Rap Sucks
Dec 18, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #721 of 782
Ah dude I had some cargo pants in middle school too lol, who didn't...that was one fad I liked...I still have a pair now but they're work-pants when I did construction for a short while.

Flannel goes way back, its a perfect work shirt, its got a long history, khakis I don't know so much, I'm sure they're oooooold, they're still casual-dressy pants for a lot of people, depending on the type.

Skinny jeans I will never get, I've always been thin, but have soccer player legs, I remember trying on a pair for kicks once...squeezed the life out of my jewels, don't understand how people can be comfortable in them!

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #722 of 782
Quote:
Ah dude I had some cargo pants in middle school too lol, who didn't...that was one fad I liked...I still have a pair now but they're work-pants when I did construction for a short while.

Flannel goes way back, its a perfect work shirt, its got a long history, khakis I don't know so much, I'm sure they're oooooold, they're still casual-dressy pants for a lot of people, depending on the type.

Skinny jeans I will never get, I've always been thin, but have soccer player legs, I remember trying on a pair for kicks once...squeezed the life out of my jewels, don't understand how people can be comfortable in them!

Cargo pants will always have a place in my heart. <3

So damn true, wearing tight @ss pants gives me a headache cuz can't "breath" you know what i mean, literally. Skinny Asian dudes been rocking them skinny jeans since forever, have no idea how in the US went from super baggy in the 90s to skinnies now???  Kinda of a interesting trend tbh, but i ain't no trendy so it ain't for me stylistically or health wise. haha What's next? rocking ladies panties.........oh wait.... lil wayne
ph34r.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #725 of 782
This thread made me lol

A typical metalfag calling rap ****.

People need to be more open minded, I used to hate screamo until I heard good bands, I later ditched the screams and got into real metal.

I never liked rap after I was 11, Now I listen to many Rappers for their overall quality in producing music.

I had a music teacher who hated "metal" and glorified Dream Theatre as the closest to good music, I realize many death metal bands Are **** but that's no excuse to say all metal sucks. I usually wont bitch idiots out but inside I lose too much respect.

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #726 of 782
Quote:
This thread made me lol
A typical metalfag calling rap ****.
People need to be more open minded, I used to hate screamo until I heard good bands, I later ditched the screams and got into real metal.
I never liked rap after I was 11, Now I listen to many Rappers for their overall quality in producing music.
I had a music teacher who hated "metal" and glorified Dream Theatre as the closest to good music, I realize many death metal bands Are **** but that's no excuse to say all metal sucks. I usually wont bitch idiots out but inside I lose too much respect.

I love rap equal to if not more than the next man but there's no need to be calling dude a "Metalfag" for his ignorant views.

^^^This song is crazy. Badass beat, nutty flows and cool ass lyrics.

Dec 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #727 of 782
Reading the OP's profile makes for a lawlfest. Feels like a troll post with that profile LOL

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #729 of 782
Quote:
It is still really gangsta-ish. LoL

Of course, nothing is really new under the sun, but he has created his own brand of hip hop that is pretty unique/ refined compared to what is out there these days that's for sure. Took me some time to really get into Lupe, didn't really like his voice, style at 1st but eventually his stuff grew on me. But that is the thing though, the more i look into his lyrics on rap genius etc, the more I appreciate the moment of thought he puts into it. Not saying others don't but there are just layers and layers and layers, and I still have trouble understanding some of it.

I wouldn't say he is the father/ godfather etc, cuz just like hip hop/ rap music there are so many influences from ALL cultures in which the art form draws/ "samples" from. When you say Rakim is the father of ALL rappers is like saying hip hop/ rap music was created ONLY by black people, which is not true at all. I am sure there are many that have come before Rakim that he was influenced by, so.....

rakim actually is the godfather of modern hip hop in the sense that he was the original architect of the way people rap today. not in what he says of course as he wasnt the first person to make conscious rap (grandmaster flash & the furious five preceded him) or non party music rap or even 5 percenter infused lyrics (king sun came before him) or even gangster type raps (schooly d) 

its that before he came along, rappers were really sing songy with their flows, they would only rhyme the last word of every bar ("look at that girl she's really fat, i never go outside without my hat!" lol)  their were no layers, no complexity barely even any real metaphors, rakim was the forefather of rhyming within a rhyme, he broke conventions with what was then a very unconventional flow which is pretty much the staple for any rapper worth listening to today and helped elevate rap beyond just party music into a legitimate art form

"I start to think and then i sink, into the paper...like i was ink. when im writing im trapped in between the lines, i escape when i finish the rhyme...:" 
beyersmile.png

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:17 PM Post #730 of 782
Quote:
the difference between a bad rapper and good rapper

notice the difference in vibes Sway got from both of them

real talk, papoose is probably the wackest #$%^ breathing right now in all of hip hop lol, that being said...he did manage to kill that freestyle, also never liked childish gambino but i understand his appeal for certain people

Dec 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #731 of 782
???? who the **** would be better, I am willing to put him up bar for bar for anybody you got in mind

he spits multies as good as pun and comes up with metaphors as good as textcees, he's is perfect imo except for making actual songs

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #733 of 782
hard to believe a guy who's dropped something like 27 mixtapes, each one being downloaded a grand total of 12 times still hasn't blown up, i mean clearly the guy in that video i just posted deserves to break bread with the rupert murdochs, warren buffets and rothchilds of this world lol

"girl you got an onion i aint gon' lie, your ass so fat it bring tears to my eyes"

OOOOOOOOFFFF!!!! KILLED IT!

honestly when i closed my eyes and just absorbed the music, i could swear that just for a moment, it truly was the voice of god coming out of my speakers and speaking directly to my soul. mere mortals were never meant to witness such divine beauty on this earthly plane.

Dec 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM Post #734 of 782
he prolly ****ed those hoes, clearly he won, I still propose to you to name any other mc you got that got better skills than him, lets put him up bar for bar

Dec 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #735 of 782
son....

no exagerration or hyperbole, but you could literally throw a rock in any direction in a park full of rappers and non rappers alike and hit 3 people that are better than papoose on their worst days

its not even that papoose has a bad flow, its that he has NO flow. lol he's spitting to some made up beat he's got going on in his head, he reminds me of that chappelle show skit with fisticuffs, the deaf rapper who got shot 9 times in his ears (turn my headphone up #$%^!)

but if you want to play that game, fine, here's 3, jadakiss, fabolous, joe budden, heres 3 more, nas, pun, camron, heres another 3, vast aire, el p, sauce money, and another 3, styles p, cormega, game, yet another 3 again, ghostface, malice, prodigy, even if we're talking about primarily mixtape rappers he still wouldnt make top 10, or 20, or 50, grafh is years ahead of pap and he's basically at the same level careerwise as papsmear

but to prove to you how serious i was about horrible papoose is,  i'll even let you pick 3 rappers, past or present completely at random and i guarentee you that at worst they're equal in quality to papoose

if pap was really as nice as you think he is he'd already be on by now, he cant make a song to save his life, alphabetical slaughter was  7 years ago, his verse on touch it was 7 years ago, its time to move on. you cant keep making excuses for him, this is the internet age, you dont need a major or even a indie backing you to release an album to critical acclaim and even financial success. pap had a 1.5 million dollar deal on jive and still couldnt get on, face it dude is hopeless. he cries the most about the south taking over hip hop and yet single handedly holds back ny from even coming close to challenging them for the title

Users who are viewing this thread

Back