Rafe's Inner Fidelity
Aug 5, 2020 at 1:06 AM Post #256 of 323
Aug 5, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #257 of 323
Still appears to be available here: https://cdn.innerfidelity.com/

EDIT: it appears that only some, but not all, links within the site still work.

Thank you!

BTW I never suggested that somebody should scrape the site with wget or a similar app. I would never suggest such a thing.

Aug 5, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #258 of 323
Thank you, but no reason to thank me. It's not my site nor was I the one who posted it. Unless you weren't thanking me, in which case everything is ok :)
Thanks for advising that is was slow, not broken. I would not have tried again otherwise.

Aug 12, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #260 of 323
Though not surprising, it's still dismaying that InnerFidelity seems to be officially no more. And the way it disappeared, without so much as a "Hey, we're closing shop, thanks for the support over the years" message, really smarts. It shows that AVTech either didn't care about their remaining audience on IF, and/or there were so few people visiting anymore they figured it wouldn't matter.

It's nice that there are several ways of accessing the old material (linked in posts in the past few pages), but only those of us who remember what IF was under Tyll will now ever think to look. For all those who hadn't discovered him yet, Tyll's considerable contributions to the hobby have effectively been erased.

I wonder how Tyll feels about this. I know he wanted to make a clean break from reviewing headphones, and I know from his travel blog thread that he seems to be having the time of his life out there in Putt, but I imagine he expected his published legacy would endure in some manner after he retired. If it were me, I'd be more than a little upset to find out that virtually everything I'd ever written had been wiped out.

Aug 13, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #261 of 323
Link ( https://cdn.innerfidelity.com/ ) is still working for now; tried logging in to post one last message. Got the ol' "will post once cleared by admins" lol. RIP, IF.
You can get to the main page but if you click on a link for a headphone measurement, it takes you to Stereophile.com

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #263 of 323
Has anyone found any professional response from the site managers about this issue? I find the lack of communication to the general audience a clear sign as to how much Stereophile actually cares about its audience.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #264 of 323
You can get to the main page but if you click on a link for a headphone measurement, it takes you to Stereophile.com
If you go to the measurements page and hover over the link to the measurement collection pdf, you can copy the link, paste it into the URL bar, and edit it so that the “www” becomes “cdn”. Hit enter, and bam! Measurements. Did it last night; if it was a miracle, I can share, lol.

Aug 13, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #266 of 323
Nice! I had trouble getting that to work the other day but it's fine now. I probably just typed it wrong or something. We definitely need to scrape that and save it in case it goes offline.

I intend to shoot some emails to the new management/remaining Stereophile staff, as it pertains to 8+ years of my work. Will update if I hear anything back. But certainly anyone else, as a general reader, can/should email as well. That way they see there's more interest than one guy.

Aug 13, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #267 of 323
Aug 13, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #269 of 323
Curious what people's favorite way to save articles is. Never quite happy with the results of Save Page as or Print to PDF. Firefox's Screenshot > Save Full Page is pretty good aesthetically at least, but it's just a giant jpeg (guess I can always try to OCR to grab text quotes later on).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back