RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
May 3, 2024 at 12:30 AM Post #1,576 of 1,947
Thanks for this impression of the use case for the Jot R. Have dusted it off (had put it away when I picked up the HSA-1c and the Hyperion Ge, purely for space considerations) and plugged it back into the audio chain. I am fortunate to still have the 8 foot Deluxe cable (copper/silver) which was designed for use wth the Jot R (iirc). While I await the arrival of the

Thanks for this impression of the use case for the Jot R. Have dusted it off (had put it away when I picked up the HSA-1c and the Hyperion Ge, purely for space considerations) and plugged it back into the audio chain. I am fortunate to still have the 8 foot Deluxe cable (copper/silver) which was designed for use wth the Jot R (iirc). While I await the arrival of the Immanis. :)
Well, you have some great amplifiers already so the JotR is keeping elevated company. At least for me it is a great option when I do not want to heat things up, and it is the most transportable of them all as well. I must say, I really enjoy the Magna off this little amp. Happy listening.

May 3, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #1,577 of 1,947
Well, you have some great amplifiers already so the JotR is keeping elevated company. At least for me it is a great option when I do not want to heat things up, and it is the most transportable of them all as well. I must say, I really enjoy the Magna off this little amp. Happy listening.
I noticed Kiats mentioned using the deluxe cable with Jot R and the new phones. I might be wrong here but I thought I read somewhere that the original deluxe cable wasn’t good with the new phones. I’m really not sure so thought it best to raise it here.

May 3, 2024 at 3:08 AM Post #1,578 of 1,947
I noticed Kiats mentioned using the deluxe cable with Jot R and the new phones. I might be wrong here but I thought I read somewhere that the original deluxe cable wasn’t good with the new phones. I’m really not sure so thought it best to raise it here.
Not good for use with Interface, but good for direct drive amps. JotR actually requires that cable's resistance, inductance and probably capacitance to work it's best.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
May 3, 2024 at 3:53 AM Post #1,579 of 1,947
You are too kind. The Jot R brings a different tonality to the table. And, for me, that is key. Having a range of different sound signatures is a nice option. Similarly with how I have a different range of energizers for Stax earspeakers. :)

May 3, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #1,580 of 1,947
Not good for use with Interface, but good for direct drive amps. JotR actually requires that cable's resistance, inductance and probably capacitance to work its best.
Absolutely! @Aleksandar R. will remember that I had many questions when I first picked up the SR-1a and then the CA-1A, with the JotR, before moving on to the HSA-1C and the TI-1b. And he will be glad that I have learned well about the matching of resistance, inductance and capacitance of different cables with the different direct drive amps and interface boxes. :)

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 4:18 AM Post #1,581 of 1,947
Absolutely! @Aleksandar R. will remember that I had many questions when I first picked up the SR-1a and then the CA-1A, with the JotR, before moving on to the HSA-1C and the TI-1b. And he will be glad that I have learned well about the matching of resistance, inductance and capacitance of different cables with the different direct drive amps and interface boxes. :)
Yes, you do know how to use everything we made so far and I'm very glad that you do!
Also, thank you for jumping in several times when I don't reply quickly, explaining what's for what. :beerchug:

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
May 3, 2024 at 4:46 AM Post #1,582 of 1,947
Yes, you do know how to use everything we made so far and I'm very glad that you do!
Also, thank you for jumping in several times when I don't reply quickly, explaining what's for what. :beerchug:
🙏 Any time, Alex!

May 3, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #1,583 of 1,947
It’s around 60-70 hours now for the break in process, the headphone turns warmer in this stage suddenly, so I think I’m not going to give any more comments after it’s really really stable. (Simon and I have the same impression during the breaking in process, so I think it’s the headphone rather than other components)

The headphone starts with good quality already but its in a cooler sound at the first place, so if the sound is a bit bright or light, it will become warmer and thicker afterwards

I’m using nordost Odin 8 wires from amp side to interface, but I’ve just ask my cable maker to make a Mundorf silver-gold 12 wires for trial purpose hoping that it matches more the immanis in my current system.

I think immanis reflect very well how the system sounds like, if your previous headphone is quite neutral, I think they will sound quite similar on the tone colour, but you really need to give time for the immanis to become stable.

It’s fun to recognise the change and I’ve to say it again that immanis starts quite impressive at the beginning already. Just start listening to it and feel the difference afterwards, hope you guys could share the changes as well to see will there be different impressions in this process

Last edited:
May 3, 2024 at 6:52 AM Post #1,584 of 1,947
It’s around 60-70 hours now for the break in process, the headphone turns warmer in this stage suddenly, so I think I’m not going to give any more comments after it’s really really stable. (Simon and I have the same impression during the breaking in process, so I think it’s the headphone rather than other components)

The headphone starts with good quality already but its in a cooler sound at the first place, so if the sound is a bit bright or light, it will become warmer and thicker afterwards

I’m using nordost Odin 8 wires from amp side to interface, but I’ve just ask my cable maker to make a Mundorf silver-gold 12 wires for trial purpose hoping that it matches more the immanis in my current system.

I think immanis reflect very well how the system sounds like, if your previous headphone is quite neutral, I think they will sound quite similar on the tone colour, but you really need to give time for the immanis to become stable.

It’s fun to recognise the change and I’ve to say it again that immanis starts quite impressive at the beginning already. Just start listening to it and feel the difference afterwards, hope you guys could share the changes as well to see will there be different impressions in this process

Yeah, Headphones can take a while to burn in, I think even Simon doesn't have it burned in all the way, My Caldera (Which I Main and have more than a year now) also seems to have opened up more lately, go figure

May 3, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #1,585 of 1,947
We are 105 pages in with a generally positive take from owners, reviewers, and show attendees of both Raal offerings.
Frankly if it were 100%, with no differing opinions, this would be unhealthy and a red flag.
We have the Munich show then more hp will be out in the wild so stay tuned and buckle up!!!
Exactly, can't wait to listen to both hps soon in Munich. Will be my first time ever to visit an Audio "event".

May 3, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #1,587 of 1,947
I cannot for the life of me understand why we all put so much stock in professional reviews. Like that recent drivel from that legend-in-his-own-mind 6 Moons guy, an incessant blathering where he goes on page after page and says exactly nothing and wastes everyone's time except for his own. Maybe it is the engineer in me telling myself that the best way is to say your piece efficiently and then get out. If you look at MokhaMark's review in an above post, now there is an efficient review where he examines the phones and says it all without boring the living heck out of his readers. Even Nfandi above recommends you skip the first 9 pages of the 6 Moons review to get to the point of the review, yikes.
I’m not ‘getting’ at you, nor do I think there was any offence taken from any of your comments, but I suppose we do see things a little differently, and to me that’s perfectly OK. I recommended going in around page 10 because much of what’s before that is taken from what Alex shared with us on the sponsor channel. The real ‘meat’ of the review starts with Srajan comparing Magna with his much loved SR-1a and then later with the “Lunar Eclipse’ that is Immanis and all of that happens in the last 3 or 4 pages.
What I actually really like about what Srajan does is he takes care with his planning and preparation and offers his thoughts using 3 different systems. He does not go straight for chains which are out of most people’s reach but uses components that reflect different approaches that many people should be able to relate to. And yes, I think for people for whom English is not their first language I can see why it could be hard work trying to work out what he is actually saying. For me that’s part of what makes him unique. There will be enough reports coming over the next few months that talk about V-shaped this, treble that, mid-range this, bass that etc which mean I can tolerate, even enjoy the different approach taken by Srajan. And of course nobody is forced to read it. I reserved Immanis as soon as I read about it in January, but that’s an easy decision to make if you already own the SR-1a/b and/or CA-1a. Likewise I would have reserved it after reading @simorag and @MokhaMark’s heartfelt words. I would not reserve Immanis if the only review available was the one written by Srajan, but I would have asked my dealer when I could arrange for a demonstration. Is that because it’s real human beings v. a professional reviewer? Or maybe I’m slightly unhinged like Srajan…….

May 3, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #1,588 of 1,947
FYI, on its Facebook page, Solaja Audio posted pics of its new VM1a successor and new 300B, which Aleksandar has mentioned a few times. Looks like they'll be introduced at the upcoming Munich show. Top pic is the VM1a successor and bottom the 300B:

1714757490996.png

May 3, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #1,589 of 1,947
I am on goldensound’s discord server. Here are some screen shots (the blacked out bit was just not relevant to Immanis)

I've had a conversation with this Ish person, they gave me a bit more context, actually said it wasn't that bad like in the shared conversations from GoldenSound's server.
They prefer Speakers to Headphones, they like TH900 and thought Immanis had too much bass comparatively

adding the summary they posted:

1714758234236.png

May 3, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #1,590 of 1,947
FYI, on its Facebook page, Solaja Audio posted pics of its new VM1a successor and new 300B, which Aleksandar has mentioned a few times. Looks like they'll be introduced at the upcoming Munich show. Top pic is the VM1a successor and bottom the 300B:

1714757490996.png
@Ciggavelli If you're looking for something to replace your Wa33 I'd add those to the audition list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back