Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jun 8, 2022 at 11:17 AM Post #5,341 of 7,885
Interesting,they are beginning to look a bit like a "mini version" of my old Jecklin Float electrostats with those pads!
I definitely want to hear what they are capable of when I get a chance to do so.
But with no rep in Sweden that will have to wait until I can travel to SE-Asia again.
I have no plans to visit Serbia.
Cheers CC

Jun 8, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #5,343 of 7,885
Jun 8, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #5,344 of 7,885
Did the design change from the prototype at high end?
Maybe they look just better due to different light

Is it possible to get the Foam cutouts as well?
The design is the same, but materials and textures are final.
Sure, all the parts will be available separately.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jun 8, 2022 at 12:18 PM Post #5,345 of 7,885
The design is the same, but materials and textures are final.
Sure, all the parts will be available separately.
I did not mean Foam replacements, but Foam for the gaps, in case we want to Experiment with sealing the gaps.

I just assumed that they are cut out from the rest of the earpad.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #5,346 of 7,885
I'm sure you can get the money-back-guarantee deal with our Dutch or German dealers, I guess everything is possible within EU and ground shipping shouldn't be expensive, I hope.
Thanks for your advice,
but I do not order any HIFI products without auditioning carefully before buying ,with one notable exception. I ordered my WAVE BNC cables for my CHORD Mscaler unheard and kept them!
But please keep me posted if any dealer in Sweden will carry your Headphones and amps this year.
And if not, I hope to at least audition your new models in SE_Asia this coming winter.
Cheers CC

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #5,347 of 7,885
TI-1a or 1b? I prefer inputs on the back, outputs on the front. I like to conceal cables whenever possible.
I suspect the CA-1a will come with TI-1b but I plan to drive it and my SR1a with VM-1a so...
Of course I could always go with the CA-1a without interface. I think that was mentioned as being less costly.
The CA-1a can be purchased as "CA-1a Naked". It is the headphone and box which saves $500. This is a cost effective way for existing SR-1a/b owners to add the new Circum-Aural without needing to buy cables, amps or interfaces they would already have.

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #5,348 of 7,885
The CA-1a can be purchased as "CA-1a Naked". It is the headphone and box which saves $500. This is a cost effective way for existing SR-1a/b owners to add the new Circum-Aural without needing to buy cables, amps or interfaces they would already have.
That's great, as I already have all 3 of RAAL's specialty HP cables and HSA-1b, Jotunheim R, the stock interface and the speaker bypass interface and will soon be adding the VM-1a "Naked" sounds good to me!

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #5,350 of 7,885
That's great, as I already have all 3 of RAAL's specialty HP cables and HSA-1b, Jotunheim R, the stock interface and the speaker bypass interface and will soon be adding the VM-1a "Naked" sounds good to me!
Big thanks for all your support! I would enjoy hearing your impressions of CA-1a once you've had a chance to check them out, fully.

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #5,351 of 7,885
I'm using the Thoman Room stand with the extra large top hanger, perfect for the SR1a and presumably the CA-1a as well.
1654712508847.png

Jun 8, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #5,352 of 7,885
Big thanks for all your support! I would enjoy hearing your impressions of CA-1a once you've had a chance to check them out, fully.
My dealer is expecting a shipment of VM-1a's end of this month so I should have it installed in early July. I'll need to keep an eye out for release date on CA-1a.

Jun 8, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #5,354 of 7,885
Hmm, no offence intended, each to his or her own.
But personally I do NOT try to "work" and listen to music at the same time, except when I am trying to learn a new piece at my piano.
And basically ALL the music I listen to is captivating enough to demand my FULL attention.

I never have music running as a background to any other activities. And especially so with headphones like the RAALs where the SQ is a very important aspect of using them in the first place.
Background music while trying to work will inevitably shift your attention between actually listening to the music, and the work you are supposed to do,and both will suffer.
There is no escaping that.
Just facts of how our brains work.
Cheers CC
I'm certainly not going to argue with that. But if I didn't listen while working, I'd be down to listening for a half hour a day at most. As it is, I get that half hour of prime listening, plus another 8-10 hours of listening while working. I count that as a win, at least until I'm able to retire and all time is prime listening time. To bring it back to this thread, I bet there are others like me, meaning there may be a market for pads that accommodate glasses-wearers.

Jun 8, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #5,355 of 7,885
looks like glasses will work with the gap. Am I seeing this correctly?
The gap is too low, at the height of ear canal.
I did try them with glasses and it felt really good. The foam is very pliable, conforms to shapes really well, plus, the lateral clamping pressure is not large.
They feel great with glasses.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back