Rank the True Wireless IEMs you've heard
Feb 10, 2020 at 5:11 PM Post #33 of 65
1. Mifo 07 (Luscious mid, studio monitor like sound, tight bass that not suitable for basshead, driver clipping with heavy bass song, the smallest case that is not regular airpod)
1. Cleer Ally (Tight and punchy bass, mid is clear and detailed, high is damn smooth but still airy, absolutely crazy battery life, micro-usb)
2. Fiil T1X (Fun sound, pretty close to harman curve sound, high is pretty well extended, bass is tight and punchy, mid is clear and detailed, EQ in the app)
3. 1more ANC (Fun sound, bass is punchy and has good body, mid is not overly thick and abit forward, highs can be piercing on some songs that smoothened out overtime, sound changes when turning on ANC)
4. Mpow M5 (Fun sound with punchy bass, thick mid/vocal, highs is rolled off)
5. Tronsmart Spunky Beats (Fun sound, sound is pretty close to Fiil T1X with less detailed and less extended highs, connection is not that great)
6. Samsung Galaxy Buds (Sound is pretty balance between bass, mid and high although the mid is on the thin side)
7. Tranya B530
8. QCY T1C
9. Ofusho F16 (Basshead will love this, mid and high still
10. Sabbat E12 Ultra (Bass is very prominent, mid is recessed and highs can be piercing on some songs, fit and form factor is great)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2020 at 2:52 AM Post #35 of 65
Best to worst, purely SQ.

1. Mavin Air-XR
2. Tronsmart Spunky Beats
3. Sabbat X12 Pro
4. Sabbat E12 Ultra
5. QCY T1C

Battery life on the Tronsmart Spunky Beats and QCY T1C was not enough for me, at about 2.5-3 hours max.

Last edited:
Feb 29, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #37 of 65
Ok - due to my ongoing mental illness that is collecting TWS headphones in the continual search for the best - here's my revised list of personal favourites:-

1. Sony WF1000XM3 - these have a wonderful full sound - even with the active noise cancelling switched off, I absolutely love these. I'm hoping that Sony releases a software update to enable aptx.

2. Lypertek Tevi - absolutely superb sounding headphones - especially after applying the software update. Awesome battery life.

3. Mavin Air-X - shares a similar sound characteristic with the Tevi's - go nice and loud without distortion and are comfortable.

4. Apple Airpods - iconic and faultless when it comes to bluetooth connection. Has a pleasant own sound quality which sounds even better when you use the headphones with foamies.

5. QCY Q32 - I use these when driving my truck (one headphone at a time though) to listen to books (I actually use FB Reader and Google Text to Speech to talk my text-based books to me) and they work great. I can get all day use by using one headphone at a time and they're really easy to take in and out quickly.

I've not currently got my eye on any others - mostly because I'm really happy with the Sony's and the Tevi's but who knows what the future might bring.

Mar 21, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #38 of 65
Best to worst, purely SQ.

1. Mavin Air-XR
2. Tronsmart Spunky Beats
3. Sabbat X12 Pro
4. Sabbat E12 Ultra
5. QCY T1C

Battery life on the Tronsmart Spunky Beats and QCY T1C was not enough for me, at about 2.5-3 hours max.

Best to worst SQ IMO (top to bottom).

BT20S + earbud/IEM of choice ≥ any below.

Mavin Air-XR (best overall as well)
Liberty 2 Pro (v3 requires EQ, I did notice a coherency problem on a song recently)
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Sabbat X12 Pro
Sabbat E12 Ultra
QCY T1C

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #39 of 65
Haven't heard many TWS's but here is my short list from best to worst:

1. Sony WF-1000Xm3
2. Powerbeats Pro
3. Airpods Pro
4. Airpods Gen 2
5. Xiaomi Redmi Airdots

Hoping to try the MW07's at some point based on all the high praise.

Apr 30, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #40 of 65
Small update, just got some XM3's.

Best to worst SQ (top to bottom). I prefer a relatively balanced signature with somewhat forward mids/highs and a sub-bass focus in the lower end, instead of mid-bass (which tends to bleed into the lower mids). More like having a subwoofer with a 125hz low pass crossover that leaves the mids/highs clean, as I'm not a fan of a too overly warm and muddy sound.

Sony WF-1000XM3 (w/EQ)
Liberty 2 Pro (v3 requires EQ, I did notice a coherency problem on a song recently)
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Sabbat X12 Pro
Sabbat E12 Ultra
QCY T1C

Despite not having many 'features' or an app, the Air-XR's are my favorite. They have a very good sound signature that I can live without EQ'ing, good battery life (about 6hrs without TWS+ on my phone), great fit and a tiny QI case.

The fit for me is pretty great with some 6.5mm round style TS400 foams I found on AliExpress. It is similar to how the Airpod Pro's are described to fit, the rear of the earpieces fit against the anti-helix, sit on the anti-tragus and the tips just somewhat cover/slightly insert into the canal. Super comfortable and very stable.

If they had ANC and Ambient I wouldn't still be trying others (L2P & XM3).

The WF-1000XM3's come second but need EQ to sound anywhere near as good as the Air-XR's for me. The Noise Cancellation works well, the Sony app is good, Ambient works but I haven't used it outside of a brief test.

Battery life is great w/o NC or EQ/DSEE HX, I got 7:30 to 1st warning at 20% and 9:20 to automatically shutting off). Unfortunately battery life drops to 3:40 to 20% warning and 4:40 shut off with NC & EQ on. I haven't tested battery life with NC on but without EQ yet, I will update this post when I do.

The fit is ok to good, I would not recommend these for heavy activity (YMMV). Finding the right tips and placing them so the earpieces are sitting against the anti-tragus for comfort and stability is needed IMO.

The case is the largest of all the TWS I've had thus far. Wish it had Qi wireless charging and was smaller.

The Liberty 2 Pro's are basshead worthy IMO. I have the rev 3's which are supposed to be the more balanced version and I still have to reduce bass the maximum amount allowed by the app. With EQ they sound good but I have noticed coherency issues a couple times.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #41 of 65
Best to worst SQ IMO (top to bottom).

Liberty 2 Pro (requires EQ, I did notice a coherency problem on a song recently)
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Sabbat X12 Pro
Sabbat E12 Ultra
QCY T1C
I figure out a way to get 9-10 hours of used for the Mavin, when connected to phone it connected the left side first, the battery drain is about 25-30% between the left and right, so used the left till it is 40% left, and then disconnected and connect the right side, for the remain of the battery, that how I got close to 9-10 hours of used

May 1, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #42 of 65
I figure out a way to get 9-10 hours of used for the Mavin, when connected to phone it connected the left side first, the battery drain is about 25-30% between the left and right, so used the left till it is 40% left, and then disconnected and connect the right side, for the remain of the battery, that how I got close to 9-10 hours of used

I've done that bud didn't get that much more life. What codec are you using? Mine was tested on APT-X.

May 1, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #45 of 65
It's fun to see how different everyone's list is different. I'm kind of blow away that no one has listed the NUARL n6/n6pro, NT01A/X, or the Echo Buds.

Here's a quick top list of my favs by Sound Quality:

1. Nuarl N6 (Eq'd to sound like the N6 pro with more bass)
2. Nuarl N6 pro
3. Amazon Echo Buds (minor touch sensor probs, stupid case and charging mechanism)
4. Sony WF-1000XM3 (With the right tips these are as good if not better than the echo buds)
5. Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro (Rev. 3)

I'm getting another pair of Lypertek Tevi's and I suspect they will fit between 6-8th place.

6. Anbes 359/SSK BT-03 (Everything I throw at this budget TWS sounds really fantastic. (JVC spiral dots really help with definition.)
7. FIIL T1X (w/ bass eq on. A little bright to listen to at louder volumes and their warranty sucks. One of my ports completely disconnected from the housing and it's been two months and they offered me $20 off a new pair on Amazon.) Good thing I have 3 pair. :wink:
8. Mavin Air-XR (great fidelity ,a touch less definition than the T1x, but more mids. a bit too mid forward and warm, With some eq'ing they are up there with the Anbes)
9. EarFun Free
10. Tranya B530 Pro
11. Tranya Rimor
11. Tranya T3 ( That bass though!)
12. MPOW T5/M5
13. Air Pods Pro (Sound pretty good with major EQ adjustments)
14. Lystar J29 (budget wonder)
15. Chisana C1L (most bass i've ever head in a TWS besides the L2pro Ver. 1)

Honorable Mentions 1More Stylish (sound great with a lot of Eqing), M&D MW07, (I a/b tested these for days against the FIIL's and 359's and they had a nice sound and a great mic, but i'd take the AIR-XR, Ear Fun over them all day long. espeically for the Scratch Prone case and bulky design. Also, The Bomaker SiFi are also excellent, but very sonically similar to the FIIL T1X. I liked the T1x better, so I sent the Si-Fi back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back