R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Nov 11, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #3,288 of 4,410
I just downloaded the update but don't see how to implement this new volume feature.
inside audio option, you set a volume for line out, and another for headphone out, so when you say put it 100 on line out and 45 on phone out, when you plug in the jack while on phone out, it will be set at 45, vice versa

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #3,289 of 4,410
inside audio option, you set a volume for line out, and another for headphone out, so when you say put it 100 on line out and 45 on phone out, when you plug in the jack while on phone out, it will be set at 45, vice versa
I just updated and tried setting the single ended to line out at 95, then changed it to PO and set the volume at 33, but when I switch between line and PO the volume doesn't change accordingly, it just stays at whatever I last set it to.
I don't see separate vol' sliders or anything, so the way you suggest it works seems like how it must be, but I too can't see how to ensure line out stays @95 and PO stays at whatever vol' I was last listening at.

I'd like the 3.5mm LO to stay at 95, and both POs to remain set to whatever vol' I was last listening at (I have no balanced leads for 4.4mm LO, so that's not something I'm likely to use anyway). How are you achieving this?

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #3,290 of 4,410
I just updated and tried setting the single ended to line out at 95, then changed it to PO and set the volume at 33, but when I switch between line and PO the volume doesn't change accordingly, it just stays at whatever I last set it to.
I don't see separate vol' sliders or anything, so the way you suggest it works seems like how it must be, but I too can't see how to ensure line out stays @95 and PO stays at whatever vol' I was last listening at.

I'd like the 3.5mm LO to stay at 95, and both POs to remain set to whatever vol' I was last listening at (I have no balanced leads for 4.4mm LO, so that's not something I'm likely to use anyway). How are you achieving this?
you need to plug in an iem before setting it up, same with the 4.4

Nov 11, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #3,293 of 4,410
Anyone else get an android error while trying to update?

Nov 11, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #3,297 of 4,410
I have to say that this is an awesome DAP. Anyone who says this unit is warm sounding and not neutral really should get their hearing checked. The signature of this unit is very neutral, with a tight, fast, and extended bass response. There is just a hair of warmth present in the lower mids which gives this unit a nice, realistic, and musical sound. This unit is similar in sound profile to the R3 Pro, which is already a good unit for its price. However, the R5 just flat out sounds more punchy, engaging, and dynamic, and has better treble detail. I can't imagine anyone buying this and not being impressed with its sound quality.

Edit: I ended up doing the update to the 1.92 firmware today. It installed without any issues. People should be aware that you need to remove the SD card tray when you do over the air firmware updates. If you don't, the firmware update will give an error and refuse to install.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #3,299 of 4,410
I have to say that this is an awesome DAP. Anyone who says this unit is warm sounding and not neutral really should get their hearing checked. The signature of this unit is very neutral, with a tight, fast, and extended bass response. There is just a hair of warmth present in the lower mids which gives this unit a nice, realistic, and musical sound. This unit is similar in sound profile to the R3 Pro, which is already a good unit for its price. However, the R5 just flat out sounds more punchy, engaging, and dynamic, and has better treble detail. I can't imagine anyone buying this and not being impressed with its sound quality.

Edit: I ended up doing the update to the 1.92 firmware today. It installed without any issues. People should be aware that you need to remove the SD card tray when you do over the air firmware updates. If you don't, the firmware update will give an error and refuse to install.

Agreed on the worthiness of the R5. 👍 I updated my R5 yesterday and had no issues with the tray being inserted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back