[rant] I hate ups!
Jul 20, 2007 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

xnothingpoetic

Headphoneus Supremus
So I ordered some headphones 6 days ago. I payed extra for ups 3 day select.

They don't ship it until two days later. Cool w/e. Then when ups finally gets it, something happens and the package is pushed back a day for delivery.

Today ups's site said "out for delivery".

So I wait.

9:30 am. I see a ups truck and say to myself "hey, he's early".

He makes a left turn onto my street.

He passes my house! And I may be a little paranoid but I felt like he gave the truck a little extra gas(?) when he passed my house.

So I must wait for the story to unfold some more before I accuse ups or someone for stealing my cans.

Right now it's 2:30 about, and their site still says "out for delivery"

And I know ups doesn't work on Saturday and if it dose come on Sunday, then it would have been 8 days! So much for 3 day select, waste of money in my case.

/ end rant

here's a picture to make this thread more lively
150863276_b5f1e22210.jpg

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 24
Glad you got it off your chest!
tongue.gif

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 24
UnPleaSant...

Man I bought Signet TK33 Electret Headphones worth quite a lot and THEE BAST'D UPS-MAN LEFT THEM IN FRONT OF MY FRIEND'S DOORS because my friend was on holidays by the time, not asking for signature or anything.

AVOID!
(sorry for turning my caps lock on)

Jul 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #4 of 24
Of course UPS didn't refund me anything although their own employee behaved like a mindless pothead...

You don't need to think a lot about what happened...
The headphones were stolen probably a few hours or minutes after being left in front of the door.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 24
But he didn't even stop at my house. Went right by it.

My guess is he forgot to deliver it

or he "forgot" to deliver it

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:19 PM Post #7 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But he didn't even stop at my house. Went right by it.

My guess is he forgot to deliver it

or he "forgot" to deliver it

I've had that happen before...you see the truck go by and say What? But everytime the UPS tracker says Out for Delivery, I have always received my package that day. Just give it time...

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 24
I got some stuff last night at 9:35PM. I didn't know UPS stayed out that late. And our driver forgot to ring the doorbell so I didn't even realize I had received it until around 11, when I checked tracking and it said "delivered." Sheesh.

Jul 20, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 24
I posted back in March about my disgust with UPS, I've had many issues over the years with them. I try my hardest to avoid them if at all possible.

In march Sennheiser sent me a replacement pair of headphones, I sat around the living room most the day as UPS doesn't knock or ring the door bell here, finally around 5:30 I checked the status and it said delivered. I checked everywhere outside my house, bushes, back yard, hell even under my car lol. I couldn't find a box anywhere. UPS was more then rude when I called them and stated that I need to hang up and call the police as my package has been stolen if it's not outside. Unacceptable I said I been in the main room all day, there hasn't been a sole up or down the street. I was then advised they can't help me any further and to call Sennheiser. I called Sennheiser, they called UPS, some manager calls me back and says I'm either lying or the package was stolen, she spoke to her driver and he described what the house looked like that he delivered to. I was livid beyond belief, around 8 o clock at night my neighbor come over from a couple houses down with my box. UPS delivered to the wrong house, which is what I believed all along.

I filed a complaint with UPS at the 800 number, and they basically didn't care, I had one person call me, and I never herd another thing. I kept bringing up there latest commercial "what can brown do for you" I said I was accused of lying, someone in my neighborhood was accused of stealing my package, what kind of customer service is that?

EDIT:
Also forgot 2 months ago I bought a camera lens from someone on eBay, I wasn't aware they where using UPS till it shipped. It had to be the same driver, they actually rang the door bell this time, but before I could get the door I herd "THUD" they either threw the box against the door, or slammed it against the ground. I go outisde and the box was pretty damaged hence why I think the driver threw the box as opposed to just dropping it. Thankfully the lens was well protected and in ok shape.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #14 of 24
Update:

well the scare is over, guy came here at 5:40pm

I have never had this kind of thing happen to me from ups. usually they come to my house before the mail comes.

Jul 20, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #15 of 24
UPS can and does have multiple drivers per route. Not unusual to have the regular guy not have the parcel in question only to have a second driver bring the item much later than usual.

Even so, I'll agree that UPS stinks. They're not only late most of the time but they routinely beat the living hell out of packages. They're my last resort on most deals. FedEx and DHL are far superior IMO.....although they, too, have their moments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back