Radsone EarStudio ES100
Mar 11, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #421 of 6,675
I have not messed around with the AK filters too much on the ES100 but I noticed the differences when I used the same AK Filters on my Cayin N3 DAP. It was pretty noticeable. Some worked well with my headphones and some did not. Did not like using sharp filter with planars, but I did for dynamic drivers and hybrid IEMs.

I used to have the N3 also (sold it after getting the ES100 because redundancy). on the N3 sometimes i used the slow one for acoustic or soft folk songs in the beginning, but after a while i settled for the sharp roll off filter on it. the N3 has a "fatter" and warmer amp sound to me, so it's better with that filter. on the ES100 it sounds cleaner, to me the short delay sharp roll off is better. also on the ES100 the effect of the filter change is more noticable than the N3

Mar 11, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #422 of 6,675
I used to have the N3 also (sold it after getting the ES100 because redundancy). on the N3 sometimes i used the slow one for acoustic or soft folk songs in the beginning, but after a while i settled for the sharp roll off filter on it. the N3 has a "fatter" and warmer amp sound to me, so it's better with that filter. on the ES100 it sounds cleaner, to me the short delay sharp roll off is better. also on the ES100 the effect of the filter change is more noticable than the N3

I also just sold my N3 a couple days ago after I got this :)

Mar 11, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #423 of 6,675

I also just sold my N3 a couple days ago after I got this :)

I initially was all set to get the N3, but a large function was going to serve as a bluetooth receiver, and the lack of receiving in aptx was an issue for me. The ES100 has essentially erradicated my lust for the N3. But if it did receive in aptx, I could still see value in it for me.

Anyway, I'm happy that you two like the SQ out of the ES100 so much that you felt that you could let go of your N3 :)

Mar 11, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #424 of 6,675
I initially was all set to get the N3, but a large function was going to serve as a bluetooth receiver, and the lack of receiving in aptx was an issue for me. The ES100 has essentially erradicated my lust for the N3. But if it did receive in aptx, I could still see value in it for me.

Anyway, I'm happy that you two like the SQ out of the ES100 so much that you felt that you could let go of your N3 :)

Beside the ES100 has a better suited signature sound for me, it also doesn't suffer from audio latency when watching videos.not to mention it's a lot smaller and lighter than the N3. As a pure DAP, well, I like my Ipod Classic better by far

Mar 12, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #425 of 6,675
A new update to the App just came out. Looks like it fixed the bug with filter selection.

Mar 12, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #426 of 6,675
5F0D162D-FCB7-448C-88C4-4923C4544913.jpeg Just got my ES100 from Amazon today. Only used it for about an hour without playing around with the app yet but am so far very impressed.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #427 of 6,675
Luckily my son lives in Utah, so I bought three on Amazon which were mailed to him, and today he sent them to me in Switzerland. I'm making two friends very happy :gs1000smile:

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #428 of 6,675
Any update on uk release? Really want one!

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #431 of 6,675
Anyone have experience using this on the iPhone? I haven't done any FW updates yet but do they fix the battery percentages displayed in iOS or the app? At first I didn't think the iOS notification was changing from 100% at all and relied on the in app battery percentage but that turns out to be even worse considering it goes up and down as much as 8%. Now the iOS notification is telling me 80% and the in app has been stuck at 61% for a while now. Anyways, minor gripe I suppose considering how much I enjoy this in every other way.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #432 of 6,675
Anyone have experience using this on the iPhone? I haven't done any FW updates yet but do they fix the battery percentages displayed in iOS or the app? At first I didn't think the iOS notification was changing from 100% at all and relied on the in app battery percentage but that turns out to be even worse considering it goes up and down as much as 8%. Now the iOS notification is telling me 80% and the in app has been stuck at 61% for a while now. Anyways, minor gripe I suppose considering how much I enjoy this in every other way.

Thanks for the feedback and we'll check the issue shortly.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #434 of 6,675
I’ve had this for about a week now. I have to say I’m very happy with it. I can not distinguish the difference between Bluetooth and wired with my dt 770 80 ohm connected to my iPad Pro 12.9. My only question is what the oversampling does? I have it on 1x atm. I also have the filter on short sharp.

The only little thing that bothers me slightly is when I connect to my iPad, it also connects to my iPhone automatically, and when I open my phone the music will cut out for a short period of time.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #435 of 6,675
Thanks for the feedback and we'll check the issue shortly.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

I have the same issue on Android, where the battery level shown in the OS isn't the same as the one shown in the app. I believe the issues on iOS and Android share a root cause, so a fix for one should fix the other.

I’ve had this for about a week now. I have to say I’m very happy with it. I can not distinguish the difference between Bluetooth and wired with my dt 770 80 ohm connected to my iPad Pro 12.9. My only question is what the oversampling does? I have it on 1x atm. I also have the filter on short sharp.

The only little thing that bothers me slightly is when I connect to my iPad, it also connects to my iPhone automatically, and when I open my phone the music will cut out for a short period of time.

WS, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think the oversampling option performs a simple digital upsampling and runs the DAC at a higher sample rate. I don't think there's any sonic benefit for doing this, but some might... feel better about oversampling for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back