R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 4, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #3,153 of 4,410
I found it quite effective to apply convolution together with MSEB. However some vocals are happened to have distortion.
Try lowering the gain in the convolver stage

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 4, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #3,155 of 4,410
With any DSP you run the risk of clipping if you don't give it some headroom. In the convolver settings reduce it down. A good starting point is -3db reduce more if needed. You will find some music will need far more than others.

Oct 5, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #3,156 of 4,410
I set the volume at 0.0 . Further down will be - x.x . Which volume level should be optimal? Thanks!
Reduce it by a few dB (to negative if that's what that means) and test that part out to check that the distortion doesn't happen anymore. If reducing this by much doesn't do the trick, there may be another problem. The default btw is -4.5dB.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 5, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #3,159 of 4,410
Oct 6, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #3,161 of 4,410
i wonder if 3.5mm output uses single dac or dual dac too? i know balanced but curious on the single out

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #3,162 of 4,410
I am getting mighty pissed off at Canada Post. All they continue to do is give me the run around. This is all I have for the last tracking update in August. The only tracking info is that from over 6 weeks ago. They admitted the item appears to be lost. I contacted Hiby, and all they say is I should just wait another month for the item to see if it arrives. This is total garbage. I won't be buying anything from China again.

• 2020-08-26 23:30
    Delivering
    Departed country of origin

Oct 7, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #3,163 of 4,410
I am getting mighty pissed off at Canada Post. All they continue to do is give me the run around. This is all I have for the last tracking update in August. The only tracking info is that from over 6 weeks ago. They admitted the item appears to be lost. I contacted Hiby, and all they say is I should just wait another month for the item to see if it arrives. This is total garbage. I won't be buying anything from China again.

Delivering

You pissed at Canada post and won’t getting anything from China ?

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:40 PM Post #3,164 of 4,410

Delivering

Have you registered a dispute on Aliexpress? I did with my Urbanfun ISSO14. Two sets eventually made it to me...after 3 months in transit. Was refunded my money and ended up getting 2 sets for free. Also live in Canada and have had huge problems in the past with getting timely delivery from Canada Post. Best thing you can do, is register a dispute on Aliexpress to get your money back. Once you do, there's a good chance that your item will eventually arrive. Even if it doesn't...you still got your money back.

Oct 9, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #3,165 of 4,410
In the past 10 days, my R5 has twice shown the android on his back screen when powered on. I was able to get it running both times, but I’m wondering why this is happening and if it’s a sign of a failing unit. 😒

Users who are viewing this thread

Back