Raleigh / Durham / Cary, NC Meet: Saturday and/or Sunday, March 21st - 22nd, 2015
Mar 21, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #106 of 120
I'm making my way down there right now coming from VA Beach. It'll be a three hour drive but it'll be worth it. See you all there. :)

Mar 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM Post #107 of 120
I'm making my way down there right now coming from VA Beach. It'll be a three hour drive but it'll be worth it. See you all there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Awesome, have a safe trip!

Mar 21, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #109 of 120
I just saw this thread. I might be able to attend the meet today or tomorrow for several hours. I am interested in the all the headphones (especially Audeze) and compatible amps. I have been thinking of upgrading lately. Can you add me to the maybe list?

Mar 21, 2015 at 4:59 PM Post #110 of 120
  I just saw this thread. I might be able to attend the meet today or tomorrow for several hours. I am interested in the all the headphones (especially Audeze) and compatible amps. I have been thinking of upgrading lately. Can you add me to the maybe list?

Come on down...we're all here!  

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #111 of 120
Just got home...thanks Shane & Sol for making this happen.  Look forward to the next!  

Mar 22, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #112 of 120
ok.... I'm officially beat and beyond done for the day! :)

That was sooooo much fun.... thank you to Sol for hosting... thanks to Jason for running out to grab me food *twice*.  I owe you, buddy... seriously! :)  Thanks to everyone that brought all the cool gear... I really wish I could have spent more time listening to more of it!  It got a little crazy there for a while and I brought too much stuff to have it setup in time to mingle more.... 

Just a heads up notice to everyone..... based on lack of interest in Sunday's time frame, Sunday meet is officially CANCELLED!  

I will update the first post... but just wanted to alert folks that we aren't going to have the second day of coverage... sorry to anyone that was planning to RSVP at the last minute... we talked it through a few times with various folks there and it just didnt' seem like anyone wanted to come back for a second day.  

Again, thanks again everyone for coming... it was awesome!  I had such a blast meeting lots of new faces.  I can't wait for the next one!

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #113 of 120
very glad i was able to make this meet today.  everybody was so cool and it was a learning experience for me comparing the sound of the different rigs.

even though our group was fairly modest in size, i still missed the chance to listen to a couple of set-ups.  (didn't check out any vinyl, which i was meaning to do, and never did hear the "x-citer" from cary audio, and i could've really "dug in" there at shane's set-up and spent a little more time there, but i didn't want to "camp out" for too long at any one place because i knew other folks might be waiting for some time there).

but what i did listen to, i really enjoyed.

big thanks to shane and sol who launched / hosted the meet, and a big thanks to everyone for bringing their nice gear in and sharing it with everybody for awhile.

enjoyed meeting everybody there today.  very, very cool.

we need to do another one of these before too long!!  (maybe then i'll take fewer cigarette breaks and have more time to actually listen.  which is what i should have done today. 
frown.gif
).

DISCLAIMER:  MY AUDITIONING TIME WAS OFFICIALLY APPROVED BY P.E.T.A.

NO ANIMALS WERE HARMED IN ANY WAY IN ORDER TO MAKE MY AUDITIONING TIME POSSIBLE TODAY.

seriously...thanks, everybody!

terry 

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #115 of 120
I wish I could be there. I envy you guys.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #118 of 120
glad your new phones and the ican micro arrived safely.  and you didn't have to worry about any rain, which was good.

just remember to bring those 650's to the next meet.  i've never heard either the 600's or the 650's.  came close yeaterday.  mark had a pair of 600's (that he had already had packed up and ready to go) that he was nice enough to un-pack for me, but by that time people were getting hungry for a square meal, i guess and people were starting to thin out. so, i just missed the chance.

as far as thanking GOD for shipping tape, i think shipping tape is mentioned in Ecclesiastes.  chapter 4, i think.  
blink.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #119 of 120
  I will update the first post... but just wanted to alert folks that we aren't going to have the second day of coverage... sorry to anyone that was planning to RSVP at the last minute... we talked it through a few times with various folks there and it just didnt' seem like anyone wanted to come back for a second day.  

'wanted to come back' is a rather strong word. I would have said 'could come back'... :)

Let's keep the followup chatter in the impressions thread, now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back