Rainbow Foil, Initial impressions
May 18, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #421 of 466
The question is if the difference was for the better. I seem to remember an older post of yours, where, in a blind test between a standard and "foiled" CD, you actually chose the original over the foiled version as sounding better. I think somebody postulized that the foil was putting the CD off-balance and adding to jitter or something to that effect.

May 18, 2004 at 9:34 PM Post #422 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
This thread is still alive and kickin? JEEZ.
eek.gif

The next post needs to be something SO awful that the thread gets closed. I think having a thread like this closed @ 420 posts would be apt for such a silly topic.

wink.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

I can't wait to witness your "sensible" thread that can beat 420 posts
biggrin.gif

This is a class thread which stimulates and educates in more ways than one and I think it "apt" that you shouldn't post silly comments as they only detract from the serious (and fun) nature of this debate :)

All the best.

Pinkie.

May 18, 2004 at 9:47 PM Post #423 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Yes Nigel,

I wouldn't have said I heard a difference if there was no difference.

Quote:

The question is if the difference was for the better. I seem to remember an older post of yours, where, in a blind test between a standard and "foiled" CD, you actually chose the original over the foiled version as sounding better. I think somebody postulized that the foil was putting the CD off-balance and adding to jitter or something to that effect.

If it's so serious, why haven't you yet responded to my serious comment above?

HA! I win.

tongue.gif

May 18, 2004 at 9:51 PM Post #424 of 466
Quote:

You refer to "school" quite a lot as if it's the be all and end all and what you were taught in school is written in stone. School gives you the basics but doesn't allow you to think, there are set questions and set answers.

You develop your own opinions and ideas after leaving school so don't keep referring to all the set pieces you were taught at school...... take it a step further and start thinking for yourself.

Pinkie, you're showing exactly how little "school" you have experienced, I'm now thinking, so don't take this too personally.

"School" doesn't refer to just those classes that have "set questions and set answers", like calculus and history. "School" refers to education, which is, ideally, when you're also taught HOW to think, not just WHAT to think. Your thoughts in this thread show very clearly that you are lacking in the former, but I don't mean this as an insult to you- I think you're likely intelligent enough to grasp whatever is thrown at you. However, you've shown a marked inability to distinguish between what's plausible or possible and what's complete ********, and for that, I'm a bit sorry for you.

You're correct that you will indeed continue to develop opinions and ideas after you complete your formal education- the question is whether those opinons and ideas are going to be based on informed, critical thought processes, or, as has been demonstrated in this thread, on pseudoscience mumbo jumbo like "Dr. Belt" bombards you with when you order magic tape from him. Start thinking for myself indeed...

Now, back to your alien abductions and magic tape...
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2004 at 9:58 PM Post #425 of 466
Quote:

For crying out loud man......... e-mail PWB ....... subject "free rainbow foil sample" and type your name and address in. Try it for yourself?

In one test the foil treated CD sounded better, in the other I felt the foil made the recording sound slightly veiled. In both scenarios the foil had an audible effect. I've since stuck a strip on the PCB of my amp, CD player and headphones and I've also (call me mad) attached a strip to my deep freezer and can honestly say that my music sounds more "organic" and easier to listen to as a result...... when I say "easier" to listen to I mean the "vibe" and the "groove" comes to you....... you don't have to try to connect.

Treating all of your CD's with Rainbow foil would prove expensive. I reckon treating your source, amplification, freezer and headphones with the free sample is a good starting point........ "FREE" I hear a noticeable improvement........ not a major "immediate" audible improvement but I'm interpreting the vibes in a new way and , consequently, getting into the music a lot deeper.

Pinkie.

And......... I'm being 100% serious. Once again......... try the free sample and give it a go, you've got nothing to lose.

May 18, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #426 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac
Pinkie, you're showing exactly how little "school" you have experienced, I'm now thinking, so don't take this too personally.

"School" doesn't refer to just those classes that have "set questions and set answers", like calculus and history. "School" refers to education, which is, ideally, when you're also taught HOW to think, not just WHAT to think. Your thoughts in this thread show very clearly that you are lacking in the former, but I don't mean this as an insult to you- I think you're likely intelligent enough to grasp whatever is thrown at you. However, you've shown a marked inability to distinguish between what's plausible or possible and what's complete ********, and for that, I'm a bit sorry for you.

You're correct that you will indeed continue to develop opinions and ideas after you complete your formal education- the question is whether those opinons and ideas are going to be based on informed, critical thought processes, or, as has been demonstrated in this thread, on pseudoscience mumbo jumbo like "Dr. Belt" bombards you with when you order magic tape from him. Start thinking for myself indeed...

smily_headphones1.gif

This thread has been highly entertaining and I'd like to thank PinkFloyd for that.
Rodbac, I respect your views that you don't believe in the rainbow foil and other things like that. Since I enjoy reading this thread and don't want it to be closed down: you can't just say to PinkFloyd "I'm sorry for you... but don't take that as an insult" - sorry but how is that supposed to work? Well, don't take this as an insult.
About the rainbow foil: I have ordered a sample myself and will definately try it out. However, I don't think people who don't believe in this will believe it no matter how many people post their impressions .... unless they try for themselves.

May 18, 2004 at 10:05 PM Post #427 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac

smily_headphones1.gif

Jude...... can you introduce a "yawn" smiley to the menu?

May 18, 2004 at 10:06 PM Post #428 of 466
Sduibek, you mentioned getting the thread closed through a purposely against the rules post. Well, the surest way to do that is to start posting personal attacks... Unfortunately, the insignificant little chunk of granite that passes for your gray matter obviously isn't capable of comprehending a matter of such enourmous complexity. Your repeated nonsensical postings in this thread have reflected so badly upon both your critical thinking skills and broccoli-eating ability that you've disgraced your family name for generations to come. I daresay that I wouldn't trust you to review a single brass-cone foot, much less trust your ability to think on these levels. So please, refrain from posting your idiotic, base, pointless, ill-thought, closeminded, cruel, greedy, self-serving, kleptomaniac, stupid, slow, short slothful, bimbo, sewersucking, belligerent, toadly, derelict, miserable, dirty, and ill-concieved notions in this thread.

Can someone report me to a moderator?
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #429 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Treating all of your CD's with Rainbow foil would prove expensive. I reckon treating your source, amplification, freezer and headphones with the free sample is a good starting point........ "FREE" I hear a noticeable improvement........ not a major "immediate" audible improvement but I'm interpreting the vibes in a new way and , consequently, getting into the music a lot deeper.

Hey Pinkie, would you be kind enough to post exactly where and how to apply the tape to the source, amp and freezer?

I'm not looking for tweaks to improve 'sound quality' anymore, i'm moving towards finding ways to enjoy the music more.

After shelling out many thousands on my stereo in the last few months, i've made the sad realization that while improved sound quality CAN improve enjoyment, it plays a much smaller factor than I once thought. There's something about grooving and connecting to the music that I find comes and goes with me...

May 19, 2004 at 1:47 PM Post #430 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
Hey Pinkie, would you be kind enough to post exactly where and how to apply the tape to the source, amp and freezer?

I'm not looking for tweaks to improve 'sound quality' anymore, i'm moving towards finding ways to enjoy the music more.

After shelling out many thousands on my stereo in the last few months, i've made the sad realization that while improved sound quality CAN improve enjoyment, it plays a much smaller factor than I once thought. There's something about grooving and connecting to the music that I find comes and goes with me...

Hi Tomek,

Your comments about grooving and connecting to the music are interesting as I experienced the same thing. One day I'dl be able to really get into the music and the next day I couldn't connect at all. Since the arrival of the Rainbow foil I've found my listening experience a lot more consistent and I am "enjoying" the music instead of analysing the "system".

The environment in which you listen to music "can" affect, not only, your ability to enjoy the music but also your ability to relax. Peter Belts devices and feng shui are pretty closely connected as they both set out to create "positive" environments free from detrimental negative fields. Millions of people agree that feng shui "works" so why can't a few head-fiers get their minds round Peter Belts ideas?

Any skeptics should think about activating their education sector (the Northeast) with a crystal globe or a Wen Chang pagoda. This will help them open their minds. If they cannot sleep with their heads pointed towards their Fu Wei, they should sit facing their Fu Wei when they study.

Anyways, back to your question: I've applied foil to the PCB of my amp, a small piece to the front of my CD player, a piece to freezers mains plug, a large strip to my headphones and a couple of strips to the sides of the deep freeze.

sennrainbow1.jpg

sennbelt.jpg

HD600's treated with rainbow foil and cream electret

The foil does not change the information on a CD, doesn't make the freezer freeze any better and does not make the headphones perform any better. What it does do, in my opinion, is to change the perception of the music and the foil acts on the "person" and not on the equipment.

I'm currently in the process of trying some cream electret in conjunction with the Rainbow foil. I applied some Cream electret to my Sennheiser HD600's (rubbed some into the cable and also on the headband) and my jaw dropped to the floor when I listened to the treated headphones! (seriously) I don't know what's in this stuff but it should be renamed "Magic cream" It's as if an energiser has been strapped onto the phones.... they sound a "lot" more vibrant with more energy, more impact and oodles of detail. I don't need to do a blind test.... the improvement in sound quality is "major"

I have seriously never heard a "tweak" bring about such an enormous improvement and I have to keep slapping myself to make sure I'm not asleep and dreaming...... for god's sake I rubbed some white cream on my headphones and it's transformed the sound! This is beyond the realms of science and I can only class Peter Belt as a magician or a wizard, this stuff is "amazing" and I'll be applying it to the entire system.

I'm off to cream electret my interconnects , CD player, amp and a few CD's and will report back later.

All the best.

Pinkie.

May 19, 2004 at 2:41 PM Post #431 of 466
This is a free tweak that Peter Belt has made available to the audio world and even the skeptics should give this one a try. The full explanation as to how this works is given below the following pictures and it's worth reading in full.

First of all arm yourself with a photo of a four legged animal (a photocopy or picture cut out of a magazine will do) Then cut a piece of white paper into a rectangular shape and pierce 5 holes in it as shown (make sure you can see daylight through the holes) Next up, go get an aspirin:
1.jpg

Now place the 5 hole paper over the four legged animal photo and then place the aspirin over the centre hole. (note: you can glue the 5 hole paper onto the photo and glue the aspirin on if you are going to try treating your windows.... read the full instructions below)
2.jpg

You can attach this tweak to windows, cables or any object with a narrow profile (read the full text below for details)
3.jpg

[size=x-large]Full details: [/size]

Sourced from: http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/product/...pwbdevice.html

The popular understanding of evolution is that all changes create only a significant and beneficial improvement to life. This is just not true. Nature is capable of creating a narrow evolutionary change which ignores any resulting and adverse changes to the pattern already established.

When Nature introduced the radical evolutionary change that necessitated human beings adopting a two legged upright stance, a new opportunity was created for radical development. Unfortunately, this leap into a new future was at the expense of losing part of the link to an essential past.

To understand the current situation, it is necessary to consider how the senses evolved. One of the first senses to evolve was the sense of hearing which evolved in the darkness at the bottom of the oceans. When life emerged from the environment at the bottom of the ocean and encountered light, the sense of sight began to evolve. Nature appears to always follow the path of least resistance and the sense of sight coupled itself to the already established pattern of sound energy recognition. A struggle for supremacy between the two senses has therefore been taking place for many years.

An added complication to the evolution of the senses with a direct effect on sight and an indirect effect on sound is the influence of all plant life on the energy pattern of light.

In order to increase the efficiency of the photosynthesis process, all plants and trees evolved a chemical process which encouraged the energy of light to enter the top surface of a leaf and to resist the entry of light on the underside of a leaf. This established an environmental energy pattern to which our sense of sight adjusted but which leaves our sense of hearing unable to adjust correctly.

We appreciate that a number of people will find the results of our research difficult to comprehend. We have therefore devised an extremely effective, free of charge experiment which we find totally convincing. All that is necessary is to take a small rectangle of plain white paper and, with a pin, pierce a hole in each of the four corners and one hole in the middle of the paper. These holes represent the four feet of a four legged life form and the centre hole represents the tail. The five holes have an additional function - in that they allow light to travel through the paper and to form an energy pattern that is compatible with the sense of hearing. This piece of paper with the five holes becomes even more effective when it is laid on top of a photographic illustration of a four legged life form. It should be noted that a photograph is a product of the modern environmental energy pattern of light and that any photograph can be beneficially manipulated with the paper pierced with the five holes.

When light energy is in contact with any and all objects, a situation is created that is always detrimental to our sense of hearing and some objects and materials create a chronic problem for our sense of hearing. The five hole pierced paper, combined with the photographic illustration of a four legged life form, readily exposes the adverse environmental energy patterns that adversely affect us. It should be noted that the brain deals with this problem by attenuating the sensitivity of the sense of hearing.

Because of the overwhelming influence, established by the plant life, on our senses, all objects are influenced by light to form an energy pattern which mimics the pattern created on a green leaf. Any narrow object such as a length of wire, a screwdriver, a writing pen, etc. will form an energy pattern from the central point, along it's length, to the two extreme ends. A larger flat object creates an energy pattern from it's central point to the four corners. All these energy patterns prevent the sense of hearing from creating stationary energy patterns on the objects within our environment. Without the ability to detect and then compare definite stationary energy against moving energy, the ability to perceive transient energy patterns is destroyed.

If the paper with the five holes is attached to the centre of an object with a narrow profile - such as a length of wire or a length of string - and a passage of music is listened to, and then the paper is removed and the same music is listened to again, a difference in the sound is readily perceived. The most significant problem created by all interconnecting wires is the problem exposed by this experiment. The problem exists on all types of interconnects, irrespective of their design or of their construction in any material.

The adverse effect of the closed spine of a book or the spine of a vinyl record cover, or the spine of a compact disc case should be evaluated by having the pierced piece of paper attached to the centre of the spine. The beneficial effect on your sense of hearing is readily perceived.

A material which has a special adverse effect on our sense of hearing is wood. Part of the process of enhancing the photosynthesis of plants has been incorporated into the trunk and branches of trees. This pattern is retained in all the wood that we use to construct objects within our close environment. If the five hole paper device is placed in the centre of any wood panel, particularly the panel of a loudspeaker cabinet, the process of listening to some music and then removing the device readily demonstrates the detrimental effect of using wood for this purpose. Aspirin is a medicine that is used throughout the world and many people may not be aware that it's origins were discovered in the bark of the willow tree. Evolutionary forces had encouraged the willow tree to absorb a specific chemical to enhance the ability of the tree to connect to the established energy patterns that belong to the previous era of our sense of hearing. Many of our instinctive behavioural patterns also belong to this era in evolutionary time.

If an aspirin tablet is placed over the central hole of the five hole white paper device, the association of the evolution of the tree and all other life forms can readily be heard manipulating our sense of hearing. The aspirin can be placed on the centre hole of the five hole paper device, which is then placed on top of the photographic illustration of the four legged life form for the greatest beneficial effect.

Another material which has an increased adverse effect upon our sense of hearing is any transparent material. This is particularly true of glass windows. If the five holed piece of paper is placed on any and all glass windows, the beneficial effect on the sound will be readily heard.

May 19, 2004 at 3:39 PM Post #434 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
LOL! Pinkie, I gotta try that one..
biggrin.gif

What's with the laughing
confused.gif
It's a free PWB tweak and well worth trying out. I know it may "seem" a tad unconventional but give it a go, you may be very surprised at what you hear.

Pinkie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back