Radsone EarStudio ES100
Oct 8, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3,031 of 6,675
I have the Note 9. You definitely hear a difference. Go with a 6 core Kinboofi 2.5 balanced cable on Amazon.

I just got the Hidizs Sonata HD II DAC cable. It's decent. Gives me better quality from the Note should i not want to take the ES100 with me. It's doesn't sound as good. It's got a bright tilt to it whereas the ES100 is uncolored in it's sig for the most part.
is there a shorter version of balanced cable? It seems a bit long for me.

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #3,032 of 6,675
is there a shorter version of balanced cable? It seems a bit long for me.
I bought this cable along with this 2.5mm plug. I cut the cable in half, and soldered the mmcx half to the plug. That gave me a a very short ~40cm balanced cable. I have to buy a pair of mmcx connectors that if soldered to remaining half of the cable will give me a backup short balanced cable.
71hNLZqXLUL[1].jpg

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #3,033 of 6,675
If you are in the US, even international too, contact @alpha421 who runs Triton Audio Cables. He can make you a quality cable to your length preference.

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #3,037 of 6,675
I have the Note 9. You definitely hear a difference. Go with a 6 core Kinboofi 2.5 balanced cable on Amazon.

I just got the Hidizs Sonata HD II DAC cable. It's decent. Gives me better quality from the Note should i not want to take the ES100 with me. It's doesn't sound as good. It's got a bright tilt to it whereas the ES100 is uncolored in it's sig for the most part.

Thanks, that's good to know. The Hidizs might not be for me then, the GR07 is already a tad bright. I'm super excited for the ES100 now.

One more thing. Is it worth it playing hi-res files from my phone to the ES100 or should I just stick to CD-quality rips?

Oct 8, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,038 of 6,675
I have the same cable and the stiffness does not bother me at all actually I like this durable feeling.

My cable is 1.5m because I asked that it can be sorter if you request it from MavisMods (please @Mavismodz correct me if I am wrong )

1.5m is awfully long and cumbersome for es100 but I got one universal length to be used also with xDSD. I am very happy with this cable.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #3,039 of 6,675
If you are in the US, even international too, contact @alpha421 who runs Triton Audio Cables. He can make you a quality cable to your length preference.

Nice! Can he do one for the Beyerdynamic headphones with mini-XLR connectors too?

Ya know, a buddy of mine just tried out the Hidizs Sonata HD II amp/DAC as well. Said it had a very noticeable amount of distortion when plugged in all the way. So unsurprisingly he's returning it. Sounds like the HD II sux, and you're not the only one thinking that. lol I guess for $40 though you really can't expect too much.

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #3,040 of 6,675
Fwiw I love the Sonata HD, I've got both the original one as well as the HD II. I'm only using mine for music listening (Spotify /UAPP) and for me they're extremely good value and the perfect complement to the ES100.

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3,041 of 6,675
Nice! Can he do one for the Beyerdynamic headphones with mini-XLR connectors too?

Ya know, a buddy of mine just tried out the Hidizs Sonata HD II amp/DAC as well. Said it had a very noticeable amount of distortion when plugged in all the way. So unsurprisingly he's returning it. Sounds like the HD II sux, and you're not the only one thinking that. lol I guess for $40 though you really can't expect too much.

After a long, cumbersome process I was able to get the FW updated and change the sound setting to Pure Music with a flash. SQ improved. My biggest gripe is that you are unable to watch YT or FB videos, they would be stop motion with of course no audio. Returning to Amazon.

As for the cable it's definitely worth asking him. Great CS. I have his Triton8 MMCX, a Silver cable for my Meze 99C and a Copper cable for my Beyer Amiron Home. All balanced.

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #3,042 of 6,675
After a long, cumbersome process I was able to get the FW updated and change the sound setting to Pure Music with a flash. SQ improved. My biggest gripe is that you are unable to watch YT or FB videos, they would be stop motion with of course no audio. Returning to Amazon.

As for the cable it's definitely worth asking him. Great CS. I have his Triton8 MMCX, a Silver cable for my Meze 99C and a Copper cable for my Beyer Amiron Home. All balanced.

That's cool. Not sure if my friend did all that or not.

Hmm I C. Well most ppl prob don't use amp/DACs for videos so maybe that's why?

Sweet! Yeah I'll contact that guy and ask about what balanced cables he can make. Thanks again for the tip!

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #3,044 of 6,675
ES100 with the new FiiO FH5 IEMs (balance cable), provide great and enjoyable sound signature.
Listening to Tidal HiFi (via UAPP with LDAC) on my LG V30+

My exact current setup lol :)

I'd love to find a short balanced one ready on Amazon though....

p/s: what eartips are those? I can't seem to get a good seal with stock ones

Oct 9, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #3,045 of 6,675
These are the Bass eartips. These provide the best seal for me. The FH5 comes with several seal types.
Some people here recommend the Comply 240 tips for a better seal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back