Rank all 12 Beatles albums for the ultimate Poll!
Oct 19, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #17 of 75
1. Revolver
2. Sgt. Pepper's
3. White Album
4. Rubber Soul
5. Abbey Road
6. Let It Be
7. Magical Mystery Tour
8. Help
9. Hard Day's Night
10. Please Please Me
11. Beatles For Sale
12. With The Beatles

No doubt to me that Revolver is #1.

Tough call between Sgt. Pepper's and White album for #2, finally I gave it to Sgt. Pepper's for the stronger conceptualization and historical impact. But considering that Hey Jude was recorded during the White Album sessions and I also prefer a lot of the WA songs, #2 is actually pretty much a tie for me.

Tough call also in the middle tier between MMT and Let It Be. I almost gave #6 to MMT for Fool on the Hill, Strawberry Fields, Penny Lane, and the signature All You Need Is Love, but overall I like the end-of-group/sad but rocking kind of 70s feel of Let It Be a little more, with Get Back, I Dig a Pony, LAWR, I've Got a Feeling, and of course the title track. I think Let It Be is largely an underrated album.

Abbey Road gets the nod over both mostly for side 2/medley (and the most rocking jam in all of rock and roll with The End), but also Something and Come Together are pretty strong (and I always liked IWY/She's So Heavy). Silver Hammer and Octopus's Garden almost knocked it below MMT and Let It Be to #7.

In the last tier, Help! gets it over the others for Help, Yesterday, and Ticket to Ride, HDN next with HDN and Can't Buy Me Love, and the final two in a virtual tie for last place, but hey, they are what they are, etc.
wink.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #18 of 75
Here's my list:

1. Abbey Road
2. The White Album
3. Revolver
4. Sgt. Pepper
5. Magical Mystery Tour
6. Rubber Soul
7. Help
8. Please Please Me
9. A Hard Day's Night
10. Beatles For Sale
11. With the Beatles
12. Let It Be

It's hard to rank them, for sure. I like all of their albums for different reasons. I struggled a little with putting Magical Mystery Tour were I did because I've always thought of that as an EP that got turned into an LP and, therefore, it wasn't as legitimate an album as the others. But, ignoring that, the song list on the LP is really great and I do consider it an extension of Sgt. Pepper. Let It Be is a great album too, but has always been a little bit depressing to me, so I ranked the earlier ones ahead of it. Those have such energy and joy in them and they certainly have their share of great songs too.

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:45 AM Post #20 of 75
1) White Album
2) Rubber Soul
3) Sgt. Pepper
4) Revolver
5) A Hard Days Night
6) Abbey Road
7) Magical Mystery Tour
8) Help
9) Let it Be
10) Beatles for Sale
11) Please Please Me
12) With the Beatles

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #21 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  • Revolver
  • Abbey Road
  • Let It Be
  • Rubber Soul
  • Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  • Magical Mystery Tour
  • A Hard Day's Night
  • The White Album
  • Help!

I've never owned or heard these 3 so I can't really rank them.
Please Please Me
With The Beatles
Beatles For Sale

Hey Scompton, I wholeheartedly want to include your list in this poll and I thank you for participating:) I don't really know how to include you in the ranking because your missing 3 albums, do you have a suggestion as to how I should do it? Should I wait until you've heard the 3 albums? I'm probably going to be running this poll for a bunch of months.

Oct 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #22 of 75
I doubt I'll ever hear those 3 albums. I've never liked the earliest Beatles hits so I was never interested in getting the earliest albums. For years the earliest album I owned was Rubber Soul. I found Help and Hard Days Night cheap used which is the only reason I own those.

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #23 of 75
1. Revolver
2. Sgt. Pepper
3. Abbey Road
4. Rubber Soul
5. Magical Mystery Tour
6. A Hard Day's Night
7. White Album
8. Let It Be
9. Help
10. Beatles for Sale
11. Please Please Me
12. With the Beatles

Oct 19, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #24 of 75
  • Revolver
  • Abbey Road
  • The White Album
  • Magical Mystery Tour
  • Rubber Soul
  • Help!
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  • Let It Be
  • Please Please Me
  • A Hard Day's Night
  • Beatles For Sale
  • With The Beatles

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #25 of 75
For me, it's:

1. Abbey Road
2. Revolver
3. Sgt. Pepper
4. The Beatles (White Album)
5. Rubber Soul
6. Help!
7. Magical Mystery Tour
8. A Hard Day's Night
9. Let It Be
10. Please Please Me
11. With the Beatles
12. Beatles For Sale

40 years after its release, Abbey Road is still the most creative set of rock music ever produced.

Oct 21, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #28 of 75
1. Abbey Road
2. The White Album
3. Let It Be
4. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
5. Revolver [UK]
6. Rubber Soul [UK]
7. Magical Mystery Tour
8. A Hard Day's Night [UK]
9. Help! [UK]
10. Please Please Me
11. With The Beatles
12. Beatles For Sale

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:18 AM Post #29 of 75
1.Abbey Road
2.The White Album
3.SPLHCB
4.Revolver
5.Rubber Soul
6.Magical Mystery Tour
7.Let It Be
8.Help
9.A Hard Day's Night
10.Beatles For Sale
11.With The Beatles
12.Please Please Me

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #30 of 75
Hmm, I have a question. Is Beatles some sort of audiophile-band here? I find it extremely weird that these Beatles-threads keep popping up. Personally I find them... not that good to keep it clean. But there´s no threads like this about other bands. And you, DavidMahler, seem to always create these threads. It´s good that you´ve found a band you like and many others seem to like them too. But this sort of showcases Beatles above other bands, which isn´t a fact and not even that common opinion. I´m finished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back