R.I.P Steve Jobs>> The Podfather!!!
Oct 6, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #17 of 37
X2

Quote:

What a sad day for the technology industry.This is a company that prides itself on individuality, creativity, pride in their products, and positive attitude.This is a company that truly cares so much about the customer experience and making people happy, not just trying to get them to buy something. Apple isn't successful because of their commercials and traditional advertising, they are succe...ssful because people love the products, recommend them to everyone they know, and keep coming back.The iPod changed the entire music industry, the iTunes store has become the largest distributer of music in the world, Apple Retail makes more money per square foot than anyone, the iPhone forced the phone industry to step up their game and create similar products, and the iPad has forced the computer industry to try and catch up in much the same way the iPhone did to phone makers. They are also making strong strides forward on the personal computer side.You can hate Apple all you want, but the numbers and the history of the last 10 years don't lie. Apple has forced the rest of the technology world to pick it up and move forward. Steve Jobs was a major force behind that and I fear the worst for Apple now.

Oct 6, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #20 of 37
I appreciate what Jobs did.

My audiophile journey really began with the ipod mini. Before that, I almost only listened to music in the car or stereo at home. Not that I didn't love music but I never had a community of people around who cared about sound in music, like I do on these forums. Since I was in school at the time, the thought of having all of my favorite cds on one device was promising. And then I learned about bit rates. And then apple buds were replaced by my first Sony buds and then there was an etymotic er6i and around then there was headfi.org. But if I had never had the freedom to spend so much time and attention listening to music in quiet environments while studying instead of music being background noise, I don't know that I would have an audiophile journey. I know there were other mp3 players, but the ipod mini made the mp3 accessible to me and lots of others. It is quite possible that without the ipod, I would have never enjoyed so much music at such high quality.

(On a less serious note, I also appreciate apple including the crappy buds. Perhaps, they did as much to open my ears to the potential of good sounding music as the ipod itself did. Only in a very different way...)

Oct 6, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #21 of 37
Just found this quote and thought it was kinda cool

"There may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of world learned of his passing on a device he invented." - President Obama

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #22 of 37
RIP Steve! 
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #24 of 37
Well said @ imackler... I don't see the point in all of this hatred and anger toward the late-Steve Jobs. I just don't get it. And I'm not worshiping the man either, but credit should be given where credit is due.

Quote:
I appreciate what Jobs did.

My audiophile journey really began with the ipod mini. Before that, I almost only listened to music in the car or stereo at home. Not that I didn't love music but I never had a community of people around who cared about sound in music, like I do on these forums. Since I was in school at the time, the thought of having all of my favorite cds on one device was promising. And then I learned about bit rates. And then apple buds were replaced by my first Sony buds and then there was an etymotic er6i and around then there was headfi.org. But if I had never had the freedom to spend so much time and attention listening to music in quiet environments while studying instead of music being background noise, I don't know that I would have an audiophile journey. I know there were other mp3 players, but the ipod mini made the mp3 accessible to me and lots of others. It is quite possible that without the ipod, I would have never enjoyed so much music at such high quality.

(On a less serious note, I also appreciate apple including the crappy buds. Perhaps, they did as much to open my ears to the potential of good sounding music as the ipod itself did. Only in a very different way...)

Oct 6, 2011 at 10:13 AM Post #25 of 37

X2
Quote:
Just found this quote and thought it was kinda cool

"There may be no greater tribute to Steve’s success than the fact that much of world learned of his passing on a device he invented." - President Obama

Oct 6, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #28 of 37

Whether you like the man or not, please show him respect as his influence on us have been huge. 

RIP Steve Jobs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back