Raleigh / Durham / Cary, NC Meet: Saturday and/or Sunday, March 21st - 22nd, 2015
Feb 25, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #31 of 120
FYI for everyone,

I'm working on things behind the scenes to do everything I can to get everything I promised here in time... its looking very good right now.... we'll see what pops up in the next couple weeks as something always happens at the last minute it seems......  I'm also trying to get a few other options here... someone asked about hifiman 1000.  I can't make that happen... maybe drew at moon audio has a better hookup on that one?

Please do spread the word to any other forums you frequent about the meet and point them here or just get them to email or phone me with their interest.  Friends you are trying to get interested in the hobby, buddies who like this kind of stuff... kids/teens...  everyone is welcome!  it doesn't just have to be a geek fest salivating over the gear.... I enjoy introducing new folks to the hobby and seeing their eyes light up and jaws drop when they get to experience their music in a new way they didn't think was possible...

So please pass the word!.... the location is fire rated for 50 people at any one time... so unless everyone decides to show up at the same time and stay for the entire event, we should be able to accommodate a large number over the course of all day Saturday and Sunday's shorter session...

If anyone has additional ideas on how to reach those folks that don't check this get together forum frequently, please share and/or try them out yourselves :)

I am going to send a note to customers of mine in the area... but I know there are a lot more folks that are into this hobby that I've not met.... so if there are other ways to get the word out to them, let's explore it.  I'm sure some of them would appreciate the opportunity to hear some of this awesome gear that you all are bringing to share with us....

I only ask they RSVP or let me know they are coming so we can keep an eye on the total number and make sure we have enough munchies.... everyone hates when the munchies run out too soon :)

Thanks!

Feb 28, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #32 of 120
I'm down to tag along as well.  I think the one day (on Saturday) is the traditional arrangement but I'm down for either way.  I plan on bringing the following:

Resonessence Labs Concero HP DAC/Amp combo
iFi Audio Gemini USB cable and iPurifier USB Filter
AKG K712

I also recently broke down a bought a new 15" Retina MacBook Pro so I'll be using that as my source.  I previously used a bulky gaming desktop I built as my main home source, but I'm selling it since I hardly ever game on it anymore and hate sitting at the desk all the time.

I'll also bring my Eddie Current Super 7 to see if Sol would be willing to take a look at it.  For the people from last meet who remember it, I still haven't gotten around to fixing it, which is why I left it off the list of stuff.  Don't want to get anyone too excited, haha.

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #33 of 120
Too bad on the HE-1000, it's still in the early stages so I wasn't holding my breath. I was just very interested based on all the buzz/hype surrounding it right now from those lucky enough to try it.
Also, I'd like to add a +1 on my end, as my wife said she'd like to come with.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:12 PM Post #34 of 120
I hate to say this, but i'm flying out of rdu on friday and not saturday, thus i'll miss it.  Hope y'all have a great time.

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM Post #37 of 120
Any word on wifi?

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #38 of 120
When I talked to Sol last week, he said that as of a few months back when he was last in there, there was AT&T U-Verse high speed internet connection, wireless, and the U-Verse modem has ethernet connections on the back to feed secondary switches...

he was supposed to double check with the HOA and/or get in the clubhouse himself again and confirm it was still there and fully operational...  let me poke him again and find out what he learned...

right now 95% we will have full internet capability including wireless internet access...  I plan to bring a couple gigabit switches in case we need some extra ports for folks.... I'll have to go digging in my storage tubs full of cables to see what all I have for extra network cables in case others need them...

a good point to bring up is that anyone attending should bring their own sources if possible...  I'm not sure I want to try to attempt to hook up another 10 different computers like last time.... that was a bit of a cluster....  I will bring a couple laptops and a desktop...  although I'm not sure that will be enough sources for everyone to use all at once... so if you want to listen to your own music, etc.  and you have the means, please bring along your macbook or your DAP or your phone loaded up with music and apps loaded to allow playback over USB DACs....

Mar 7, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #39 of 120
Thanks.  Please keep me updated whether he's able to connect or not...I'd hate to drag it all up there for nothing.  
smile.gif

Mar 7, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #40 of 120
  When I talked to Sol last week, he said that as of a few months back when he was last in there, there was AT&T U-Verse high speed internet connection, wireless, and the U-Verse modem has ethernet connections on the back to feed secondary switches...

he was supposed to double check with the HOA and/or get in the clubhouse himself again and confirm it was still there and fully operational...  let me poke him again and find out what he learned...

right now 95% we will have full internet capability including wireless internet access...  I plan to bring a couple gigabit switches in case we need some extra ports for folks.... I'll have to go digging in my storage tubs full of cables to see what all I have for extra network cables in case others need them...

a good point to bring up is that anyone attending should bring their own sources if possible...  I'm not sure I want to try to attempt to hook up another 10 different computers like last time.... that was a bit of a cluster....  I will bring a couple laptops and a desktop...  although I'm not sure that will be enough sources for everyone to use all at once... so if you want to listen to your own music, etc.  and you have the means, please bring along your macbook or your DAP or your phone loaded up with music and apps loaded to allow playback over USB DACs....

I can bring my own power strip if anything.  Hopefully, nothing will overload any outlets though with the amount of equipment being brought by everyone attending.    

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #41 of 120
Just a word of advice to the OP from when I helped organize the last Charlotte Meet.  It helps to compile the attendees and their listed equipment into the first post so that other newcomers viewing the thread can easily determine what is likely to be at the meet.  Mostly because of today's quick information consumption culture.  If they don't see anything on the first page, they may not bother to read further.  This also has the effect of drawing more attendees because people will often use that list to determine if there is anything they're interested in hearing, and if so, join in and add more gear to the list.  It can be tedious to maintain but really helps draw attendees and the more the merrier.

Mar 10, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #43 of 120
I might be able to go if it is not too late. I love going to these yearly meets. I don't exactly know if it will be possible though.
If I am able to attend here is my gear:

Headphones:
V-moda m100 (xl pads & coil pro cable)
Akg K612 pro

Source: 
my old hp laptop (spotify)

Amp/Dac:
Magni,modi (w/ cables needed)

Mar 11, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #44 of 120
It's not too late at all.  We are still a week and a half out from the event dates.  The more the merrier to attend!  Based on past events attendance percentage versus number of RSVPs, we still have plenty of room for folks to fit in Sol's neighborhood clubhouse and not exceed the fire rating for allowed number of people (50)...

We're good.  By all means, whomever wants to attend, please do!  I'm working on updating the first post with a list of equipment that will be in attendance now.

Audeze EL-8 stock shipped yesterday!  It's coming 2 day so I get demo units here in plenty of time to run them hard 24/7 from Thursday until next Saturday.  That should be enough break-in time to get them close to where a broken in set will be...

It's looking like ENIGMAcoustics Dharma and Athena A1 won't make it in time...I just got the bad news.... it was going to be close to get them here right before the meet.... now it is looking like things slipped just enough days on their production schedule to make them not get here until right after the meet dates.... I'm totally bummed :frowning2:  I've been loving their Mythology M1 speakers... their self-polarizing electrostatic super tweeter technology is ridiculously awesome...  it would have been so awesome to have their stuff here to show off....  I guess we just have to have another meet to show off their new stuff at that time :)

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #45 of 120
I'm going to have to get off my can and send my RSA Intruder back to Ray to get the upgrade.  So I can get it there, get it back, and get it burned in.  I will target doing that after the Weather event we are about to get.

I just got my RSA Intruder upgrade back from Ray yesterday.  It has been burning in since 11:00 am today.  I'll be over 100 hours on St. Patties day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back