidy, fab

no hate on you, as like I see your an NY rap head yourself but saying Pap is wack is just plain hating

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #737 of 782
Rap isn't my thing. I haven't found a single rap song that I enjoy enough to have it on my PMP or my computer. Then again, I also haven't found any classical music that I enjoy all that much either. I don't walk around saying that all classical music is crap-or saying, "Oh, only the old school stuff, like Beethoven is any good." There is no such thing as "good" or "bad" music. Its all subjective. Well, except for artists who fail to sing/play in tune. There is some bad music out there. Me singing, for example. Why was this thread started, anyway? This is just a giant flame thread.

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #738 of 782
Quote:

Face it yourself, NY rap will never blow up again on a purely technical level that Pap can output, ppl will never understand the rhymes and metaphors he can output, and I will cherish all other mcs that keep putting out mixtapes for fresh rhymes

ok:

the LOX is getting a little washed up and their my second fave group of all time, their best days are past them

I actually like fab, mixtape fab is still dope, is he better? nope..for every dope song he can put out, he has another ten ****s for the mainstream

Dipset is ****, why would bring them up much less prodigy who is a nobody nowadays,Game? R U serious?? lmao CNN are nobodies nowadays too

grafh is ****, never got into him after I tried a few mixtapes, long time ago, idk if he improved or not but if he did then good for him

my 3 most cherished rappers other than pap purely for technical skills nowadays: GZA, cassidy, fab

no hate on you, as like I see your an NY rap head yourself but saying Pap is wack is just plain hating

ny rap will never dominate because the "technical" punchline heavy, metaphor heavy, multisyllablic mixtape rap has no mass appeal, and by mass appeal i mean white 13 year old teenaged suburban female middle america. lol if you didnt grow up in that type of environment or spent a good amount of time listening to that type of music already so you can understand it then you will never be able to get into it. i understand that and im not even mad at that

but you're over here claiming papoose is something that he's not. every single rapper mentioned by either you or me has had at least 1 official album released, every single rapper mentioned has a fanbase that dwarfs that of papoose and for good reason. that kid can not rap lol

he has a rapidfire flow that goes against the grain irregardless of wherever the beat is trying to go. but even ignoring that, his best punchlines have already been said before by people better than him and presented in a better package. he has no ear for beats, the few times he does manage to spit any punchline with actual weight behind it he immediately almost without fail backs it up with 3 or 4 of the worst bars ever commited to wax. i remember at one point there was an entire website just dedicated to his wack lines lol

every rapper has a misstep now and again but these lines are unexcusable 

"i soo woo like a wu tang law suit" 

"now the stakes are high like the top shelf of a meat market" (LMAO!)

"you say you about cheese, what you, some kind of mouse?!"

"i was wearing diapers when i shot my first gun, not talking bout number 1 or number 2" (wtffffffff???)

"why you living in denial? the nile is a river in egypt" (omg...)

"pap is outtie like a belly button"

lol i cant do this anymore, i dont care how big of a fan you are, there is no way in hell you can justify any of those lines, and truthfully i can go on for like 4 pages worth of his wack ass lines

there are ppl that truthfully are wacker at times but they make up for it in other ways, alot of south artists fall into this category, wacka flocka for example by traditional definition of what an emcee/rapper is or should be, is on paper, probably the worst of the bunch, but what he lacks in bars he makes up for in energy, delivery and great ear for beats. lol yo i love wacka flocka son, he makes fight music lol

even dudes you mentioned from ny kinda fall into that same category, juelz santana perfect example. alot of his bars are just mediocre (he has alot of hot bars to) but he makes up for it in confidence and overall presence on a track, along with flow and delivery

i mean the dude had the audacity to spit "i send my london boys to go english muffin you" 
lol yo thats a horrible line, especially on paper, but to hear him say it, it sounds like one of the greatest lines ever written, him and cam know how to sell their bars to the listener something that papoose has never figured out and thats why he's a bum and his music sucks

edit: also just wanted to add that if technicality is your end all be all of what makes papoose so "great", canibus does what he does at a higher level of excellence to even wacker beats and arguable similar approach to flow, and i'd listen to him all day, just my 2 cents

Dec 25, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #740 of 782
what you get off from juelz or waka is what I get off from pap, I like his flow and canibus' too, they both have a cerebral feel to their flow and I am used to it, any punchline can be subjective in how good they really are, I could nit pick Big L and accumulate all his wack lines(if he ever had any) and call it wack just cuz I believe it is, doesn't make it wack for other people

Juelz is just some wannabe pretty boy rapper, he's like an even more broke joe budden, waka is **** plain and simple, honestly though, you post a song from pap about ass and you there listening to the two of biggest asses in hip-hop

Dec 26, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #741 of 782
Quote:
what you get off from juelz or waka is what I get off from pap, I like his flow and canibus' too, they both have a cerebral feel to their flow and I am used to it, any punchline can be subjective in how good they really are, I could nit pick Big L and accumulate all his wack lines(if he ever had any) and call it wack just cuz I believe it is, doesn't make it wack for other people

Juelz is just some wannabe pretty boy rapper, he's like an even more broke joe budden, waka is **** plain and simple, honestly though, you post a song from pap about ass and you there listening to the two of biggest asses in hip-hop

Do you two know each other, cuz it seems like you'll have some bad blood from other/ previous threads if i guessed correctly. LoL But it sure was interesting/ fun reading your rebuttals, pretty insightful tbh.  Not a fan of pap, waka, wiz etc, but i can see where you'll are coming from. Pap seems similar to a lot of battle MCs that can be crazy witty in freestyles but when it comes to actual music making, they suck monkeyballs. Think we already discussed this before, tons of great battle MCs can't put out any quality music when they are signed. While numerous so call "rappers" that can't freestyle/ rap for sh!t put out tons of music that lots of people seem to love. This is extremely evident in todays pop/ rap music sadly but i guess all you need is a catchy beat/ hook to get the hype going to be popular, actual talent not a necessity.  

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #742 of 782
no bad blood, I've been in tons of hip-hop forums before, this is normal, to me atleast

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #743 of 782
Quote:
no bad blood, I've been in tons of hip-hop forums before, this is normal, to me atleast

Coolios keep it classy as i always say.
ksc75smile.gif
Seems like you 2 have had a close encounter before that's all. haha

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #744 of 782
Quote:
Coolios keep it classy as i always say.
ksc75smile.gif
Seems like you 2 have had a close encounter before that's all. haha

lol na, as far as i know i never seen him in any other thread before, i wasn't going at HIM, i was going at papoose, lol cuz honestly believe with every fiber of my being that he is one of the most overrated cornball rappers that has ever existed

we just have different opinions on him thats all

Dec 27, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #746 of 782
Quote:

ok:

I definitely can not see ghostface killah as conscious rapper. Nas, for sure. Common, 100%. Q-tip, no s--t! BUT GHOSTFACE KILLAH???
Dipset has some good and much bad. Mobb Deep stopped being mindblowing pretty early too.
"Joe Budden is a house nigga" made me laugh though. But How the hell is Ghostface Killah a conscious rapper???

Dec 27, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #747 of 782
social commentary, maybe I'm speaking for old ghostface cuz I haven't bothered much with his new releases,except for ghostdini, but in the 90's he was as seriously good storyteller

Dec 30, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #749 of 782
Quote:
social commentary, maybe I'm speaking for old ghostface cuz I haven't bothered much with his new releases,except for ghostdini, but in the 90's he was as seriously good storyteller

Excellent storyteller but he never dropped any "conscious" albums and only a few songs I'd classify as conscious. Maybe I say this because i listen to Talib Kweli, Mos Def and Common...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back