Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #4,938 of 6,675
yeah it is. i have the E-Mu teaks and it runs those well. if i run balanced on high power mode i can run my Blackwoods (t50rp mod) but very little headroom.
Interesting! even blackwoods? Have you compared the sound to when they are connected to dedicated dac/amp's? Do you notice any difference in sound quality?
Could you also tell me how they compare to e-mu teak's?
I'm trying to sell my open back headphones and my Audio gd nfb 11.38 to get closed back headphones.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #4,940 of 6,675
Interesting! even blackwoods? Have you compared the sound to when they are connected to dedicated dac/amp's? Do you notice any difference in sound quality?
Could you also tell me how they compare to e-mu teak's?
I'm trying to sell my open back headphones and my Audio gd nfb 11.38 to get closed back headphones.
i definitely wouldnt want to use it as my sole dac/amp for the Blackwoods. its passable but not optimal.
actually out of the few amps i own (ifi micro bl,MCTH,Valhalla2) i like the blackwoods out of the ifi on turbo the best.

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #4,941 of 6,675
i definitely wouldnt want to use it as my sole dac/amp for the Blackwoods. its passable but not optimal.
actually out of the few amps i own (ifi micro bl,MCTH,Valhalla2) i like the blackwoods out of the ifi on turbo the best.
Thanks for your reply! How does blackwoods compare to e-mu teak's? Are they in different leagues?

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #4,943 of 6,675
Technical question please:
I've recently acquired the Tin HiFi P1s, which are 20ohm impedance and 96dB/mW
I've entered the figures into the volume display settings and, at good, but not unreasonable loud listening level, it tells me I'm at 161mWatt and 118 dB SPL.
That can't be correct.
The IEMs state a maximum power handling of 10mW so these numbers are all over the place.
Can someone advise please?

Jul 11, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #4,944 of 6,675
Technical question please:
I've recently acquired the Tin HiFi P1s, which are 20ohm impedance and 96dB/mW
I've entered the figures into the volume display settings and, at good, but not unreasonable loud listening level, it tells me I'm at 161mWatt and 118 dB SPL.
That can't be correct.
The IEMs state a maximum power handling of 10mW so these numbers are all over the place.
Can someone advise please?
Is your source volume maxed out? Those readings should apply when the device is supplied with either a USB input at full/line level or maxed bluetooth volume on the source device.

Jul 11, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #4,945 of 6,675
Is your source volume maxed out? Those readings should apply when the device is supplied with either a USB input at full/line level or maxed bluetooth volume on the source device.
Source volume is maxed out using Bluetooth. iPhone Xs

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #4,946 of 6,675
Anyone able to give a rough idea in percentages as to how much louder the 2.5mm balanced output is compared to the stereo 3.5mm....?

I plan on useing a LG G7 to the ES100 to drive a set of Seinhiser HD800s.... wondering if I need to buy a balanced cable for the HD800s or not?

I don't need crazy loud I just need a full weighty engaging and clear sound.

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #4,947 of 6,675
[FIXED] Now I'm experiencing an issue with mine: When I plug in my ES100 to the PC as a USB DAC, the PC recognizes the ES100 but will play ZERO sound through it. PC Volume is at 100%. It just flashes Red and Green at me and pressing the physical volume doesn't help at all. Any ideas? (yes, I tried different cables)

EDIT: Now it's flashing green and still won't play sound.

EDIT 2: If the Output Lock is ON for 2.5mm (for bluetooth, etc. in software), you HAVE to disable the "lock" (in software) for the USB hard connection to work as a USB DAC for 3.5mm. [FIXED]

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #4,948 of 6,675
Anyone able to give a rough idea in percentages as to how much louder the 2.5mm balanced output is compared to the stereo 3.5mm....?

I plan on useing a LG G7 to the ES100 to drive a set of Seinhiser HD800s.... wondering if I need to buy a balanced cable for the HD800s or not?

I don't need crazy loud I just need a full weighty engaging and clear sound.

Even in balanced mode I wouldn't call the sound with the ES100 and HD800S weighty, imo it lacks just a little bit of juice to drive the HD800S to its full potential. As always YMMV and yada yada :wink:

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #4,949 of 6,675
Even in balanced mode I wouldn't call the sound with the ES100 and HD800S weighty, imo it lacks just a little bit of juice to drive the HD800S to its full potential. As always YMMV and yada yada :wink:
Thanks for the reply. Would you say with your HD800S the difference in loudness between stereo and balanced makes it worth buying balanced cable? Is there much diference or is it marginal?
What would you estimate is the diference in volume? Percentage wise so its simple for my tiny brain to understand....

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #4,950 of 6,675
Now I'm experiencing an issue with mine: When I plug in my ES100 to the PC as a USB DAC, the PC recognizes the ES100 but will play ZERO sound through it. PC Volume is at 100%. It just flashes Red and Green at me and pressing the physical volume doesn't help at all. Any ideas? (yes, I tried different cables)

EDIT: Now it's flashing green and still won't play sound.

EDIT 2: If the Output Lock is ON for 2.5mm for bluetooth, you HAVE to disable the "lock" for the USB hard connection to work as a USB DAC.

Can it be something related to charge options when in USB mode? Don't have ES100 here and don't remember how to access to that submenu, but you can try look for it and change to another configuration

EDIT: Corrections.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back