RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 19, 2024 at 7:07 AM Post #1,156 of 1,542
I’m thinking those are questions you should point directly at our friendly dealer at headphone.shop
With Magna and Immanis it’s not a case of replacing the drivers, you replace the complete cup/cups. Alex will no doubt correct me if this has changed since our Heidelberg conversation.
Rather hear it directly from Alex.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #1,157 of 1,542
Rather hear it directly from Alex.
OK, but Thomas is the person who you’ll deal with if you ever buy Magna or Immanis, and Thomas will need to answer any questions from whatever situation arises and will need to apply whatever customer service, business and/or legal issues that arise from an in-warranty or out-of-warranty claim. I must be slow of brain today ‘cos I really don’t understand why you’d rather hear it from Alex when he’s in Serbia and Thomas is in the EU. 🤔

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #1,158 of 1,542
Vendor can help you with your warranty claims but its ultimately the manufacturer who decides about the warranty limits and the repair costs outside of warranty.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #1,159 of 1,542
OK, but Thomas is the person who you’ll deal with if you ever buy Magna or Immanis, and Thomas will need to answer any questions from whatever situation arises and will need to apply whatever customer service, business and/or legal issues that arise from an in-warranty or out-of-warranty claim. I must be slow of brain today ‘cos I really don’t understand why you’d rather hear it from Alex when he’s in Serbia and Thomas is in the EU. 🤔
Thomas would be only your contact for in warranty cases. And there a driver exchange costs zero, as it's covered by warranty.

The question was what a driver exchange costs outside of warranty, and that is something only the manufacturer can answer

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #1,160 of 1,542
Can you tell me more about your experience here?
Which driver and how much.
PM is also fine
An Empyrean driver died outside of warranty for a relative, it was 1200 EUR repair fee (they had to replace both drivers, since they had to match the second one). It was 2022.

From what I read, replacing Elite drivers is 1800 EUR.

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #1,161 of 1,542
An Empyrean driver died outside of warranty for a relative, it was 1200 EUR repair fee (they had to replace both drivers, since they had to match the second one). It was 2022.

From what I read, replacing Elite drivers is 1800 EUR.
That's rough O.o
Luckily Meze has next to no driver failures in the grand scheme of things

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #1,162 of 1,542
Thomas would be only your contact for in warranty cases. And there a driver exchange costs zero, as it's covered by warranty.

The question was what a driver exchange costs outside of warranty, and that is something only the manufacturer can answer
So you’re saying if you have a problem with Immanis outside of the warranty period you will ignore Thomas and you will deal direct with Alex in Serbia?

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #1,163 of 1,542
So you’re saying if you have a problem with Immanis outside of the warranty period you will ignore Thomas and you will deal direct with Alex in Serbia?
Outside of warranty, yes.
Why would I create the extra work of communication and shipping for Thomas when there is no need to?
Let alone the additional shipping costs.

I might contact him beforehand, since I'm a loyal longtime customer, wether this can be handled via goodwill, which will be depending on circumstances. However if not, I don't see why I should create more unnecessary work and costs

Apr 19, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #1,164 of 1,542
Outside of warranty, yes.
Why would I create the extra work of communication and shipping for Thomas when there is no need to?
Let alone the additional shipping costs.

I might contact him beforehand, since I'm a loyal longtime customer, wether this can be handled via goodwill, which will be depending on circumstances. However if not, I don't see why I should create more unnecessary work and costs
Interesting. I’m now very interested in how Alex responds to this. I’m thinking if you bought via headphone.shop Alex will tell you to deal with headphone.shop, that is the role of the dealer irrespective of whether it’s in or out of warranty. I was considering the VAT and customs issues of you sending outside the EU but I think the phones have been designed to have parts replaced rather than repaired, so that’s probably not an issue. So I guess it’s mainly an issue of price of replacement parts once warranty has passed.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,165 of 1,542
Sending and receiving stuff for repair purposes don’t incur in any customs or VAT tax if properly declared. I just had my Zähl HM1 repaired and I didn’t got charged anything for sending or receiving it from Switzerland to Germany.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #1,166 of 1,542
Interesting. I’m now very interested in how Alex responds to this. I’m thinking if you bought via headphone.shop Alex will tell you to deal with headphone.shop, that is the role of the dealer irrespective of whether it’s in or out of warranty. I was considering the VAT and customs issues of you sending outside the EU but I think the phones have been designed to have parts replaced rather than repaired, so that’s probably not an issue. So I guess it’s mainly an issue of price of replacement parts once warranty has passed.
For purposes of tax and customs, a return/repair doesn't cost anything If declared correctly.

However shipping wise I'd have to pay everything out of warranty myself anyways. Which means it would be more economic to ship to Alex directly instead of shipping to Thomas and then paying him to ship it to Alex

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #1,167 of 1,542

The answer to ThanatosVI's question also interests me. At the price of the helmet, a 2-year warranty seems short to me.​

My senior shangri presented an anomaly under warranty (5 years) and I contacted Hifiman directly who gave me the procedure to follow to return them without going through the seller....​

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #1,168 of 1,542
For those of you that were concerned about sound leakage, in the latest 6moons update he say's he couldn't hear anything from a meter away playing music on the stand.

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:39 PM Post #1,169 of 1,542
For those of you that were concerned about sound leakage, in the latest 6moons update he say's he couldn't hear anything from a meter away playing music on the stand.
Hmmm, that is interesting. Others here have posted that there is a large amount of sound leakage, one person even saying that the headphones could be used as desktop speakers. This would definitely be a problem for me so I will keep viewing posts on this thread in hopes of what others are saying.

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #1,170 of 1,542
This is Magna. Let’s see if he says the same when he gets Immanis. His words are very different to those of @simorag who has owned Immanis for several weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back