Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 8, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,036 of 6,675
Man, I'm sure glad that I've got a unit that plays music straight forward the way it's supposed to and just lets me enjoy it.

Also, complaining about that a device respond in a strange way when doing things with it that the manual (or maybe it's the app) clearly state you shouldn't is pretty ridiculous imo....

May 8, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #1,037 of 6,675
So I've tested the second unit. It is NOT design flaw - the second unit also has disbalance, but now it's right one slightly louder.
I guess that units were not properly calibrated for a balanced mode. So adding analog balance into settings would be beneficial for sure...
If I have correctly converted voltage to SPL - that is the result:
chart (4).png

The magic dip is at 10080 Hz.
If my calculations correct - SPL difference of L/R is 0.06dB. Which is probably NOT what I hear.

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #1,040 of 6,675
Version 1.2.0 (May 8, 2018) released

- Crossfeed DSP feature added
- Microphone loopback during a voice call added (self-hearing through ES100)
- Auto power off on USB charger connection (optional) added
- DFU support for macOS
- Minor improvement in the voice call microphone quality
- Minor improvement in Ambient Mode latency

*macOS DFU tool is the initial version and may have issue with some environment.
Please let us know if any issue with macOS DFU.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

May 8, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #1,041 of 6,675
The device behaves strangely in some instances.

When I turn off my bluetooth while playing music the device freezes up and won't respond to attempts to turn it on again.

When I disconnect my headphone from the 3.5 mm while playing music it also exhibits the same behavior.

I understand we're not supposed to do either of those things but I make mistakes sometimes and it's not fun to have my device become useless until I can get to a computer and revive it.

@madmissileer:

Thanks for the reporting and I'll check the issue.
Meanwhile, I suggest locking the output mode.
That will help ES100 be safe when plug/unplug 3.5mm jack.
Thanks,
WS

May 8, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #1,042 of 6,675

- DFU support for macOS

*macOS DFU tool is the initial version and may have issue with some environment.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

How is this feature set? I am not finding an option in the Android App: Auto power off on USB charger connection (optional) added. I have successfully upgraded to firmware version 1.2.0

Edit: This feature is set by clicking on the battery icon in the app.
Screenshot_20180508-212708.png

Last edited:
May 8, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #1,043 of 6,675

- DFU support for macOS

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Thanks for the regular firmware updates, Lee.

This is now my go to DAC/AMP because of the connectivity options, reliability, size and basically good and clean sound.

IMG_20180508_120948-01.jpeg

May 8, 2018 at 10:19 PM Post #1,044 of 6,675
@subtec:

ES100 doesn't support AptX-LL(Low Latency).
Instead, we're considering providing a buffer length option for trading-off the latency vs. the stability.

Shorter Buffer length (Aggressive, may not be safe in poor RF environment)
vs.
Longer Buffer length (Moderate, Safe streaming)

We're expecting the buffer length option would be useful for those who don't have AptX-LL encoder and have stable RF environment.
The latency can't be shorter than AptX-LL, but at least you may be able to shorten it than the current.

Thanks,
WS
I'd like to request this buffer adjustment feature for the app, if it's at all possible to add.

May 8, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #1,045 of 6,675
Man, I'm sure glad that I've got a unit that plays music straight forward the way it's supposed to and just lets me enjoy it.

Also, complaining about that a device respond in a strange way when doing things with it that the manual (or maybe it's the app) clearly state you shouldn't is pretty ridiculous imo....

Not planning to do it regularly but it would be nice to know that I can reset the device when I mess up. Took the device with me but turned bluetooth off by accident, and was stuck without music for the day as I had no way to reset the device until I got back home.

@madmissileer:

Thanks for the reporting and I'll check the issue.
Meanwhile, I suggest locking the output mode.
That will help ES100 be safe when plug/unplug 3.5mm jack.
Thanks,
WS

Thanks for the reply. I locked the output and the headphone jack problem has disappeared. Hope you can look into behavior when I turn off bluetooth during music playback and device is unresponsive. I was only able to use it again after entering update mode by connecting to the computer.

May 9, 2018 at 4:29 AM Post #1,048 of 6,675
Not planning to do it regularly but it would be nice to know that I can reset the device when I mess up. Took the device with me but turned bluetooth off by accident, and was stuck without music for the day as I had no way to reset the device until I got back home.

Thanks for the reply. I locked the output and the headphone jack problem has disappeared. Hope you can look into behavior when I turn off bluetooth during music playback and device is unresponsive. I was only able to use it again after entering update mode by connecting to the computer.

@madmissileer:
Currently, we're trying to figure out the solution.
Can you be a beta tester?
Please contact support@radsone.com, so that we can get to you with a beta F/W.
Thanks,
WS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back