Radsone EarStudio ES100
Oct 28, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #6,286 of 6,675
Yeah, I've had mine for 2,5 years and still works like a charm. The clip did brake a while back though but it's been used extremely heavily so no complaints from me about the build quality.

Oct 29, 2020 at 11:08 AM Post #6,288 of 6,675
How did you do that, care to explain please

I have this cable and a bunch of spare tips, and I converted all of my gear to magnetic charging. The microusb TRN BT20, ES100, xduoo X3, etc. The type C on other gear, etc.

One cable to charge everything. Made my life so much simpler!

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtxXR41

Nov 12, 2020 at 11:24 PM Post #6,291 of 6,675
Hello! First of all, excuse me for my poor English skills. I'm planning to buy the ES100 to pair it with my Galaxy S10 Lite, but i read somewhere that if i plug headphones with inline mic they will not work. Is that true?
Yes, my recollection is that it does not support an inline mic (and I recall the built in kic was not great either for calls). If you need an inline mic, check out the Qudelix 5K.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #6,293 of 6,675
Nov 15, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #6,294 of 6,675
Nov 16, 2020 at 1:56 AM Post #6,295 of 6,675
Thank you for your help, but i've already ordered the ES100.
For next couple of months i will be using it with headphones like Shure SE215 and Blon BL-03 until i get a new pair of over ears. I'm thinking about buying V-Moda M100 Master or Sony MDR-1AM2, between these two which is the better choice for the ES100?
Don't worry about it, the ES100 (and 5K)does also have great built in mic.

The ES100 should easily drive both of those headphones so just get the ones you like best.

Nov 19, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #6,297 of 6,675
Apologies if this question has already been asked somewhere in the 420 pages' (!!!) worth of to-date discussion :relaxed: I've just purchased an ES100 MK2 via Drop, and am about to pair it to my Google Pixels for the first time (specifically I currently have access to both the Pixel 3a and Pixel 4, both updated to the latest and greatest Android releases). UAPP seems to be a popular player app, esp. for folks like me with Tidal HiFi subscriptions...but neither the Pixel 3a or Pixel 4 are listed here as being compatible with the app's HiRes direct driver:

https://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/hires-audio-driver

Does anyone have conceptual or (ideally) ears-on experience with the app and either of these Android phone models and can therefore confirm (or deny) if it's worthwhile to purchase UAPP (along with the MQA Decoder add-on for optimum Tidal HiFi content compatibility, of course) in my specific situation? And if so, whether this is beneficial for Bluetooth DAC setups, USB DAC, or both?

Thanks in advance for your time and insights! (I'm relatively new here, although a longer-time lurker)

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #6,298 of 6,675
Anyone, I just updated my firmware from 1.3.X to the latest version. I used to be able to EQ output from Spotify while playing music through my LG V30+ using the EarStudio app. For some reason , the EQ options are not accessible. Any clues why? I was going to add a bad bump for listening to hop hop & rap and its not an option. I fairly sure this was a standard feature of the previous firmware.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #6,299 of 6,675
Anyone, I just updated my firmware from 1.3.X to the latest version. I used to be able to EQ output from Spotify while playing music through my LG V30+ using the EarStudio app. For some reason , the EQ options are not accessible. Any clues why? I was going to add a bad bump for listening to hop hop & rap and its not an option. I fairly sure this was a standard feature of the previous firmware.
Maybe you have switched to LDAC? EQ is not supported over LDAC.

Dec 1, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #6,300 of 6,675
Good day everyone! I would like to ask if anyone of you have the ability to check the values of each smd resistors in ES100? Mine got some several busted resistors. I can't send it back for repair as it is already past the warranty period. If anyone can do it, I would really appreciate it. Many thanks!

Also I don't know if this is the correct thread for this, if not please forgive me as I am new to Head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back