R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 21, 2019 at 7:13 PM Post #663 of 4,410
I didn't read that, anything about twister. and he also said the treble on the r6pro sounded like the r5, I don't agree with either statement. But like I said, ymmv. And we all hear things differently. I found the treble a bit rolled off on the r6pro, and I'm not fond of the SE out of the r5.

Hey at least you can return it.

Oh, and yes I read your post before you edited the twister part in :wink: so that's why I was confused.

You're fast.

Sep 21, 2019 at 7:16 PM Post #664 of 4,410
This thread is running rings around this old guy here! :sweat_smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #669 of 4,410
From what I've experienced both with IEMs and cans, the difference between SE and balanced is significant and I'm using it almost exclusively, since most of my gear has balanced cables. It's also noticeably better SQ than the R3, which was no slouch. I actually like the R3 better than the Fiio Q5. But to each their own.

Sep 21, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #670 of 4,410
I agree that something more resolving than the OH10 may be needed to clearly discern the difference between DAPs. Sometimes it’s about the pairing also. I can tell you from my experience though that my Oriolus Mk2s are waaaayyy better at revealing differences in DAPs than my EPH 200s

Sep 21, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #671 of 4,410
I agree that something more resolving than the OH10 may be needed to clearly discern the difference between DAPs. Sometimes it’s about the pairing also. I can tell you from my experience though that my Oriolus Mk2s are waaaayyy better at revealing differences in DAPs than my EPH 200s

You've heard the OH10?

Is it true that the Mk2 sounds very similar to the newer FH5?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #672 of 4,410
I’ll say this too.. Being that the Oriolus Mk2 tells the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, it’s telling me that the balanced input on the R5 has a helluva lot less hiss than that of the dx150. This is somewhat upsetting considering I paid 200$ more for the dx150. Consider also that Hiby somehow figured out how to not only make the balanced output this quiet, but also powerful, as it drives the HD6xx (a 300 ohm HP) nicely. This is quite a feat imo especially at this price point. I also get MSEB on the R5, with which fine tuning settings of various sound characteristics is a beautiful experience. The dx150 doesn’t have a DSP anywhere near this capability, neither does Sony, or Fiio for that matter. There’s full access and high res capability with any third party apps because of DTA with the R5, which I also don’t have on the dx150. Keeping all of this in mind it also runs smoothly with nary a hiccup since I started using it. This DAP is full of win. Hard to see why people would complain about it. But to each his/her own

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #673 of 4,410
You've heard the OH10?

Is it true that the Mk2 is sounds very similar to the newer FH5?

I haven’t heard the OH10. Being that it can be had for 200$, I would have to hear it to believe it’s as resolving as the Mk2. I read some of the reviews on Amazon which are stellar, but again I’d have to hear it for myself.

I haven’t heard the FH5 so I wouldn’t know. I can tell you that the Mk2 is a special iem, one with enormous capability across the frequency range without being harsh.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #674 of 4,410
Has anyone noticed any email security issues since starting to use their R5? I loaded Amazon Music and Tidal on my R5, which uses my primary email address, and within a week my primary email started getting significant attempts from all over the world trying to sync to my email account. I even have my credit monitoring service throwing warning flags that my email has been compromised. Not saying it is directly correlated, but it does seem awfully suspicious and a big coincidence. I am actually considering returning the hiby.

Sep 22, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #675 of 4,410
Has anyone noticed any email security issues since starting to use their R5? I loaded Amazon Music and Tidal on my R5, which uses my primary email address, and within a week my primary email started getting significant attempts from all over the world trying to sync to my email account. I even have my credit monitoring service throwing warning flags that my email has been compromised. Not saying it is directly correlated, but it does seem awfully suspicious and a big coincidence. I am actually considering returning the hiby.

No problems here, but there are so many ways for your email to get hacked. Change your email password asap, if you didn't already. My aol got hacked about a year ago and my Amazon account, and paypal and apple accounts all got hacked.

I had my business banking account linked to my amazon account which had large sums of money in it. It was a real pain in the ass, because I waited too long to change that email password.

Luckily they took nothing, but they kept changing my passwords on my accounts- and I was freaking out. So if I ever get any inkling of anything funny with my email accounts I'm changing the password asap.

That wasn't even my primary account, but I had apple, sony, paypal, and Amazon accounts before I started using gmail, and those accounts were linked to aol.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back