R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 27, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #736 of 4,421
I have heard some good news here :)
you made me smile :)

Do you have a direct email to them somewhere? Because
I found some contact addresses for US:

For general inquiries, you should email primary@amazon.com.

Amazon's customer service Twitter account is @amazonhelp.
Their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Amazon.
On Instagram, they're @amazon.
Quickest way, but no idea if that works out for you, is by phone, there I only foud the US number: 1-888-280-4331.

Thanks for investigating there !

Sep 27, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #738 of 4,421
you made me smile :)

I found some contact addresses for US:

For general inquiries, you should email primary@amazon.com.

Amazon's customer service Twitter account is @amazonhelp.
Their Facebook page is www.facebook.com/Amazon.
On Instagram, they're @amazon.
Quickest way, but no idea if that works out for you, is by phone, there I only foud the US number: 1-888-280-4331.

Thanks for investigating there !

I'll get on the Amazon thing too. I'll call them a bit later and see if they can pass the info on- I know the 'tech' person isn't going to be able to help much, if I can even understand them.

Joe has more pull I'm sure, but I figure it can't hurt.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #740 of 4,421
I'll get on the Amazon thing too. I'll call them a bit later and see if they can pass the info on- I know the 'tech' person isn't going to be able to help much, if I can even understand them.

Joe has more pull I'm sure, but I figure it can't hurt.
It will be no pain, yes. and The Customer Support told me, the more people request things, the earlier they re looking into it. the topics are mostly rated by affectred customers.
so.. we will be a small group i guess. but everyone complaining will help.

And yes. if a hardware/software company like Hiby states some painpoints, that should be more effective :)

The sum of it all will make it I hope.

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #741 of 4,421
@Joe Bloggs For those of us in the UK that want to order the Hiby R5 but don't want to order through Hiby store in case of issue down the line and return process being fairly arduous.Unless you know of any UK way of sorting issue?

Will the R5 be on sale via Amazon UK anytime soon as other brands are becoming available such as ibasso dx160, Fiio M11 pro, and Shanling M6.

I like the style and form factor of the Hiby R5 and battery life also hence the questions above.
Thank you again I hope to hear of good news

Also to the guys who have the R5 already what's the usage hours from 100% to near zero I know it's all different etc but just trying to guage?

Thanks

Sep 27, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #742 of 4,421
Got my R5 today first impression(not about sound as i didnt bring card to office) the device is so cute its small when compared to a phone i never used android in such small device, the icons are small feels like a toy.
Screen is nice since our main focus is sound.
Bezzelless 4 inch fells so small in hand, it feels similar to a entry level dap like fiioX3 and lighter

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #743 of 4,421
@Joe Bloggs For those of us in the UK that want to order the Hiby R5 but don't want to order through Hiby store in case of issue down the line and return process being fairly arduous.Unless you know of any UK way of sorting issue?

Will the R5 be on sale via Amazon UK anytime soon as other brands are becoming available such as ibasso dx160, Fiio M11 pro, and Shanling M6.

I like the style and form factor of the Hiby R5 and battery life also hence the questions above.
Thank you again I hope to hear of good news

Also to the guys who have the R5 already what's the usage hours from 100% to near zero I know it's all different etc but just trying to guage?

Thanks

Amp3 very kindly handled my return on my first r6 so guessing they will be getting them in at some point. Sooner the better.

Sep 27, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #744 of 4,421
system wide PEQ would be nice too :)

Sep 27, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #745 of 4,421
Hi,
I am really enjoying my R5 with my new iBasso iT04 IEMs. I don't think I understand balanced cables.
I bought a 4.4mm adapter in order to plug my new IEMs into the balanced jack on the R5. Result: No sound.
What am I missing.
Help appreciated very much.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #746 of 4,421
Hi,
I am really enjoying my R5 with my new iBasso iT04 IEMs. I don't think I understand balanced cables.
I bought a 4.4mm adapter in order to plug my new IEMs into the balanced jack on the R5. Result: No sound.
What am I missing.
Help appreciated very much.
Yeah, that won't work. Hopefully you didn't short anything out.

You need a balanced cable for the headphones, either 2.5 and then use the 4.4 adapter (they are generally a bit cheaper), or a 4.4 cable in your particular flavor to match your endpoint -- MMCX, 2-pin, QDC, etc. The difference is that the grounds are separated, where in a standard 3.5 cable they are combined (hopefully I got that right, I know someone will correct me if I didn't). Only the higher-end IEMs generally are available with a stock balanced cable, but that's not a big deal in most cases because you can replace them unless your set has fixed cables (there are some, like the Periodic line). You can find balanced cables on Amazon and AliExpress, and a lot of other places. I wouldn't pay a lot for one (about $20-$30 depending on where you're buying from) unless you have lots of spare income. If that happens to be the case, boy, have you come to the right website!

The two jacks on the bottom of the R5 are not the same! The benefit to "recabling" your headphones is that you can use them on standard equipment that doesn't have a balanced plug with another adapter. Yeah, you're going to have a lot of adapters. :darthsmile:

Sep 27, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #747 of 4,421
Yeah, that won't work. Hopefully you didn't short anything out.

You need a balanced cable for the headphones, either 2.5 and then use the 4.4 adapter (they are generally a bit cheaper), or a 4.4 cable in your particular flavor to match your endpoint -- MMCX, 2-pin, QDC, etc. The difference is that the grounds are separated, where in a standard 3.5 cable they are combined (hopefully I got that right, I know someone will correct me if I didn't). Only the higher-end IEMs generally are available with a stock balanced cable, but that's not a big deal in most cases because you can replace them unless your set has fixed cables (there are some, like the Periodic line). You can find balanced cables on Amazon and AliExpress, and a lot of other places. I wouldn't pay a lot for one (about $20-$30 depending on where you're buying from) unless you have lots of spare income. If that happens to be the case, boy, have you come to the right website!

The two jacks on the bottom of the R5 are not the same! The benefit to "recabling" your headphones is that you can use them on standard equipment that doesn't have a balanced plug with another adapter. Yeah, you're going to have a lot of adapters. :darthsmile:

Super helpful. Thanks a lot!!

Sep 27, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #748 of 4,421
I contacted amazon today about the hd music issue- the max bit depth being wrongly reported as 44khz by their app.

Anyways she was trying to be helpful but pretty much said it was my headphones or my internet connection or the device. I just told her the device supports the higher bit depths and it's a software issue somewhere down the line. And I asked her to please forward it to their software team/engineers and that hiby will be in touch sometime.

So hopefully.... this was the canned response letter they sent. Bla bla bla

Screenshot_20190927-174732_Email.jpg

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #749 of 4,421
I contacted amazon today about the hd music issue- the max bit depth being wrongly reported as 44khz by their app.

Anyways she was trying to be helpful but pretty much said it was my headphones or my internet connection or the device. I just told her the device supports the higher bit depths and it's a software issue somewhere down the line. And I asked her to please forward it to their software team/engineers and that hiby will be in touch sometime.

So hopefully.... this was the canned response letter they sent. Bla bla bla

Haha I got the same lower part of the email as a response. Seems to be something from a knowledge base.
Sigh... Let's hope the best.. I will send a feedback and request from my girlfriends account also

Sep 27, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #750 of 4,421
Haha I got the same lower part of the email as a response. Seems to be something from a knowledge base.
Sigh... Let's hope the best.. I will send a feedback and request from my girlfriends account also

I could do that too :) well I think one way or another it will get rectified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back