RAAL 1995 headphones, Magna and Immanis
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:10 AM Post #1,111 of 1,523
Good to see they're starting to ship. I just happened to check in with Danny and David today and I'm 21st in line.
Judging by that maybe I'll have mine in a month or so? Very excited.
If you're 21st in line as of right now, there appears to be zero chance you'll have your headphone(s) in a month. Munich will be over in just under four weeks, and production won't begin until thereafter, as per the timeline laid out above.

Apr 17, 2024 at 1:19 AM Post #1,112 of 1,523
If you're 21st in line as of right now, there appears to be zero chance you'll have your headphone(s) in a month. Munich will be over in just under four weeks, and production won't begin until thereafter, as per the timeline laid out above.
Munich stuff is going on for an entire month?! I didn't get that from the post. I thought Munich was ending now-ish and I was adding a month onto that. Make that two months I guess...

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #1,114 of 1,523
I would suggest you to forget what others say and use what you have and what kind of amps you have always preferred.
The people who preferred them on tube amps, most probably naturally prefer tube amps. I don't think that matching is "better", they just prefer tube sound anyway and these headphones can easily pick up what the amp sends them.
They were developed mostly on Benchmark AHB2 and to a lesser extend the SAEQ Hyperion Ge.
To me, I have yet to hear an amp that beats AHB2 in things that I value the most in aesthetics of sound...everything else is adding flavors to a pure spring water.
Good to hear that the Hyperion Ge is one of the amps the new HPs was developed with. Look forward to listening to them off the Hyperion Ge and HSA-1C in due course. :)

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:07 AM Post #1,116 of 1,523
Kiats will you be doing a demo of the SAEQ Armageddon in the near future? I would be very interested in a comparison with your Hyperion GE.
It is on the cards. Let me recover from my current health issues and recover my strength first. :) Definitely will post impressions when that comes to pass.

Apr 17, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #1,118 of 1,523
Apr 17, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #1,119 of 1,523
I don't even know where I am in the queue! but I do know it'll be worth the wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

on a side note, hoping to get the SAEQ Armageddon on home demo next week to try with the Abyss, Utopia and Solitaire-P.

Apr 17, 2024 at 7:06 PM Post #1,120 of 1,523
I don't even know where I am in the queue! but I do know it'll be worth the wait :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

on a side note, hoping to get the SAEQ Armageddon on home demo next week to try with the Abyss, Utopia and Solitaire-P.
Great things come to those who wait. As someone who waited almost 2 years for my tube amp to be built & delivered, I promise it just (1) gave me time to be absolutely certain of my purchase, and (2) made it feel all the more special when it finally arrived.

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #1,121 of 1,523

Very nice. I just picked up a Sansui Alpha 907MR myself for use with my future RAALs. Basically the pinnacle of Japanese amplification from the 90's when money was flowing and tech designs had no budget. This thing is 33Kg and probably half of that is copper, it's insane. I could probably get my money back just from the scrap value. Copper and silk Silmic capacitors custom made just for this line of amps and some of the best transformers to ever exist. https://audio-database.com/SANSUI/amp/au-alpha907mr-e.html

Wanted to get something unique/special for when the RAALs arrive.

Apr 17, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #1,122 of 1,523
Very nice. I just picked up a Sansui Alpha 907MR myself for use with my future RAALs. Basically the pinnacle of Japanese amplification from the 90's when money was flowing and tech designs had no budget. This thing is 33Kg and probably half of that is copper, it's insane. I could probably get my money back just from the scrap value. Copper and silk Silmic capacitors custom made just for this line of amps and some of the best transformers to ever exist. https://audio-database.com/SANSUI/amp/au-alpha907mr-e.html

that amp looks retro cool! suits the immanis aesthetically and I bet it'll look fab on the rack together. congrats man!

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:30 PM Post #1,123 of 1,523

Look toward to your impressions!

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:35 AM Post #1,124 of 1,523

Wow looks cool! I assume the TI-1b will be connected to the speaker output at the back of Sansui?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back