Raleigh / Durham / Cary, NC Meet: Saturday and/or Sunday, March 21st - 22nd, 2015
Feb 18, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #16 of 120

ooooooooh....  cookies like last time?  Awesome, Rich!!  Those things disappeared too fast last time for me to hide some extras for myself :)  It will be great to see you again, Rich.  Carl settled on his new setup tonight when he raided the new toys that arrived here yesterday...  so i'm not sure if he's coming now or not.... something about not being tempted by even listening to anything else or something like that.....

My daughter is the choc-chip master. I'll ask her to bake an extra batch.

Carl will be ready for upgrades by then. :wink:

I'm looking forward to hearing the new cheapo Audeze models  
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 120
  I would be thrilled if someone could bring a pair of non-Fazor LCD-3 to this meet.  hint hint

+1, I have the non-Fazor LCD-2.2 and would love to compare. I could also bring my balanced Norne Audio Draug cable for Audeze if anyone is interested in trying.

Feb 19, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #21 of 120
I think my schedule is open, one or both days. I'll look over all my calendars, to be sure.

If I can get over the 'lazies', then I will bring some cookies, as well :)!

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #22 of 120
  I think my schedule is open, one or both days. I'll look over all my calendars, to be sure.

If I can get over the 'lazies', then I will bring some cookies, as well :)!

I may have a conflict on the 21st, but can do the 22nd.

After looking at the Sat schedule, I can probably make it later in the afternoon.

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #23 of 120
OK....  based on PMs, emails and phone calls so far and comments in this thread, the most popular day is Saturday.  Since there are some conflicts and others want to do Sunday as well, I think it makes sense to leave it as a 2 day event.  But I'm proposing we have it be one long day and one shorter day....  So please respond in this thread and give your thoughts on the following proposal:

1) Saturday, official start time 11AM or even Noon.  We can open things up at 9AM for folks that want time to setup their gear and get everything dialed in before the show officially starts.  I'll be using that time starting at 9AM to load in everything and help Sol setup the tables and chairs for the event.  I propose we run to 10PM on Saturday as the official cutoff time.... which I believe is the official cutoff time for events to be held at the clubhouse anyways (I have a question into Sol right now regarding this and to get him to come on here and announce official address for the clubhouse so folks know exactly where to go. I know his address for his house in the community and I know the address of the community they put on their website, but I'm not sure that is the physical address of the clubhouse where we are hosting the event.  The actual neighborhood development covers a pretty sizable area on a map.  So we don't want folks just randomly driving around looking for the clubhouse! :) hahaha).  People not bringing gear they need extra time to setup and configure can come anytime at all during the 11/12 until 10PM timeframe that things are officially open meet times... if it dies out sooner, we will use the remaining time to break things down and load out until the next day.  I don't believe there is any storage area that can be locked where I personally would feel comfortable leaving my stuff overnight.  So I intend to load back out the equipment I am bringing and bring it back again on Sunday.  I think we'll leave the table setups as is and re-use them next day exactly as they were setup for Saturday.

2) Sunday, official start time 1PM.  That gives folks time to go to services in the morning if so inclined (and time for other heathens to sleep in after a long day on Saturday!).  Doors open at noon to allow folks to load back in the equipment and get it hooked back up and ready to receive folks.  I propose we run until 5PM, 6PM at the latest on Sunday.  After cutoff time, we use the remaining time that evening to clean up the place, put all the tables and chairs away and put the place back where it needs to go so Sol can get his damage deposit back he had to put down to reserve the space.  This makes for a slightly earlier night for folks in advance of Monday return to work.

What do people think?  Please do comment on here if you like the idea, have better suggestions, or object to the proposal.  Thanks!

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #24 of 120
I think it makes sense to leave it as a 2 day event.  But I'm proposing we have it be one long day and one shorter day....

I think that sounds like a dandy plan.

Feb 20, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #25 of 120
sounding better and better-- will bring a Beyerdynamic d880 if not sold and a Audio Tech m40 f/s and a receiver...plus some munchies:   just email address and directions  I prefer one day and that's Saturday...thanks

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #27 of 120
I should be able to make it Saturday for sure.  I just need to decide whether I bring my setups or leave them and just come to listen and gawk.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #28 of 120
  I should be able to make it Saturday for sure.  I just need to decide whether I bring my setups or leave them and just come to listen and gawk.  
smily_headphones1.gif

I certainly wouldn't mind hearing that Auralic stack again :p

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:58 PM Post #29 of 120
Maybe Shane can tell me if the clubhouse has an internet connection I can use.  Any idea?  

Feb 25, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #30 of 120
Jason,

I'm not sure on the internet connection... I'll ask Sol....  he gave me the exact address for his neighborhood clubhouse, btw... I am sending that now via PM to those that requested it and others that commented on here....  I asked if he wanted to come on here and share it himself or if he was ok with me posting it in the open in a reply to him... I haven't heard back yet... so going to stay private until I get direction from him....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back