Rank the True Wireless IEMs you've heard
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

SilverEars

Headphoneus Supremus
Please be sure to understand what 'true wireless' means. They are distinct subset of wireless iems. 'True wireless' have no wires connected between the two earpieces. Each ear pieces are separate with no wires attached to anything.

With that said, please rank the 'true wireless' iems you've heard.

Here is my ranking:

1. Jabra 65t
2. Samsung Galaxy IconX
3. Jaybird Run
4. Beoplay E8

Jul 12, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #2 of 65
My current ranking:
  1. Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless
  2. Beoplay E8 Motion (I currently own them)
  3. Master & Dynamic MW07
  4. Earin M2
  5. RHA TrueConnect

Jul 12, 2019 at 7:13 AM Post #3 of 65
nice that you follow up with this thread after your question on the other thread :ksc75smile:

here's my current personal ranking:

1.Nillkin Go
2.Sony WF-1000X
3.QCY T1C
4.Earin M2
5.Sabbat X12 Pro
6.Mifo O5 Dynamic driver
7.Sabbat E12 Pro
8.Jabra Elite 65t
9.Pamu Scroll

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 65
All i've heard/owned are chi-fi. Towards the top this gets kind of hard, but it's based mostly on application. I'm rating these based on Music sound quality.
The T3 and T5 and VERY close T3 has way more bass ,but it's less crisp and the T1C is nearly as good, but the Volume on my iphone is not loud enough.

1. Anbes 359
2. Tranya T3
3. MPOW T5
4. QCY T1C/T1S/QS1
5. Tiso i4
6. QCY T1 Pro
7. Syllable D900p
8. Pamu Scroll
9. Anbes D42
10. Anbes 360

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 65
nice that you follow up with this thread after your question on the other thread :ksc75smile:

here's my current personal ranking:

1.Nillkin Go
2.Sony WF-1000X
3.QCY T1C
4.Earin M2
5.Sabbat X12 Pro
6.Mifo O5 Dynamic driver
7.Sabbat E12 Pro
8.Jabra Elite 65t
9.Pamu Scroll
Yup, it occured to me to ask everybody what their top TW after asking you.

I figure it would help out others looking for TW to look at some statistics to help their research.

So far, rankings doesn't show much consistancy. Just shows people's preferences and choices differ due to so many TW products out there. My ranking is based on early releases, but there has been overwhelming amout Chinese products that has come out as well.

Jul 12, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #7 of 65
Jul 12, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 65
1. Anbes 359 (wins out due to price)
2. Mifo O5 Professional / balanced armature
3. Astrotec Motivation/S80
4. SoundPeats true free

Tranya T3 and Tiso i4 on the way.... So will update once that's done.

Ps: my reviews in my signature

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #9 of 65
1. soundcore liberty 2 pro
2. Anbes 359
3. Tranya T3
4. Astrotec S80 (motivation)
5. Syllable S101
10. Zolo Liberty Plus

Anbes 359 and Tranya T3 can flip around for me depending if I want more bass for what I'm listening to. The T3 being the one that delivers more oomph

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM Post #10 of 65
Today I first touch to Sony WF1000XM3.
Sound was soso on Sony stock eartip.
Can say those are crap eartip, decrease sq and appearance.
But on the eartip of B&O E8, both overall appearance and sq much improved.

Jul 12, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 65
Today I first touch to Sony WF1000XM3.
Sound was soso on Sony stock eartip.
Can say those are crap eartip, decrease sq and appearance.
But on the eartip of B&O E8, both overall appearance and sq much improved.
This is one IEM I look forward to, I hope I'll manage to try them soon as they seem ideal for frequent travelers like me.
Where would you position them in your current ranking?

btw, I'm ashamed to admit I don't know half of the brands/models people are posting.. I have to explore more the true wireless segment. :)

Jul 13, 2019 at 2:36 AM Post #12 of 65
This is one IEM I look forward to, I hope I'll manage to try them soon as they seem ideal for frequent travelers like me.
Where would you position them in your current ranking?

btw, I'm ashamed to admit I don't know half of the brands/models people are posting.. I have to explore more the true wireless segment. :)

I really wanted to buy it. In Japan shop its price tag ¥25800 (~$250) (on Amz will be less).
Having B&O E8v2 this Sony stuff wont not be my must-have. But at that price tag I remark it is a good p/p item on eartip of E8.
My E8v2 dont have a spare tip(at best size) for this Sony. It is deal breaker.

Stock tip made of some kind of plastic (?) or cheap rubber(?) really weird for a good stuff.
Is there any posibility that Sony want to prove their ANC ability?
Bcs of that eartip blocking noise badly (while Shure always good at this) so ANC function will have chance to show off.

To compare agains E8 v2, Sony is not as rich as and spacious in sound. But clearity is abit better.
Bass of Sony one is less than needed (note, Im not bass head) on its tip, due to tip fitting (size is okay for my ears but the material lack of softness). When ANC is On there's abit more quantity and abit extend, just abit.
On tip of E8, bass is then okay, w/ or w/o ANC.
It is another flavor. Bass on E8 still better extend and rumble while Sony stuff have better bass kicking.
Combine of low-mid-upper bass makes that flavor. Different is there but both ok to my ear.
Highs on both are good. E8 still a litter more extend.

IMO, on a good noise blocking like E8 or Shure's iem, ANC is meaningless!
Body (shell) of E8 also block the sound while Sony use weird eartip and the body is not contact to ear helix design then addition ANC function :D
More thing, I found a drop (sound pause then automatic reconnect) during 1hour listening to it.

To be fair, new sony is a tie vs E8v2.

Jul 14, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #14 of 65
Here's my list - number one being the best:-

1. Mavin Air-X - this one is the very best I've ever heard. Features aptx and volume controls as well as excellent battery life. I think of these like my own wireless Etymotic's.

2. Apple Airpods. I personally think these sound great - I purchased these at full retail price and don't regret it for one minute.

3. SoundPEATS Q32 v2. You would be hard pushed to find better value for money. I use these every day for listening to books whilst driving my truck.

I currently own the excellent Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10's and have owned the Etymotic ER4P in the past and I feel that the Mavin Air-X sound virtually as good. Nice flat sound characteristics, awesome volume and superb battery life.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #15 of 65
Any new top 5 guys?
My top 3

Anbes 359/SSK
Ofusho F16(APTX)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back