Ralphtx - HTX7 modded in an unusual way
Jan 27, 2011 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rhalf

100+ Head-Fier
It's been some time since I had fun with HTX7, but I thouht you guys might be interested in this.

Brightx:
The first thing I wanted to change was the sound but it turned out that I can't quite make it better, so I just brightened them up by this:

I don't encourage you to copy this cause I got some complaints from people who didn't like how little the bass it leaves.

But then I thought that there's plenty of space between my head and the headband right over the cups just being wasted. So I came up with ralphtx:

Can you guess what that means? There are many benefits of this mod, and coming back to normal after a week of using a set like this is a bit twitchy and confusing.
This description isn't quite in English but it's simple: painted headband, a piece of velcro, a screenless player, a tiny plug, great sounding (sitll very cheap) installation cable - conducfil sonolene 3014.

The player doesn't even touch your head. I've done a few mods, but this one is by far my favourite.
By the way I'm looking for a more descriptive name. Any ideas?

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #3 of 8
i was actually thinking of buying a black and a white headphone and swapping the cups around. this way i would have a white band with black headphones and a black band with white headphones (as in the image above).

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 8
I used leather lacquer, that works with nitro. Quite good, although not perfect. Needs repainting after a few months. It's called renoskór in Poland.
You have to unsoldier the wires to get the headband off. You actually don't have to take the leather off the skeleton. There's a pillow that's hard to put in afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back