Rank the best sounding daps that you heard
Jul 9, 2020 at 6:53 AM Post #182 of 869
If you can count the hugo 2 as I dap then I would say hugo2

Jul 9, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #183 of 869
Are the Vali's easy to drive, Or is it that some portable players have the required power?
Hi, the Vali are relatively easy to drive

Jul 16, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #184 of 869
Finally I got it
20200716_184911.jpg

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:19 AM Post #187 of 869
very unexpereecced with ba DAP, but here I go
1) A&K KANN, the first DAP I feel to not have the DAP sound, it sound hefty and powerful, Soundstage can have a bit more work in but it drives my Z7 to satisfaction, which is not easy.
2) Shanling M3s: Current DAP neutral champ, it goes well with most things, just that it's driving power even with Balanced is not enough for me. also the control/volume wheel is just atrocious, infakous for breaking after a couple months of use.
3) Fiio X3ii average DAP, has more feature than X1 but i dont find anything special about it
4) Fiio X1& ii: warm, definitely entry level sounding, build is alright but really a bit big and doesn't offer much
5) Fiio M3: warm small, cheap, also battery champ. its a DAP when you basically doesn't care about sound much, just plug em and play whatever it can drive. sometimes it's sound is beaten by some smartphone (point at LG V Series, even my Sony Xperia is better than it) also, no wireless connectivity whatsoever.

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #188 of 869
I need more time to give a proper feedback to Cayin n8 BB, but first impression is very positive. I like the 4.4 and the tubes. More to come

Jul 17, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #189 of 869
Fiio X3III - Smooth sound with micro details missing most of the time. But has a good tonality and sounds fine with most pop stuff.
Shanling M0 - Better details than the X3III but the little screen and touch interface is a pain to use after some time once the novelty factor has worn off. Still like it as a travel DAP that can fit in a little pouch.
IBasso DX160: Very nice sound DAP with an expanded stage details and great synergy with CA Andromeda. But misses out on ultimate separation and layering abilities with lesser iems.
Dethonray DTR1- IMO this DAP can compete with any DAP irrespective of price on SQ and SQ alone. Love the synergy with DD cans and iems. CA Andromeda not a very good match with it.

Jul 17, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #190 of 869
Hello guys, I decided to sell one of my favorite player, the Acoustic research ar-m2. I have two and I need some money and I am willing to let one go. For those interested please send me a PM. Thank you!

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #191 of 869
I need more time to give a proper feedback to Cayin n8 BB, but first impression is very positive. I like the 4.4 and the tubes. More to come
I am particularly interested in your comparison with the Calyx M, as some reviewers still prefer the Calyx M on sound quality. Other claim the N8 is superior. What do you think/hear? What about the tube output of the N8 in comparison to the Calyx M? :)

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #192 of 869
Time for some battle, Cayin N8 and Acoustic research ar-m2
20200717_181921.jpg

Jul 17, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #193 of 869
And another battle with the Calyx M
20200717_182534.jpg

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #195 of 869
Hi guys, I didn't have the time to give you any feedback. I like the sound of Cayin N8, a lot but I am kinda disappointed with the UI. I like the sound of the 4.4 balanced and the tubes. The 4.4 sound almost identical with the Acoustic research ar-m2 to the point that I would not distinguish between the two with my eyes closed. The tubes sound great in a different way than Calyx M that also have this warm sound. What is nice is that you have different sound from the same device. Now I still have to decide if is going to replace the Calyx m and Acoustic research ar-m2 because I have a buyer remorse, nothing related with the sound but with the cost of the player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back