Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Nov 25, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #3,002 of 7,880
Where do you live - in an oven?? :) I have mine playing all day off and on at 1pm no probs.
it was 19c (66f) lol and i don't have stuff blocking air flow. it didn't shut down again though, so maybe it was out of the box thing. i am letting it burn in with the headphone on low volume for now

btw out of the box Treble seems not as sparkling? or its just me? like some traks that should have massive sparkle treble fun have half their energy gone O_o''

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #3,004 of 7,880
i might go with HSA-1b amp over Jot-R mainly because when i turn volume up a little over 12 it get hot faster then it turns off.

i feel like HSA-1b is higher quality and won't play these silly games on me.

correct me if i was wrong hehe.
I have had zero issues with the jotr getting too hot or turning off

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #3,005 of 7,880
Try the baffle compensation switch down? Turn volume down a bit too same time as the mids and trebles go louder!
wait the baffle switch make a huge change with mids and treble?? its up right now, because it should be up? thats what the manual says lol

so if i have it down then treble goes up?

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #3,007 of 7,880
i turned baffle switch off and went back to stock cable, and i can notice a change. its like a viel has left off from treble as it was cloaged or something. Thanks for the info guys :3

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #3,008 of 7,880
even that my room temp is like 20-23c which is normal without AC , Jot R shoudn't shut down. when i have volume lower than 12 it last more

but once volune is around 13 its a matter of time before it shut down. i have seen a lot have this issue. i guess mine is another faulty unit...

this is the knob level where this issue happens. rip i am like in middle east, CBA sending this back -_-'' what a hassle..

20201125_235915.jpg

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #3,009 of 7,880
even that my room temp is like 20-23c which is normal without AC , Jot R shoudn't shut down. when i have volume lower than 12 it last more

but once volune is around 13 its a matter of time before it shut down. i have seen a lot have this issue. i guess mine is another faulty unit...

this is the knob level where this issue happens. rip i am like in middle east, CBA sending this back -_-'' what a hassle..

I think it's worth asking Schiit for this. I don't usually go over 12, but touchign it with my hand is not too much hot to be honest. Can understand that you CBA to send it back, but HSA1b is a lot of $$.. Try asking Schiit

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #3,010 of 7,880
I listen a lot with the volume level where you picture it. Usually not more than 2 hours at a time. Never had an issue with it shutting off. It does get pretty warm though.

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #3,011 of 7,880
i turned baffle switch off and went back to stock cable, and i can notice a change. its like a viel has left off from treble as it was cloaged or something. Thanks for the info guys :3

Apparenty I am told it reduces the mids and treble by 6Db when it’s selected. So as i suspected it just means you can then turn it up another 6db to have the bass boosted and mids / treble back the same level?

Or the other way round it’s flat - but means if you want to turn up for more bass the rest is bit too loud and bright.

I am back to having it turned on now, and turning volume up a bit compared to when it’s not on ..... delightful! :)

Nov 25, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #3,013 of 7,880
I just added a Schiit Loki to my SR1A chain. Helps to bring up the mid bass for my taste. Of course it is easy to use so I adjust as needed. Or even bypass with the front switch. Super easy to use and relatively cheap. Makes the Raal better suited to varying tastes. Just for those thinking it may not work for them. The Raal responds very well to EQ.

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #3,014 of 7,880
Maybe it’s obvious to everyone, but make sure you wait a week or so before EQing while you get used to the sound. Even just tonight, having started the evening looking for EQ options.... after a couple of more hours I am feeling more and more like I won’t need it in the end.

If I really need I can tilt the drivers in tight touching the ears and it adds a bit of “boom”..... but weirdly already I am seeing that as bloaty compared to letting the bass breathe!

Welcome the world of clean fast bass :)

These things are just awesome.....

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #3,015 of 7,880
Cool thanks - second person who mentioned that, and it’s got EQ options!!! :)
Awesome little DAC and super versatile with lots of features - can’t go wrong with it either. Bifrost 2 is warmer and has more body and weight where the ADI-2 is more on the analytical side but the EQ features helps taming it down by quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back