Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 7, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #6,362 of 6,675
Feb 7, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #6,363 of 6,675
Hi guys,
Some time ago I bought ES100 and it has 1.2.x firmware. I want to update it but there is only 2.0.2 firmware available. I've searched so many web sites that I lost count and all of them gave me dead link on drop box.
This is my last place where I can search for any help in getting 1.4.2 firmware because even Radsone won't send me older soft :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2021 at 9:21 PM Post #6,364 of 6,675
Hi guys,
Some time ago I bought ES100 and it has 1.2.x firmware. I want to update it but there is only 2.0.2 firmware available. I've searched so many web sites that I lost count and all of them gave me dead link on drop box.
This is my last place where I can search for any help in getting 1.4.2 firmware because even Radsone won't send me older soft :frowning2:

is it possible just to update it straight from 1.2.x to 2.0.2? or is there a specific reason why you need the 1.4.2 version?

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #6,367 of 6,675
Many people complain about problem with stable connection on 2.0.2 and I want to avoid this by sticking to 1.4.2

I own (2) ES100s, and I have had zero problems with the latest firmware. It's connection is as stable as a rock.

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #6,368 of 6,675
Many people complain about problem with stable connection on 2.0.2 and I want to avoid this by sticking to 1.4.2
The 2.x firmware has been out for 2 years, and I've had no problems. In fact, it made the unit more reliable. Not sure if it was the BT 5.0 support or the other changes, since they fixed some problems I was having with the EQ.

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #6,369 of 6,675
The 2.x firmware has been out for 2 years, and I've had no problems. In fact, it made the unit more reliable. Not sure if it was the BT 5.0 support or the other changes, since they fixed some problems I was having with the EQ.

I agree. I seem to remember I had some weird issue, and the 2.x firmware fixed it. I wouldn't even consider using an ES100 unless it had the firmware.

With that said, if someone has damaged their es100 amplifier by plugging or unplugging it with the music playing (which generates a warning message), then I can understand that it might be acting flaky. But in that case, a firmware upgrade wouldn't fix it, as the hardware itself is damaged.

Feb 9, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #6,370 of 6,675
I agree. I seem to remember I had some weird issue, and the 2.x firmware fixed it. I wouldn't even consider using an ES100 unless it had the firmware.

With that said, if someone has damaged their es100 amplifier by plugging or unplugging it with the music playing (which generates a warning message), then I can understand that it might be acting flaky. But in that case, a firmware upgrade wouldn't fix it, as the hardware itself is damaged.
I don't recall having any issues with, or differences in, connection quality as a result of a firmware update.

Feb 9, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #6,371 of 6,675
I don't recall having any issues with, or differences in, connection quality as a result of a firmware update.

I assume it was the Bluetooth 5.0 support, which was implemented via a FW update:

8FC44CA1-E37E-42B8-B0C1-87666103BE61.jpeg

Feb 9, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #6,372 of 6,675
I own (2) ES100s, and I have had zero problems with the latest firmware. It's connection is as stable as a rock.
+1. I also own two, although I'm only using one. My newest one is still in the box, so I have no idea what firmware it has. My original sounds awesome and I also don't have any issues. It's become my favorite go to dac/amp. SQ is impressive. This little box powers every iem I own. Use it primarily in 2.5 balanced output mode. All my iems are sporting some kinda balanced cable. I've never been so happy and satisfied with an audio device. Listening to it right now with my KZ ZS10 PRO. The synergy with that iem and my music library plus the ES100 is still, imho, top notch. You would have to spend thousands of $'s to get an equivalent SQ in a home, speaker based system; to achieve a similar SQ. The ES100 is still an amazing sounding portable, Bluetooth dac/amp. I'm curious to try the Qudelix K5, but I'm hesitant since I already own and love the ES100. Why look at something else, when you're already happy with what you have??

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #6,373 of 6,675
+1. I also own two, although I'm only using one. My newest one is still in the box, so I have no idea what firmware it has. My original sounds awesome and I also don't have any issues. It's become my favorite go to dac/amp. SQ is impressive. This little box powers every iem I own. Use it primarily in 2.5 balanced output mode. All my iems are sporting some kinda balanced cable. I've never been so happy and satisfied with an audio device. Listening to it right now with my KZ ZS10 PRO. The synergy with that iem and my music library plus the ES100 is still, imho, top notch. You would have to spend thousands of $'s to get an equivalent SQ in a home, speaker based system; to achieve a similar SQ. The ES100 is still an amazing sounding portable, Bluetooth dac/amp. I'm curious to try the Qudelix K5, but I'm hesitant since I already own and love the ES100. Why look at something else, when you're already happy with what you have??
Exactly. Trouble free original here since August 2018. Original firmware. Listen to it every morning with a cuppa coffee and Koss KSC75 on Parts Express headband. Still think that dollar for dollar it was the best audio purchase I have ever made.

Feb 10, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #6,374 of 6,675
I agree 100% (although the 5k is much better) :)

Feb 10, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #6,375 of 6,675
How is the battery life of this thing, using it on the AAC codec & LDAC codec for the most part? Using LZ A7 IEM.
Also do any of you use this in your car sound system? How is it integration with a car sub, amp, speakers etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back