Raleigh/Durham Triangle meet, September 2014
May 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

ardgedee

Headphoneus Supremus
The Charlotte crew have been doing more than their share of Head-Fi meets, and now it's our turn to reciprocate. The Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill triangle has a generous share of Head-Fi members and some prominent players in the audio industry, so let's see if we can get something together.

This is a planning thread for a meet in the RDU area for some time in early fall. Here's what we've narrowed down so far:

September is good. People are back from vacations. October is risky because that's when the major specialty audio shows happen (RMAF in Denver, Fujiya in Tokyo, etc.). September 13 looks particularly good because neither UNC nor NC State have home football games.

A location has to be secured. We're currently eyeing one of the many business hotels around Research Triangle Park, which would help centrally locate the event in our fair megalopolis, and make it easy to access via I-40.

Fellow planners for this so far include @Howlin Fester, @LNCPapa, and @vc1187.

May 9, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 35
I'm down for any september but the 27th myself.  Closer to the date someone should hit up Audio Advice.  They're a Mcintosh dealer so maybe we could get one of these to be demo'd: 

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=newproducts&ProductId=MHA100

May 9, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 35
Wow. A meet I might actually get to...

May 9, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 35
September should work for me. I'd be there barring a wedding or funeral.

May 13, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #6 of 35
20th is actually my birthday plus June is the start of a new year at work so I can totally call out ;3 I'll b freaking there for sure. Any one is South Carolina I'd LOVE to car pool, as my car sucks open for rooming for a day with some of u as well 

May 19, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 35
I will certainly plan on being there. Thanks for posting this!

Jun 11, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #9 of 35
I voted for the 13th because that seems to be the most popular, however any date is good for me.

Art, when you have a venue picked out let me know, I have $121.00 left over from the Charlotte meet I'll send you for
a deposit.

Jun 14, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #10 of 35
Hi guys,

I live in Charlotte and only in the last month got into head-fi, purchasing the HE-6 and EF-6 and can't believe how good they are!  How can I connect with the Charlotte group? I'm also interested in the Raleigh meet in September.

Thanks, George.

Jun 23, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #11 of 35
Coming from CLT.  If there are more people from CLT maybe just do it there again?

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #12 of 35
Coming from CLT.  If there are more people from CLT maybe just do it there again?

I think the idea here is to have a meet in the Raleigh area to attract head-fiers in that area who don't travel to Charlotte because of time & expense.

I hope this happens.

Jul 2, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #13 of 35
I think the idea here is to have a meet in the Raleigh area to attract head-fiers in that area who don't travel to Charlotte because of time & expense.

I hope this happens.

Ditto!

Jul 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #14 of 35
OK.  Make it happen!

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #15 of 35
and i'll second the motion to petition ivan at the raleigh Audio Advice to allow us to hear the headphone section of a McIntosh amp.

i almost made it to charlotte, (and i wanted to, because i knew it would probably be many moons before a meet near raleigh would happen),  but work got in the way.  (and clt being 3+ hours from raleigh, one-way), it was just far enough away to make it a no-go.

how 'bout somebody asking drew at MOON AUDIO (in morrisville),  to see if they could make some equip. available for demo at a raleigh / RTP meet. 

glad somebody's thinking about a raleigh meet in sept.

let's make it happen!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back