Rainbow Foil, Initial impressions
May 19, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #451 of 466
Quote:

Sduibek, you mentioned getting the thread closed through a purposely against the rules post. Well, the surest way to do that is to start posting personal attacks... Unfortunately, the insignificant little chunk of granite that passes for your gray matter obviously isn't capable of comprehending a matter of such enourmous complexity. Your repeated nonsensical postings in this thread have reflected so badly upon both your critical thinking skills and broccoli-eating ability that you've disgraced your family name for generations to come. I daresay that I wouldn't trust you to review a single brass-cone foot, much less trust your ability to think on these levels. So please, refrain from posting your idiotic, base, pointless, ill-thought, closeminded, cruel, greedy, self-serving, kleptomaniac, stupid, slow, short slothful, bimbo, sewersucking, belligerent, toadly, derelict, miserable, dirty, and ill-concieved notions in this thread.

Can someone report me to a moderator?

rolleyes.gif

You don't think it's a bit absurb that this thread has gone beyond a post count of 400 just talking about some foil, a system tweak that may or may not be anything but placebo? It's like having a 450-post arguement over interconnects. After the first 100 posts or so, I really doubt you're getting anywhere.

When I frst started reading this thread, I thought the anger, seriousness, zealotism, etc. was all light-hearted and in good fun.

But seeing really close-minded and annoying posts (not refering to any one user in particular) for, what is it now, 20 pages? Gets really really really old.

rolleyes.gif

Let's hope you were joking
tongue.gif

PS: No wonder Pinkie has 1900 posts. (just kidding
tongue.gif
)
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

May 19, 2004 at 8:24 PM Post #452 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Reeves
Hi,

I've been reading this post and I am sure I will be flamed for my response but what the hell. First of all I have not tried the "magic" foil and don't intend to, since I consider it an insult to my inteligence that sticking foil on something unrelated to the sound system improves the sound.

It depends on where you class the boundaries of your "sound system" to be?

Moving a chair in your listening room will make no difference to the sound quality?

Hanging a rug on the wall won't dampen a bright sound?

Placing furniture at funky angles won't help to disperse standing waves?

Your mere presence in the room doesn't affect the sound waves?

Anechoic chambers are snake oil?

What do you mean by "unrelated to the sound system "? the listening room is part of the sound system and even removing a couple of books from a bookshelf can alter the sound (talking about a loudspeaker system rather than a headphone set up here) how can you be so sure that sticking foil on your armchair won't make a difference?

A bass note is the length of a football pitch, most listening rooms are the length of a ping pong table, to avoid standing waves the room has to be able to disperse the bass note and this is achieved by careful placement of furniture / fixings to avoid boom (the bass note meeting itself on the return path causing a standing wave) there are a lot of people who don't realise that the listening room makes up 80% of the "sound quality" we all read about but very rarely achieve.

I'm sorry if your "intelligence" has been insulted at the mere thought of trying a free sample of rainbow foil John but I am even more worried that you may not realise that "unrelated" furniture plays a very important part in your listening experience.......Optimising your system with cables and power conditioners is only the beginning..... you also have to optimise your listening room and yourself.

Pinkie.

May 19, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #453 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
rolleyes.gif

You don't think it's a bit absurb that this thread has gone beyond a post count of 400 just talking about some foil, a system tweak that may or may not be anything but placebo? It's like having a 450-post arguement over interconnects. After the first 100 posts or so, I really doubt you're getting anywhere.

When I frst started reading this thread, I thought the anger, seriousness, zealotism, etc. was all light-hearted and in good fun.

But seeing really close-minded and annoying posts (not refering to any one user in particular) for, what is it now, 50 pages? Gets really really really old.

rolleyes.gif

Let's hope you were joking
tongue.gif

PS: No wonder Pinkie has 1900 posts. (just kidding
tongue.gif
)
wink.gif
evil_smiley.gif

So there's a limit to a post now is there? interesting or not you believe that after 100 posts you're "getting nowhere" I tend to disagree with that Sduibek.

This post is "just" starting to get interesting and, if your 100 post cut off point had been implemented, we wouldn't have got this far into the debate. So what if it's 50 pages long? 100 pages long? 2 million pages long? it shows that people are interested in the debate..... what is this fascination with nipping everything in the bud before it's allowed to blossom?

If you don't like the thread or have nothing to contribute other than "close it down" then don't look at it? are you being forced to look at it?? If it's tiring to you then don't click on "rainbow foil initial impressions" seems logical to me.

The subject matter of this thread cannot be "done and dusted" in a few days due to the nature of it. There are many head-fiers who are awaiting samples, others who are waiting for the mockers and ridiculers to get fed up with posting before posting their true informed findings and there is no "reason" to shut this down is there?

Pinkie.

May 19, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #454 of 466
Pinkie, the real question is when are you going to write your review for the 'reviews' subform of the tweaks forum?

I'd like to see it wedged between a Cardas cable and PS audio conditioner review.

hahahahaha

May 19, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #455 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomek
Pinkie, the real question is when are you going to write your review for the 'reviews' subform of the tweaks forum?

I'd like to see it wedged between a Cardas cable and PS audio conditioner review.

hahahahaha

I will not be writing a review at this juncture tomek as I'd rather investigate and experience the PWB philosophy further to get to grips with it and understand it better first.

Pinkie.

Jul 16, 2004 at 9:30 AM Post #457 of 466
Pink I (and many others I believe) missed lots of pages of this thread. Could you please try and summarize all the important points and conclusions (if there were any that is) in one paragraph?

Jul 17, 2004 at 4:53 PM Post #458 of 466
LOL. A request worthy of a Ph.D. dissertation. Read the whole thing, it's first-class entertainment.
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar
Pink I (and many others I believe) missed lots of pages of this thread. Could you please try and summarize all the important points and conclusions (if there were any that is) in one paragraph?

Jul 17, 2004 at 5:00 PM Post #459 of 466
Wait, I just discovered another great tweek! I swear by it.

Place an ash tray on the left corner of your home CD deck. Start smoking a Cuban cigar (please note, the cigar has to be Cuban). 8 minutes into smoking the cigar, put the ash into the ash tray. Then hit play on your CD player.

I tell you, it's a totally life changing experience. All my CDs sound so much better.

Jul 17, 2004 at 7:43 PM Post #460 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by marios_mar

Marios, as Steve999 suggests, it is well worth spending several hours reading the whole thing with an open mind in order to appreciate just what rainbow foil is all about. It's about conditioning your listening environment and, more importantly, conditioning yourself to repel the negative energy that affects your perception of the sound. Very much along the lines of Feng Shui but instead of using frogs, water and symbolic ornaments Peter Belt uses Rainbow foil, morphic message foil and quantum clips.

All the best.

Pinkie.

Sep 25, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #463 of 466
Quote:

PinkFloyd learned from a thread I had opened that I needed a good quality 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor... and next day he has sent me one as a present.

A big THANK YOU, PinkFloyd!

greenhorn

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ight=greenhorn

Why the cloaked referal to another thread Greenhorn? I can't understand your mindset..... if you don't like me or have a problem with me then just say it........ maybe it's just a French thing? Maybe you're pissed because I didn't charge you and sent the adapter to help you out as a friendly gesture at no cost to you?
confused.gif
PM me if you've got any complaints / jealousy issues.

Mike
wink.gif

Sep 25, 2004 at 11:46 PM Post #464 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
"THANK YOU!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PinkFloyd learned from a thread I had opened that I needed a good quality 1/8 - 1/4 adaptor... and next day he has sent me one as a present.

A big THANK YOU, PinkFloyd!

greenhorn

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ight=greenhorn

Why the cloaked referal to another thread Greenhorn? I can't understand your mindset..... if you don't like me then just say it........ maybe it's just a French thing? Maybe you're pissed because I didn't charge you and sent the adapter to help you out?
confused.gif

Well, if you really need it: I actually don't like you.

If you want back that adaptor, just say. I thanked you when you had sent it to me because it really was a nice gesture of yours.

It's only afterwards that I discovered some other sides of your character that made me dislike you.

BTW, I'm not French, so no use to throw mud to French people if you want to insult me.

Sep 26, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #465 of 466
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
Well, if you really need it: I actually don't like you.

I gathered that a while back, may I ask what offends you?

Quote:

If you want back that adaptor, just say. I thanked you when you had sent it to me because it really was a nice gesture of yours.

Don't be silly..... it's an adapter........ keep it and enjoy it
tongue.gif

Quote:

It's only afterwards that I discovered some other sides of your character that made me dislike you.

Thanks for coming out with it and putting my mind at ease greenhorn.... I appreciate your honesty, why didn't you just come out and say it originally instead of beating around the bushes posting links to all my "negative" threads? It would have saved a lot of hassle and uncertainty
biggrin.gif

I'm actually relieved that you have spoken the truth Greenhorn and have said what you think....... I respect you for coming out with it.

Quote:

BTW, I'm not French, so no use to throw mud to French people if you want to insult me.

I haven't any intention of offending you or French people.

Sorry you don't like my manner but I can't cater for all tastes Greenhorn.......... I've got no problems with you whatsoever and will continue to read your posts if I may?

Pinkie
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back