[rant] I hate ups!
Jul 20, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #16 of 24
During christmas of 06 the UPS guy delivered at 8:30pm in a Uhal moving truck?

This is the rule of thumb I use:

USPS Priority: Somthing Cheap, Small, and I don't care if it gets lost. Takes 3 days tops for anything to get to me.

Fed Ex: If it's more expensive and I actually care if it's lost. Take 3-5 days.

DHL: Rarely used them but they're fast.. never anything expensive though.

UPS: If you want to wait a month and save $.05 and 1/2 something will be wrong with your package when it arrives.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #17 of 24
I'm thinking I'm the only one that thought "why does he hate un-interruptable power supplies"when I read the thread title
tongue.gif

Jul 21, 2007 at 4:22 AM Post #18 of 24
UPS causes quite headache to me too.

It looks like it depends on the driver.

The driver who used to deliever mine about two years ago was a great young man. He always knocks and asking me sign with polite way. Never had any problem with him, and I even gave him a can of coke.

Then... I can not see him any more. Instead, I see another guy who is very rude. He never knocks. He is throwing package to the door instead of knocking. When I opened door surprised by banging sound, he is already in the truck. I shout like... don't you need my signature? He said, it's ok, dude. and took away. Thanks for throwing my package, dude. About 20 mins later, I found on UPS website said my package is signed by RH5GH something. After that, I call him RH5 guy rather than the UPS man.

OK, you know what?
I supposed to get new harry potter book tommorow... by... yes. UPS.
Let's see how RH5 handles the book at this time. :p

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #20 of 24
**** that squirrel picture is AWESOMENESS.

Is that a real camera the squirrel is using?? If yes, then I wonder why the squirrel is taking a photo with it... Perhaps it is a government experiment super-squirrel? I think this is highly likely seeing as squirrels are perfect in every way apart from there brain power. They can run up tree's very fast or use their bushy tails to tickle people to death, or block their field of vision. Best of all they run only on readily available nuts. Now all they need is human-like smarts and they are UNBEATABLE. I can see why the government has chosen to experiment with them...

Jul 21, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
**** that squirrel picture is AWESOMENESS.

Is that a real camera the squirrel is using?? If yes, then I wonder why the squirrel is taking a photo with it...

Yea thats real, I beleive that's a Minox, there are a few different Subminiatures.

edit:
O wow Minox has a new digital version of it too
minox_digital_classic_camer.jpg

Jul 21, 2007 at 10:33 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USPS managed to lose my passport sometime this week. I'm not a happy camper right now.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you send in your application for your passport? My father and I sent ours in around late April and are still waiting for them
frown.gif

What really bugs me about UPS is no free Saturday delivery (unlike USPS). I was supposed to have a package delivered today, but I was in the shower and my brother didn't hear the doorbell ring. So, now the package has been rescheduled for a second delivery attempt on Monday
frown.gif

I've also noticed that, for me at least, the time between when the UPS online tracking says "Out for delivery" and the package is actually delivered is almost always 8-12 hours.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #23 of 24
I've had a few share of smashed packages from UPS. DHL and USPS are much better in terms of both arrival and package care.

Jul 21, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #24 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But he didn't even stop at my house. Went right by it.

My guess is he forgot to deliver it

or he "forgot" to deliver it

Heh, a PS3 I ordered with 24 hour delivery which was posted on Wednesday has gone missing.

frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back