RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Mar 26, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #17 of 1,184
Hi Meze,

I would have liked to be at Canjam, maybe one day...

When will the RAI Penta be available ?

Hope you have a great day !

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #18 of 1,184
So I heard the RAI Penta at CanJam Singapore, and I would like to thank Antonio for being so accommodating and very welcome about discussing the iems and his design philosophy. Thank you Mr Antonio!

My brief impressions, the RAI is a warm u-shaped tuned iem with superb presentation, a juicy bass impact that reached deep, smooth mids that have a slight lower to upper mid recession, but retains incredible lushness to the mids, and a treble range that isn't offensive or peaky. Resolution is on par with several TOTL iems, and it has a decent soundstage, although on the more intimate side.

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #20 of 1,184
Ive heard some goods news regarding the release and pricing. It is to be sometimes this month and price is most likely 1000 USD (or hopefully less).
Now if the sound is decent it should be selling like hot cakes.

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:53 AM Post #21 of 1,184
Ive heard some goods news regarding the release and pricing. It is to be sometimes this month and price is most likely 1000 USD (or hopefully less).
Now if the sound is decent it should be selling like hot cakes.
Good God I hope you're wrong
(...and by "I" of course I mean my wallet...)

Apr 5, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #25 of 1,184
Sound Matters first.

But since it's Meze, there should be no problem there.

Apr 5, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #29 of 1,184
And let’s face it there is no reason why BA IEM should be 4K, it doesn’t cost that much. The mark up is 400% on some cases. How I know, let’s just say I know a person or two.

Who do we blame? Us, who started it all? AK.

I'm actually all for uber performant Dynamic drivers, IE800 and RE2000 and even Xelento are all single Dynamic Driver IEMS.

As for BA, I think that the PRaT of BA can be very impressive.

Apr 5, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #30 of 1,184
Just an FYI guys, Meze let us know in another thread that the Rai Penta is just a TOTL offering right now in this new line, they have more products lined us for release this year in the more budget range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back