R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 2, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #844 of 4,421
What dap were you using before? Maybe you had a warmer source.
I had fiio x3ii for a long time then dx120 for a week or so had to return it pause and next track buttons were malfunctioning for last couple of days just phone g7, i mean either this thing is extremely detailed sounding or some problem because its the same songs but somethings different about them ,may be i am not used to this level of details comming at me.
Anyway to measure the dap output graph without needing special equipment?

Also i want to try some other players like jetaudio or newtron what u guys suggest.

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #845 of 4,421
I had fiio x3ii for a long time then dx120 for a week or so had to return it pause and next track buttons were malfunctioning for last couple of days just phone g7, i mean either this thing is extremely detailed sounding or some problem because its the same songs but somethings different about them ,may be i am not used to this level of details comming at me.
Anyway to measure the dap output graph without needing special equipment?

Also i want to try some other players like jetaudio or newtron what u guys suggest.

Yes it's really detailed and more neutral than the fiio x3ii and dx120. You could try neutron as I think it sounds a touch warmer than the hiby player and has an excellent eq system. You don't have mseb on by chance do you?

Oct 2, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #846 of 4,421
If problem occurs, why not announce to the public so we know the company didn't want to lie to customers. This is a bit serious for reputation of the company. Do not promise and just ignore if it fail. Be professional please.
I've received further details on this. Programming has been completed on our end and we were waiting for final certification from the MQA end. There is of course no publicizable documentation or correspondence we can reveal to this end, other than MQA's original announcement that the R5 would be MQA-enabled in September, but these are the facts.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 2, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #847 of 4,421
I've received further details on this. Programming has been completed on our end and we were waiting for final certification from the MQA end. There is of course no publicizable documentation or correspondence we can reveal to this end, other than MQA's original announcement that the R5 would be MQA-enabled in September, but these are the facts.
Don't sweat it. No doubt that every second and minute is important to some, but product development and partner behavior is not completely predictable. The implication that maybe someone would assume a lie was involved because you were a day or two late in giving an update is just an example of 3-sigma behavior...

Having said that, it probably would be a good idea to maintain a list of dates when something, from an announcement to a release is committed and have your Calendar program give you a ping.

Oct 2, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #848 of 4,421
Oct 2, 2019 at 9:10 PM Post #849 of 4,421
Yep lots of stuff gets delayed pending licensing. I don't think anyone can even tell the difference from the first unfold to the final anyways. We'll all survive, I promise :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #850 of 4,421
If problem occurs, why not announce to the public so we know the company didn't want to lie to customers. This is a bit serious for reputation of the company. Do not promise and just ignore if it fail. Be professional please.

To be fair, you posted this on October 1st, and as you you can see from Joe's response, if you simply ask in the dedicated thread, the company's rep will update you after he asks around. Being a day or even a week late on a software update isn't going to tank a company, nor will it affect their reputation in any way. Things happen when stuff gets licensed out. The process takes time.

Oct 3, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #851 of 4,421
I'm using UAPP and find it strange that the driver is downsampling DSD256 to output around 176kHz. Maybe I have some settings wrong? Also, does the Hiby player show the output sample rate?
Also hearing some seriously loud crackling when using "HiRes Direct" driver.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #852 of 4,421
Thank you very much for not letting me down. Truely R5 fan.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #853 of 4,421
Just received a pair of AKG K371 closed backs and have paired them with the R5. Can only run them single ended as AKGs aren't wired for balanced connections. Has a singled ended 3 pin-xlr removable cable with a single ended 3.5mm plug for your source. The headphone uses a 50mm dynamic driver. Just started listening with the R5 and they sound fantastic!! The R5 drives them effortlessly as they are a 32ohm headphone. A very flat/balanced Harmon neutral sound. Non-fatiguing. I can listen to these for hours. Perfect for those long flights! If you are looking for a nice closed back portable headphone to pair with the R5 this is a great choice.
20191003_083125.jpg

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #854 of 4,421
For the moondrop you should try different tips. I had the same issue with the KXXS
so i tried adjusting the tips and it helped the kanas pro has a problem, the tip wont stay on the ridge what tips did you try or prefer

Charging time with lg g7 charger in 73 mins from 30% to 100% , idle battery usage is very nice in 6 days 9 hrs it used 8% according to android

Yes it's really detailed and more neutral than the fiio x3ii and dx120. You could try neutron as I think it sounds a touch warmer than the hiby player and has an excellent eq system. You don't have mseb on by chance do you?

i will try neutron it looks like i will use the peq quite a bit to tune isines

Oct 3, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #855 of 4,421
so i tried adjusting the tips and it helped the kanas pro has a problem, the tip wont stay on the ridge what tips did you try or prefer

Charging time with lg g7 charger in 73 mins from 30% to 100% , idle battery usage is very nice in 6 days 9 hrs it used 8% according to android

i will try neutron it looks like i will use the peq quite a bit to tune isines

PEQ on neutron is insane. Glad you got the Kanas sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back