RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Jul 28, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #961 of 1,184
Yeah the pentas are pretty incredible, even compared with some other kilo buck sets I’ve had access to. They are so immersive and euphonic. It has that “transport you into the music” quality that few other iems have. Vocals are some of the best I’ve heard on any set. The overall smooth, detailed, warm tonality is so well executed here. It’s not muddy or congested, though obviously not as pure and clean as something like the Sony M9s. The M9s are incredible to me though too in their own right, striking a fantastic balance between monitor level detail and accuracy with fullness, musicality and bass punch. I actually was not expecting the pentas to even come close based on some of the reviews I was reading (glad some others are coming out that properly reflect the quality of these), but the timbre and musicality of the pentas is really kind of on another level. It also has just this indiscernible emotionality and enjoyability factor to it that is really making me want to re-listen to my entire library again. For me that’s a special quality in audio gear that’s hard to attain even for super high end stuff. Anyway, I might also write a full review on these to give it the props it deserves :)

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #962 of 1,184
Yeah the pentas are pretty incredible, even compared with some other kilo buck sets I’ve had access to. They are so immersive and euphonic. It has that “transport you into the music” quality that few other iems have. Vocals are some of the best I’ve heard on any set. The overall smooth, detailed, warm tonality is so well executed here. It’s not muddy or congested, though obviously not as pure and clean as something like the Sony M9s. The M9s are incredible to me though too in their own right, striking a fantastic balance between monitor level detail and accuracy with fullness, musicality and bass punch. I actually was not expecting the pentas to even come close based on some of the reviews I was reading (glad some others are coming out that properly reflect the quality of these), but the timbre and musicality of the pentas is really kind of on another level. It also has just this indiscernible emotionality and enjoyability factor to it that is really making me want to re-listen to my entire library again. For me that’s a special quality in audio gear that’s hard to attain even for super high end stuff. Anyway, I might also write a full review on these to give it the props it deserves :)

Hello !
I confirm and I feel exactly the same sensations .....
I make them sing with an A&K SA700 and as much to say that the term "emotion" takes all its meaning ...
They are intras "deep and immense pleasures" .. .
Let's continue to enjoy it ...

Aug 18, 2020 at 9:26 AM Post #965 of 1,184
It's a very nice IEM, great sound and great fit. Enjoy your Penta!
YES !!! Extraordinary !! they give pride of place to mediums, we immediately feel enveloped and caught up in the music,
the voices also have for them, a very beautiful depth
Still very long moments of listening pleasure with :L3000:

Aug 27, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #967 of 1,184
A quick update after a month of use. It turns out that the one "issue" I had with these have turned into the absolute best feature: the ported/vented design. My feeling was that it let in a bit of external noise. It does, and not only do I really appreciate that but the venting of pressure makes these physically disappear compared to other IEMs I've tried. Not having the slight pressure of inserting a closed driver in my ear canal is fantastic.

Aug 28, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #968 of 1,184
A thoroughly thought-out design all around.

Sep 12, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #970 of 1,184
[Deleted]

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #973 of 1,184
Even i like how penta sounds especially for vocals but i think the asking price is too much for the technicalities it has. Getting it with less price would be a great deal

Oct 16, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #974 of 1,184
Even i like how penta sounds especially for vocals but i think the asking price is too much for the technicalities it has. Getting it with less price would be a great deal
There is/was a 'for sale' thread here for a Penta with scuffs on the contour lines, might be worth for purely cosmetic defect.

It's still up - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/meze-rai-penta.931811/
I might bid later this year but I was planning on just getting one new direct from Meze

Oct 24, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #975 of 1,184
Out of curiosity, these look great for comfort for regular ears.
How are they for extremely tiny / smaller ears like mine?

Attachments

• CF475CB4-4BAB-480A-BD93-EDF0887F814A.jpeg
    CF475CB4-4BAB-480A-BD93-EDF0887F814A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • B3CD2193-7018-42A0-BC89-CAA0A439D936.jpeg
    B3CD2193-7018-42A0-BC89-CAA0A439D936.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back