R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Jun 2, 2020 at 2:28 AM Post #2,312 of 4,410
I think the Hidizs AP80 & AP80 Pro have FM

https://www.hidizs.net/products/ap80-pro

Thank you. AP80 Pro indeed does offer FM. I need help finding out if the side buttons could be used to jump among FM presets - AP80 non-pro version can't allow side buttons for the same as per a user on its forum. If AP80 Pro does, the pick needs to be made between the same and HiBy R5 - which one might be a better DAP?

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:37 AM Post #2,313 of 4,410
As per Amazon, HiBy R5 offers FM Radio. Could you please confirm the same looking at your DAP? If yes, could the side buttons be used to jump from one FM preset station to another?
i have r5, and i dont see any fm tuner app inside the r5, tried some of the apps in the play store, non are actually FM tuners, all are web stream of fm stations

checking on official site for specifications is the most accurate, amazon sometimes just b.s things that just aren't there

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #2,316 of 4,410
for that to work, it also needs hardware for FM inside the source, that's why modern phones mostly dont have fm ability anymore

That's why I have an LG V30 as a media only device (don't use as a phone). FM radio, quad-dac, etc. Hell, it even has HDR video and standby battery life for days...

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #2,317 of 4,410
I'm experiencing sound artifacts when using USB Dac mode. There are cracks every minute or so, similar to when needle jumps on a vinyl.
Anyone having this issue? It is present when using Tidal windows app.

try another USB cable
Happens with official cable from HiBy as well.
Sometimes it's more obvious, sometimes less. Nobody else experincing this?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #2,318 of 4,410
are you on pc or laptop or a usb hub?

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #2,320 of 4,410
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #2,321 of 4,410

I have the same issue as well when using as a DAC. This happens on Windows PC - Tidal app and Roon. Also happens with Linux powered Intel NUC running Roonbridge and a Raspberry Pi running RoPiee. Still in the middle of trouble-shooting, tried all the obvious, swapping cables and using different ports on the computer, issue doesn't happen with other DACs used in the same way.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #2,322 of 4,410
Mine was fine when I tested it on my PC and Pi with Roon but I did not do an extensive test. Will try again and see.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #2,323 of 4,410
I have the same issue as well when using as a DAC. This happens on Windows PC - Tidal app and Roon. Also happens with Linux powered Intel NUC running Roonbridge and a Raspberry Pi running RoPiee. Still in the middle of trouble-shooting, tried all the obvious, swapping cables and using different ports on the computer, issue doesn't happen with other DACs used in the same way.
Yup, I was able to use M11 previously very often with my laptop in DAC mode, no issues whatsoever. The only difference Fiio had a windows driver(actually rather an app) to control USB DAC mode.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #2,325 of 4,410
Plugged it into my NuC Roon endpoint smooth as butter, no clicks or anything. Played a number of different sample rates and MQA all works as advertised. Using the supplied cable to. Can't use on pc as not installed the unsigned drivers to get it to work.

You on latest firmware?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back