Rank the best sounding daps that you heard
Jul 28, 2020 at 12:01 PM Post #211 of 857
Calyx M. There are a few left before out of stock forever: https://store.jaben.com/products/calyx-m
This DAP is not only best sounding at around 400 but best sounding at around 4000 Dollar DAPs, at least for me (and some others) :wink:
ive heard so many good anecdotal stories about the Calyx M and may want to pick one up to try.

is battery user-replaceable? with only 7 hours per charge, this will last about a year for me before needing a fresh battery. My DX220 has the ability to change the battery.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #212 of 857
Mine:
1. SP1000 , My personal Favorite and current. Stainless: unreal detail retrieval, great sound stage and plenty of bottom,
2. AK380 Copper warmer than SP1000 good sound stage and good detail retrieval.
3. Sony WM1Z. had for a few days, just too warm for me.
3. AK300 step up from AK100 on the warm side, not enough power output.
4. AK100 Entry and first DAP I ever purchased, decent all rounder.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #214 of 857
I am lost after I heard so many high end daps lol

I end up liking the wm1a the most!
I am thinking to sale my mint condition wm1z and 1 x more 1a as I have 2 hehe

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #215 of 857
ive heard so many good anecdotal stories about the Calyx M and may want to pick one up to try.

is battery user-replaceable? with only 7 hours per charge, this will last about a year for me before needing a fresh battery. My DX220 has the ability to change the battery.
Hi, yes, battery is replaceable. Also you could always send it to Romi Audio, they also change the battery if needed.

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #216 of 857

The battery lasts more like 4 hours, not 7, with the battery pack last longer, like 7 hours

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #218 of 857
Aug 2, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #220 of 857
I am waiting for something to outperform DMP-Z1 for my own preferences, still nothing out there, so I guess it is the best I have ever heard

I am sure the Ta isnt that bad but I never heard it :frowning2:

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #222 of 857
If you meant TA ZH1ES? Then it isn’t a DAP :wink:.....but it is still behind Vs DMP

is the ta zh considered as signature series device? I think dmp is not the ta right?

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #223 of 857
is the ta zh considered as signature series device? I think dmp is not the ta right?
I don’t know if it was, probably is, but TA is a desktop DaC/amp. DMP is a signature series and is a stand alone Player for headphones, so the DMP is totally categorized as a DAP or Digital Audio Player. Whether it is portable or not is never in the thread question title :wink:

Aug 2, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #224 of 857
I don’t know if it was, probably is, but TA is a desktop DaC/amp. DMP is a signature series and is a stand alone Player for headphones, so the DMP is totally categorized as a DAP or Digital Audio Player. Whether it is portable or not is never in the thread question title :wink:
Would love to hear the DMP once! :)

Aug 2, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #225 of 857

dmp is the most extreme dap ever created lol. You simply need a pouch to carry it around or a male purse lmao with gold hangers haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back