RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Feb 11, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #77 of 1,855
Feb 11, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #78 of 1,855
Feb 11, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #80 of 1,855
Will these follow the spirit of Ca1a as being positioned to contend with the best at more affordable prices?
Unfortunately, no. It can't be done after counting the work hours, increased wages that had to follow the inflation, increased prices of services and materials...
These take an extraordinary long time to make. Including control and measurements, 2.5 ribbons per man per day, two guys making them...
But the sound makes it worthwhile.

Last edited:
RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Feb 12, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #81 of 1,855
Unfortunately, no. It can't be done after counting the work hours, increased wages that had to follow the inflation, increased prices of services and materials...
These take an extraordinary long time to make. Including control and measurements, 2.5 ribbons per man per day, two guys making them...
If I lived anywhere near you, I'd help make them!

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #83 of 1,855
Hi Aleks,

If you don't mind me asking, is there an official price for the two new models? I think it was also mentioned, though I'm not certain if it's true, that there might be a discount for Raal hp owners. Thanks!

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #84 of 1,855
Hi Aleks,

If you don't mind me asking, is there an official price for the two new models? I think it was also mentioned, though I'm not certain if it's true, that there might be a discount for Raal hp owners. Thanks!
I read somewhere that the discount only applies to people who bought both the SR1 and the CA-1 and one of the direct drive amplifiers 😉. But that’s just wishful thinking and 🤥.

Feb 12, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #85 of 1,855
I read somewhere that the discount only applies to people who bought both the SR1 and the CA-1 and one of the direct drive amplifiers 😉. But that’s just wishful thinking and 🤥.
Who knows, let's wait for an official reply.

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #87 of 1,855
I would also wait for the official pricing. I see that the website https://raalribbon.com/ (which would be the ideal place for an official pricelist) is down for maintenance since a couple of weeks now, potentially due to the overhauling due to the RAAL 1995 re-branding.

Let me just remark that according to 6moons (see snippet below), the European prices are VAT Excluded, so we are talking about >10kEuro end-user prices in most countries here.

1707747761719.png

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #88 of 1,855
I would also wait for the official pricing. I see that the website https://raalribbon.com/ (which would be the ideal place for an official pricelist) is down for maintenance since a couple of weeks now, potentially due to the overhauling due to the RAAL 1995 re-branding.

Let me just remark that according to 6moons (see snippet below), the European prices are VAT Excluded, so we are talking about >10kEuro end-user prices in most countries here.

1707747761719.png
It’s not a re-branding. Raal-Reqisite still exists and the web-site is still active. This is a new venture by Aleks as part of his move to produce ribbon loudspeakers and these new phones. The website you have referred to is a new site. Aleks will no doubt correct me if this, my understanding, is not correct.

Feb 12, 2024 at 9:50 AM Post #89 of 1,855
It’s not a re-branding. Raal-Reqisite still exists and the web-site is still active. This is a new venture by Aleks as part of his move to produce ribbon loudspeakers and these new phones. The website you have referred to is a new site. Aleks will no doubt correct me if this, my understanding, is not correct.

I was not referring to Raal Requisite, I was referring to the raalribbon.com website, which was there long before Raal Requisite was created, to showcase the work from Alex on ribbon drivers for loudspeakers.

My speculation is that this website would be rebranded as Raal 1995 (again, just speculation on my side), showing the Magna, Immanis and complete loudspeaker systems in due time.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #90 of 1,855
I was not referring to Raal Requisite, I was referring to the raalribbon.com website, which was there long before Raal Requisite was created, to showcase the work from Alex on ribbon drivers for loudspeakers.

My speculation is that this website would be rebranded as Raal 1995 (again, just speculation on my side), showning the Magna, Immanis and complete loudspeaker systems in due time.
Apologies; I see what you mean and I stand corrected. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back