Rank the True Wireless IEMs you've heard
May 1, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #46 of 65
Might need to update mine as I bought new TWS.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #48 of 65
Update, best is top to bottom.

BT20S + earbud/IEM of choice can be better/worse or equal to any below.

Mavin Air-XR (best overall as well)
Samsung Buds+ (plus, custom EQ)
Sony WF-1000XM3 (w/EQ)
Liberty 2 Pro (v3 requires EQ, I did notice a coherency problem on a song recently)
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Sabbat X12 Pro
Sabbat E12 Ultra
QCY T1C

"Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 Pro (Rev. 3)"

what do you mean by Rev. 3?

There were multiple revisions or versions of the hardware from Anker for this model. So he is saying his is the 3rd version or revision #3.

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #49 of 65
Update, best is top to bottom.

BT20S + earbud/IEM of choice can be better/worse or equal to any below.

Samsung Buds+ (plus, custom EQ)
Sony WF-1000XM3 (w/EQ)
Liberty 2 Pro (v3 requires EQ, I did notice a coherency problem on a song recently)
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Sabbat X12 Pro
Sabbat E12 Ultra
QCY T1C

There were multiple revisions or versions of the hardware from Anker for this model. So he is saying his is the 3rd version or revision #3.

Thanks for that. is there model numbers etc ahat that indicate which version you may have?

Jun 26, 2020 at 3:15 AM Post #50 of 65
Thanks for that. is there model numbers etc ahat that indicate which version you may have?

Yes. See below.

Soooo. I'm still in contact with anker, trying to sort out my returns and what not. They told me the serial number is on the charging case tab, you'll need to pull it out and it's on the back.

To give you an idea. My version 1 starts with 1939, Version 2 starts with 1943 and my newest version ver. 3 starts wtih 1947.

Jun 26, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #52 of 65
Any new top 5 guys?
My top 3

Anbes 359/SSK
Ofusho F16(APTX)
Hello Peeps!
Man I haven’t used my TWS in over a year. Syllable I’ve used once in a while for TV or phone, but not music. charged them all up and put them in my bag. I really miss them. Nothing new bought either. If Anbes ever return with a new model I might bite.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #54 of 65
Update, best from top to bottom.

Samsung Buds+ (w/custom EQ)
Sony WF-1000XM3 (w/custom EQ)
Liberty 2 Pro (v3 requires EQ imo, I did notice a coherency problem once)
Sabbat X12 Ultra***
Tronsmart Spunky Beats
Samsung Buds Live***
Sabbat X12 Pro***
Sabbat E12 Ultra
QCY T1C

*** = Non-isolating and may not directly compare to others.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #56 of 65
Mar 9, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #57 of 65
Mar 9, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #60 of 65
Thank you very much. I'll have a look there.
I have the original MTW and find it rather bass-heavy. Is the MTW2 more towards a neutral signature?
Never heard the original MTW, so can't say. MTW2 on the other hand has better tonal balance than most others IMO. Most TWS i've tried sound wonky and are either V-shaped or with wild treble boost to appear to have good resolution and clarity. Mid-centric w/ a little warmth sounds like a typical Sennheiser but the questions is how different is the MTW2 from the original MTW. You can tone down the lows if you need to. You may be better off with the CX400BT and save some money if ANC is not a priority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back