R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Sep 19, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #631 of 4,410
I like the black, and the grey looks cool, but I'd rather have red,azure, or purple than gold. Actually I'd rather have midnight blue than azure.
1+ for Midnight Blue!!

Sep 19, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #635 of 4,410
Exactly that is wha I wanted to ask today also.. would be extremely cool if we could use that with root without issues. ir alternatively more preferred get MSEB Systemwide included.
That would be a game-changer....I don't know if it's technically possible, but that would make the R5 a killer DAP. MSEB is awesome enough on its own, but being able to apply it to any audio playback on the R5? Amazing.Set it and forget it.

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:19 AM Post #638 of 4,410
Just plugged in my DT770 Pro 80ohm cans and the R5 is driving them without any hiccups. (3.5mm SE, high gain) This is definitely a pocket rocket! Very impressed with the amount of output this thing has on the 3.5mm output alone. I have a balanced 4.4m Sennheiser cable arriving today so I can't wait to throw my 6XXs on this monster! So glad I took the plunge on this DAP.

I was trying to decide between this or the DX160, but when I read about the Rockchip shortcomings it became clear this was the right DAP for me. Couldn't be happier with my decision! It should be able to drive most any headphone in my collection with maybe the exception of my ZMF Classics (Fostex T50RPs). This thing is leaps and bounds better than the R3!! Offline for Tidal and Qobuz is working flawlessly! Hiby have a real winner here!!

20190919_095555.jpg

Sep 19, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #641 of 4,410
This little dynamo drives the HD6xx with an authority that I’ve never encountered in a DAP. The R5 from the balanced output is just phenomenal.

Sep 19, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #642 of 4,410
On here you mostly either have people nitpicking stuff to death- driving themselves mental, or flowing praise from the audio heavens. So if you heap praise on something, you're of course a shill and if you nitpick too much you're a hater.

And god forgive if you get something at a discount or free and give the item praise. :wink:

You HAVE to be extremely biased, unless you're like hbb who just doesn't give a ****. Ha ha, sarcasm.

However, this little dap is one of the instances where the praise is due. It's a fantastic well built little powerhouse. And I luckily (or not) never had any real sluggishness or excess heat or standby problems out of the box, so for me it was friggin fantastic. Not perfect, but for my use it pretty much is.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #643 of 4,410
On here you mostly either have people nitpicking stuff to death- driving themselves mental, or flowing praise from the audio heavens. So if you heap praise on something, you're of course a shill and if you nitpick too much you're a hater.

And god forgive if you get something at a discount or free and give the item praise. :wink:

You HAVE to be extremely biased, unless you're like hbb who just doesn't give a ****. Ha ha, sarcasm.

However, this little dap is one of the instances where the praise is due. It's a fantastic well built little powerhouse. And I luckily (or not) never had any real sluggishness or excess heat or standby problems out of the box, so for me it was friggin fantastic. Not perfect, but for my use it pretty much is.

shill!!! :D

I'm in the same boat as you. I see where the limitations are with the R5, but it's working perfectly for my use case.

Sep 19, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #644 of 4,410
shill!!! :D

I'm in the same boat as you. I see where the limitations are with the R5, but it's working perfectly for my use case.

Lol I'm just making a point that not all reviewers are full of crap and shills. And no dap is perfect, and like I said, compared to what I've used before at this compact size this thing rocks, hell even compared with bigger more $$ daps this is my favorite.

It sounds great, is smooth and has decent battery life and everything I've tried- streaming, bluetooth, dac mode, and other apps has worked flawlessly.

And I don't mind pointing out limitations of daps, but yammering on and on about something that's not going to change- like say the m11 not having play store access, gets tiring. People went on and on about that, and it was explained why (by fiio) it couldn't happen. And it was made clear up front also.

But yet people went on and on about it, voice your dislike once- in this case it wouldn't matter fiio's hands were tied, and then either buy it or get the **** out and get something that works for you :wink: simple.

Lol

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 6:12 AM Post #645 of 4,410

Users who are viewing this thread

Back