Rap Sucks
Dec 14, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #706 of 782
hmmmmm where is this song from, i don't recall hearing it from his albums??? But I haven't listened to his stuff in full in ages. LoL

Good Stuff. :beerchug:

I honestly have no idea, I've had the mp3 since the end of middle school, I took it off a friends mixtape CD

Dec 14, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #707 of 782
When Crows Descend Upon You Feat: Demoz by Jedi Mind Tricks
Lyrics, 
Beat, 
Everything. 

Love it. 

"Paz swears solemnly, cut your (expletive deleted) head like a lobotomy 
(unpleasant word deleted) the (expletive deleted) beat like (unpleasant word deleted)"

Poetry. 

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #708 of 782
Quote:
I love old/school as much as the next guy but people need to stop sleeping bc there have been a whole bunch of great releases this year, and half of them are free

mixtapes:
rare chandeliers & blue chips - action bronson (prod. by the alchemist and party supplies respectively)
1999 - joey badass
nehru jackets - heems/himanshu
duality - captain murphy  (FlyLo)

albums (no particular order):
good kid maad city - kendrick
control system - ab-soul
r.a.p. music - killer mike (prod. by el-p)
key to the kuffs - JJ DOOM

for the old-heads:
Trophies - Apollo Brown & OC
hence the title, Joey Badass's tape sounds like it's straight out of 1999

and sort of in it's own category:
TNGHT EP - TNGHT (hudson mohawke / lunice)

also anybody sleeping on Danny Brown needs to get on that.  He is your favorite rapper's favorite rapper.

yup mixtape scene is where its at, Datpiff is still the only music stream I use in my smartphone

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #709 of 782
the difference between a bad rapper and good rapper

notice the difference in vibes Sway got from both of them

Dec 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #710 of 782
Quote:
the difference between a bad rapper and good rapper

notice the difference in vibes Sway got from both of them

Why are you comparing those two?  I'm not a fan of either but Papoose is clearly spitting writtens, Gambino is not.  Not to mention they're stylistically on completely opposite sides of the spectrum.

Dec 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #711 of 782
Quote:
Why are you comparing those two?  I'm not a fan of either but Papoose is clearly spitting writtens, Gambino is not.  Not to mention they're stylistically on completely opposite sides of the spectrum.

the point of five fingers of death is to display your lyrical skills, its a perfect opportunity for a show and prove

a rapper should have rhymes for days and days, it doesn't matter if its written or not, its their profession if they got into it and  they should be comfortable with spitting either. If you are in the camp of "its not a freestyle unless it come of the head" that's cool, we can give gambino an award for best effort. Another thing clearly different is the switch in rhythm, gambino tried to keep his rhyme style no matter what beat came up(I hear this a lot in modern comercial rappers, they just rap over what they have no matter if the beat matches it or not) while papoose had the smarts to switch over rhymes that best fitted a faster rhythm, an indication he came prepared

as for why I'm comparing these two, a thread saying "rap sucks" I can agree to a degree if you got guys like gambino rapping like he's supposed to be good at what he does when in reality he sucks ass

Dec 18, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #719 of 782
Sort of, Hollywood is where all the tourist hipsters visit and pass through, the locs in the area don't change that much

Short history lesson: flannel n khakis started in the 50s n 60s with the Mexican cholos in Venice, in the 70s, surfers and skaters in Venice/Santa Monica picked it up through Jay Adams, pretty much the first surfer, then skater, because he grew up in the area, to dress like that, from the 70s on, everyone took that cholo style and pretty much made it a surf/skate thing, cholos kept it too, and it's just been passed down and down since then

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #720 of 782
Quote:
Sort of, Hollywood is where all the tourist hipsters visit and pass through, the locs in the area don't change that much

Short history lesson: flannel n khakis started in the 50s n 60s with the Mexican cholos in Venice, in the 70s, surfers and skaters in Venice/Santa Monica picked it up through Jay Adams, pretty much the first surfer, then skater, because he grew up in the area, to dress like that, from the 70s on, everyone took that cholo style and pretty much made it a surf/skate thing, cholos kept it too, and it's just been passed down and down since then

Nice, my cargo semi-baggy khakis got me through middle/ high school. Man love them big old cargo pants pockets, good times. LoL

WoW never knew khakis had such an interesting history. Flannels probably is as well, probably even more so.....? I guess current rappers are too busy getting into them skinny jeans. LMAO Man they be stealing this style from Asian folks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back