Raleigh/Durham Triangle meet, September 2014
Jul 13, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #16 of 35
After lurking on these forums for a few years, it would be a great experience to get to a meet. I hope this happens for sure. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #18 of 35
Still work in progress.  

We're gauging the interest of those that are in the area and want to attend as well as those that are not in the area and want to attend.  Based on that, we're looking for a place to host with affordable overnight stays.

Alex, your experience and help would certainly be welcome, but I guess we should probably agree on a date first.

Jul 30, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #19 of 35
All I have now is a Nuforce uDac-2SE and PSB M4U2, but am absolutely hoping to join!  Wish I had my gear still...had to sell for wedding savings purposes 
frown.gif

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #22 of 35
I'm sorry to inform that because of several life events of the people coordinating this meet we will have to reschedule the event for a later date.  We agreed that it would be worse to put on a bad event than to just hold off till we can do it properly.  Feel free to discuss in this thread when you guys feel an appropriate time would be, but realistically it will probably have to be January or later.

Aug 20, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #23 of 35
Sorry to hear the Triangle Meet is a no-go. Life happens and some things must take priority. Should there be problems organizing a meet for the 1st quarter
of 2015 let me know and I'll try to put together a Charlotte (Cornelius) meet.

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #24 of 35
Bummer, but I totally understand. Raleigh definitely makes the most sense, but would there be any interest at all in a more eastern NC meet. If it was the Wilmington area I could probably put something together. I know there are some people from Jacksonville, New Bern, Fayetteville areas. Raleigh is about two hours away. For people coming from Charlotte, Wilmington is about an hour further than Raleigh. So as to not hijack the thread, if anyone would be interested send me a PM. 

Aug 20, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #25 of 35
Bummer, but I totally understand. Raleigh definitely makes the most sense, but would there be any interest at all in a more eastern NC meet. If it was the Wilmington area I could probably put something together. I know there are some people from Jacksonville, New Bern, Fayetteville areas. Raleigh is about two hours away. For people coming from Charlotte, Wilmington is about an hour further than Raleigh. So as to not hijack the thread, if anyone would be interested send me a PM. 

Wilmington would be awesome! Count me in...

Aug 20, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #26 of 35
Wilmington would be awesome! Count me in...

Cool. 

But let's not hijack this particular thread. Send me a PM if interested in wilmington and if there is enough interest I will start a separate thread.

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #27 of 35
Hey Everyone!

This Saturday, November 22nd I am hosting a get together at my place in Durham near Streets of Southpoint Mall starting at 1PM and running until the last person leaves.  While the primary focus of this meeting will be two channel audio (new Harbeth SHL5+ model that just started shipping in the USA, along with PS Audio DirectStream DAC, various Unison Research integrateds and the Devialet all in one box products being the primary focus), I will have several different headphone setups and am happy to let anyone interested have a listen.  I plan to host a headphone specific listening party after the Thanksgiving holiday for anyone interested in listening to anything I have here as well as others bringing their stuff to show off

Gear available for listen:

Headphones:
Audeze LCD-2 Bamboo and Rosewood, LCD-3, LCD-X, LCD-XC
Fostex new TH-500RP, TH-600, TH-900, T50RP with mods
Sennheiser HD600, HD650, HD700, HD800, IE800, Urbanite XL, Momentum Over Ear

Headphone specific DACs & Amps:
Abbingdon Music Research (AMR) DP-777 tube output DAC
B.M.C. Audio PureDAC DAC/balanced headphone amp
Bakoon Products HPA-21, HPA-01 battery powered current drive headamps
iFi Audio complete lineup including Nano iDSD & iCAN, as well as the Micro iDSD that everyone is raving about, iUSBPower, iDAC, iCAN, etc.
Fostex HP-A4, HP-A8C, HP-V1 tube portable amp
PS Audio DirectStream DSD DAC can feed any of the amps.
Red Wine Audio Signature 16 with single ended headphone amp built in
Sennheiser HDVD 800 DAC/balanced headphone amp

Cables: 
WyWires RED Series headphone cables and adapters as well as other cabling
Custom made headphone cables using high end cable manufacturers wire cut and built into custom headphone cables for my own listening pleasure
Tellurium Q interconnect cabling and power cords

If anyone is interested in stopping by to socialize and meet the group, please just PM me here or shoot me an email so I can give you directions and get an accurate headcount to make sure there are enough snacks.  You're welcome to come listen to anything that is here.  This is *NOT* a sales event at all.  It's a social gathering where I get to share the gear I have here and chat about stereos.  You are welcome to bring anything at all you'd like to share with the group so we can hear something new from you.  But bringing your own gear is not mandatory.  I will post up a specific thread for the post Thanksgiving meeting that will be headphone specific focused...

Just trying to spread the word and open up the opportunity for folks to hear some gear they may not be familiar with and haven't had the opportunity to hear without going to a regional audio show.  If I've stepped on anyone's toes or offended, my apologies in advance and please let me know so i can remove this post.  Thanks!

Nov 17, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #28 of 35
Awesome!  I can't make it, but I think it's great that you're sharing the opportunity.

Nov 17, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #29 of 35
Thanks.  Sorry you can't make it... maybe for the headphone specific one.... this one will primarily be about listening to the speakers (and REL Gibraltar subs should finally get here after being on backorder for a while... hopefully enough time to do a little break-in and dial them into the setup).

For the headphone focused meet, I should have a few more treats on the electronics side here by then.  The new SH from Unison Research is entering production and I'm hoping to get the first few units that roll off the line in a few weeks... DAC and el84 based headphone amp in a nice compact chassis... should be very nice....  and I'm listening to a few new options right now.  Not quite ready to discuss publicly until I make sure I want to carry the stuff... but it could mean more cool electronics to listen to....

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #30 of 35
Gonna try to clear this with the wife and kids now.  My mother is flying in to visit (she only comes every couple of years) but hopefully she will understand how important this is to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back