Rap Sucks
Sep 6, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #256 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalHead666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking today, about how crappy rap is. So I decided to dedicate a thread to the crappy, unmusicalness of rap. Release your anger and frustration on this subject. Share your thoughts on how bad it is.

O and remember, You Can't Spell Crap Without Rap.
evil_smiley.gif

x2

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #258 of 782
There's excellent stuff in every genre (the only exception to which I've found is emo). Saying "rap sucks" is basically a way of saying "I haven't heard good rap".

The same goes for all those people who dislike heavy metal because it's loud or they don't want to hear people screaming, etc. Those people just haven't heard heavy metal that doesn't exhibit the qualities that they attribute to the whole genre.

I used to dislike rap a lot as well, but once I realised that most mainstream rap was not only bad compared to the good stuff, but that the good artists consistently made fun of mainstream rap as much as I did, the rest fell into place.

Rap is excellent.

Sep 6, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #260 of 782
I bet most people didn't know about thi style of rap:

www.myspace.com/astronautalis

Yummy style. It's not very "booty dancing in da club hyphee", but it's dope, and if you've ever tried to narrate a story rhythmically (aka rap) like that, don't even say a word, it takes a big vocabulary...

REAL rap takes a large vocab. ALOT of people fail to realize that. Rappers aren't stupid, infact, they usually dumb themselves down to appeal to the masses for being hardcore. But if you've ever watched a REAL interview with any of even your idiot rappers, you'll see alot (not all) of them are fairly intellectual.

And example, although not rap, was when I watched a Paris Hilton interview uncut. She is one of the smartest people I've watched an interview about. She's only a ditz on her shows and other appearances, because it's what sells. She said it herself. My jaw dropped to the ground, and I was flabbergasted at how smart she really was.

If you've ever watched The Hills. The characters have even said in magazines, the producers MAKE them say **** like that, and it's stuff they'de never say in real life. Alot of your rap is like that. You think they compose and come up with all the lyrics? Yeah right. The only difference between Paris Hilton and trendy rap, is one's music, and one's not....

Sep 7, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #263 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by bennet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agree.. rap sucks. those damn rappers got no education and they're millionaires

What an ignorant statement. Who's to say artists of EVERY OTHER GENRE have grade A educations, and who says they're getting screwed over by rap artists taking their millions?

Sep 7, 2007 at 10:39 AM Post #264 of 782
When's head-fi gonna kill this thread? Or at the very least, post a few others with inflammatory banners like "classical sucks," "jazz sucks," "rock sucks," whatever. Hip-hop's validity isn't really in question anymore, but when posted alone in this way, the thread allows "rap sucks" to seem like some kind of truism instead of the silly bias it is.

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #265 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When's head-fi gonna kill this thread? Or at the very least, post a few others with inflammatory banners like "classical sucks," "jazz sucks," "rock sucks," whatever. Hip-hop's validity isn't really in question anymore, but when posted alone in this way, the thread allows "rap sucks" to seem like some kind of truism instead of the silly bias it is.

Jeeze you kids. this was originally posted 4 years ago. I can't believe you all are being such babies over this. It was initially done in jest to see what opinions people have. Get over yourselves. 90% of today's rap is crap. Grow a pair and get off the teet.
rolleyes.gif

You make it sound like someone's advocating killing babies or something. It's not that bad... it's an opinion. Go ahead and listen to it if it floats your boat. If you can't take a little criticism get off the net. Hell even your own musical preferences says "
You name it...except perhaps contemporary metal."

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:33 PM Post #266 of 782
Quote:

Originally Posted by archosman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hell even your own musical preferences says "You name it...except perhaps contemporary metal."

You went and did some research, eh? How flattering. Correct me if I'm wrong, though: "…except perhaps contemporary metal" isn't quite the same as "METAL SUCKS." Who's overreacting?

Sep 7, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #269 of 782
Quote:

You went and did some research, eh? How flattering. Correct me if I'm wrong, though...

Yeah I did...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=122947

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175446

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255285

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256635

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=256635

There's plenty of threads in this forum that criticize. I don't see this thread any less deserving...

Sep 7, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #270 of 782
Quote:

Hip-hop's validity isn't really in question anymore, [so] when posted alone in this way, the thread allows "rap sucks" to seem like some kind of truism instead of the silly bias it is.

Boy, is this becoming tedious. None of your "research" addresses the above. That you can't see why it doesn't reminds me of the chorus to that Mose Allison song: "Your mind is on vacation/And your mouth is workin'…overtime."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back