Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 10, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #6,407 of 6,675
has anybody tried connecting es100 to another headphone amp (daisy chain). What's the ideal setting?
Yep, as far as I know you're supposed to set volume to 0.0 dB (not 100%/max/+6 dB) unless it sounds like it's saturating for some reason. Optionally you can set the output level estimator to the mode for use with an amp though you're probably leaving it at 0.0 dB anyway. You can use this mode with Bluetooh or USB input.

May 10, 2021 at 9:54 PM Post #6,408 of 6,675
Yep, as far as I know you're supposed to set volume to 0.0 dB (not 100%/max/+6 dB) unless it sounds like it's saturating for some reason. Optionally you can set the output level estimator to the mode for use with an amp though you're probably leaving it at 0.0 dB anyway. You can use this mode with Bluetooh or USB input.
I used to use my ES100 as a LDAC receiver (connected permanently to my Denon receiver) and that is how I used it as well. I left it and 0db and it worked fine.

May 11, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #6,410 of 6,675
May 27, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #6,413 of 6,675
I'm having a couple of problems with my ES100. I have selected the car power setting (Auto Power off when charger disconnected ) in the app, when I power off my car the ES100 does power off, but when I power on my car the device stays off until I press the power button. This does not happen when I use a wall-charger to power the device and it turns off and on as I expect. I also cannot get the ES100 to automatically connect to my phone on power-on. Has anyone experienced either of these problems and found the solution or at least the root cause?
Hi Bvbore
Have you solved the power stayed off problem? I have the same situation with my wall charger. I found that if I unplugged the cable, everything worked fine. If I turned the input power off instead, leaving the cable connected, my ES100 would very likely stay off.

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #6,414 of 6,675
I'm having a couple of problems with my ES100. I have selected the car power setting (Auto Power off when charger disconnected ) in the app, when I power off my car the ES100 does power off, but when I power on my car the device stays off until I press the power button. This does not happen when I use a wall-charger to power the device and it turns off and on as I expect. I also cannot get the ES100 to automatically connect to my phone on power-on. Has anyone experienced either of these problems and found the solution or at least the root cause?
I found the cause of my ES100 staying power off in my situation. its the remaining power in my charger. I switched to a charger with 2 slots to drain it with some other device, next time it will power on correctly.

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #6,415 of 6,675
My ES100 is getting on a bit now, its original v1 and battery only lasts a few hours, not to mention the very annoying constant alerts once it hits 10%. Anything worth looking at for a replacement? I love the size for when I am out and about, is the Fiio BTR5 a good replacement, happy to spend more if there is anything else out there?

Jul 19, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #6,416 of 6,675
My ES100 is getting on a bit now, its original v1 and battery only lasts a few hours, not to mention the very annoying constant alerts once it hits 10%. Anything worth looking at for a replacement? I love the size for when I am out and about, is the Fiio BTR5 a good replacement, happy to spend more if there is anything else out there?
I think qudelix has been really popular

Jul 19, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #6,418 of 6,675
My battery is degrading quite fast now days. In 3.5mm mode with 1x power i get 4-5h playback over aptx-hd. I have had it since the indie gogo campain and use it 2-4h daily so im not dissapointed in this, its normal battery degradation.

So im looking to replace my battery but im not certain what battery to pick, is there a fitting one with more mAh? Has anyone repleaced the battery? What battery did you get?

I found this in alibaba but im not sure about buying batteries from china; https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-lipo-battery-5-7-20_60707777567.html
This one seems to be for a quadra-copter and the text says 350mAh (same as es100 stock battery) but the image says 300mAh and im very unsure to hit the buttin with import fees to sweden etc...

Specs/marking from the original es100 battery:
SL572035 3,7v
350mAh 1.295Wh
Did you manage to find a replacement battery? I also can't find the SL572035 anywhere and would like to try to replace the battery in my ES100 (which suffers spontaneous death syndrome).

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #6,419 of 6,675
No i gave up on that project and got the Qudelix 5K instead :)

Jul 19, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #6,420 of 6,675
At this stage it seems fairly obvious that the anticipated improvements to the ES100 (e.g. PEQ) and fixes to the bugs left Radsone in the form of the folks who started Qudelix. With the $109 5K, $70 FiiO BTR3K (which supports LDHC) and $115 BTR5 (including a spec comparison to the ES100) and maybe other units, the ES100 is in an odd position of being an awesome but imperfect product which is stuck in time with a fading battery life which you can still buy for less than most the competition ($80 on Drop) feature-for-feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back