Radius DDm vs Sennheiser IE8 (in terms of bass quantity)
Mar 26, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #17 of 25
I have had both but not at the same time. From memory I prefered the IE8 more a comfort perspective and build perspective. As for bass I thought they were both to heavy but would say the IE8 had more bass do to it's larger mid-bass hump. They both have a dark midrange that is colored by the bass. The treble of the IE8 while note great is better than the DDM in my opinion. Soundstage is bigger on the IE8 but not by much. Over all detail is better on the IE8 but except in bass where the DDM has more texture.

Mar 26, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
But IE8's do, Or at least from an authorized dealer.

Dakmart is a Sennheiser listed authorized dealer.  These are refurbished with a shorter warranty at $170.
http://www.dakmart.com/p12111/SENNHEISER-IE8-IE-8-NOISE-ISOLATING-HEADPHONES-W-WRNTY/product_info.html

and Razordogdeals is also an authorized dealer.  They sell new on eBay and can be had under $300.
http://stores.ebay.com/razordogdeals

Many head-fi members have bought from both of these dealers.

Mar 26, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #19 of 25

Quote:

Dakmart is a Sennheiser listed authorized dealer.  These are refurbished with a shorter warranty at $170.
http://www.dakmart.com/p12111/SENNHEISER-IE8-IE-8-NOISE-ISOLATING-HEADPHONES-W-WRNTY/product_info.html

and Razordogdeals is also an authorized dealer.  They sell new on eBay and can be had under $300.
http://stores.ebay.com/razordogdeals

Many head-fi members have bought from both of these dealers.

I would rather have new then refusbished, but thanks for the links. The $300 price is pretty good, however when you add in shipping to Canada it is actually around 350 or even more because of customs.

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #20 of 25
Try doing a phone order from jr.com; the lowest price they would go is $250 USD (free us shipping btw), but if you are shipping it to Canada it will be an additional $4x dollar, including ups brokerage fees. Adding up would be about 29x, better than razordogdeals. However, anything you order from the states, will be subjected to canadian tax  (13%) so you should bear that in mind too. 

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #23 of 25
DBA02 is an OEM IEMs therefore there are not worth more then 150-160 buks  in my opinion.
Radius DDM is a different story. There is no other IEM that sounds so well and cost so little.
BTW, When they came out in Japan last year in January its  price was set at 200$+ 
Luckily MusicaAcoustics offered us a deal on this..

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #24 of 25

Quote:
DBA02 is an OEM IEMs therefore there are not worth more then 150-160 buks  in my opinion.
Radius DDM is a different story. There is no other IEM that sounds so well and cost so little.
BTW, When they came out in Japan last year in January its  price was set at 200$+ 
Luckily MusicaAcoustics offered us a deal on this..

Maybe the DBA-02's are really an OEM IEM, but even if so, what makes them IYO sounding worse than the Radius DDM?
DBA-02 and DDM presents music in so very different manners (analytic vs. "musical"), so much that I can certainly not say one which one is better than the other (only that I may have a personal preference), but maybe this should left open to be intepretated by the individual user/potential owners than.. and also not a price setting :)       

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #25 of 25

Quote:
Maybe the DBA-02's are really an OEM IEM, but even if so, what makes them IYO sounding worse than the Radius DDM?
DBA-02 and DDM presents music in so very different manners (analytic vs. "musical"), so much that I can certainly not say one which one is better than the other (only that I may have a personal preference), but maybe this should left open to be intepretated by the individual user/potential owners than.. and also not a price setting :)       

Maybe you should share you preference. Because i listen to techno and trance and im wondering how the DDM compare to the DBA-02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back