Radius DDM or Monster Turbine Pro Gold?
Jan 4, 2011 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

shiroemon

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm searching for a good earphone and came out with these two. I choose these two as my ears have been spoiled by my Phiaton MS 400 in terms of bass.. I'm searching for an earphone with good high and mids but I also want an excellent bass response.. The earphone doesn't have to be analytical. Oh, and my budget is around  $ 150-200; I might raise my budget though.  Any other recommendations are very welcomed. Thanks!

Jan 4, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #2 of 8
I've tried the Radius DDM, its simply amazing. But im just not comfortable with the brand, I dont think Radius is a very earphone-centric company so I didnt buy it. But judging purely buy the sound, amazing. Pretty bassy too.

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:03 AM Post #3 of 8
Thanks for the reply Zinte,

After reading some reviews about Radius DDM.. One thing that I'm really concerned is the comfort and fit. It seems that most head-fiers complained about the hard-to-fit design.. By the way, how's the mid and highs? Is it detailed like dba-02 or does it really lacks detail?

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:13 AM Post #4 of 8
Monster turbine coppers are better than the both of them. And they are on ebay for 150 bucks new and from a legit seller with 98.5 feedback.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Monster-Turbine-Pro-Copper-Professional-In-Ear-Speakers-/250749502042?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item3a61d5c25a
It is rated better on joker's review thread here.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-130-iems-compared-monster-beats-tour-lil-jamz-added-12-29#post_6492051

Jan 4, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Zinte,

After reading some reviews about Radius DDM.. One thing that I'm really concerned is the comfort and fit. It seems that most head-fiers complained about the hard-to-fit design.. By the way, how's the mid and highs? Is it detailed like dba-02 or does it really lacks detail?

Very detailed and punchy. But the sound signature doesnt sound very neutral, but it does sound excellent. The fit is pretty weird, but with a good fit in my ears, it never fell out, because the DDM is very light.

Jan 4, 2011 at 4:30 AM Post #6 of 8
Both serve different purposes. DDMs are like full-sized cans in a miniature size. Golds are more user-friendly and portable. When it comes to sounds DDMs>Gold, but then there's the usability to consider. 

Jan 5, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Both serve different purposes. DDMs are like full-sized cans in a miniature size. Golds are more user-friendly and portable. When it comes to sounds DDMs>Gold, but then there's the usability to consider. 

Um.. Could you explain the how the usability of DDM is less than the Golds? It seems I'm a bit more inclined to the radius DDM right now..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back