R.I.P Steve Jobs>> The Podfather!!!
Oct 5, 2011 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

ericp10

Sits up all night comparing IEMs.
Love or hate his products, he is a significant reason why many of us suffer through this expensive hobby in finding IEMs that complement and bring out the best sound in many of Apple's products. Let's see where the company will go from here?

Oct 5, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 37
If you think about it, apple's tech isn't so far ahead of other companies, it has good design and UI,  that's about it although these two are the most important else well, so props for knowing what consumer really what. Apple has hit their tech ceiling a long time ago, take nano for example, nano3 contained all the tech there is, nano4 changed the form factor, nano5 added a camera, just for the sake of change and get more sales, they turned nano6 into touch screen which is tech from touch. Now there is nano7 because apparently they have run out of their tricks and there is no new tech available.

So Jobs is innovator in marketing, if you want tech go with Tesla instead.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 37
RIP Steve Jobs. 

My Macbook Pro actually randomly turned off for no reason around the same time the news struck the internet.. Freaky much.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #6 of 37
I managed to get myself 'sin binned' from another forum for taking a few idiots to task over this. One of the cardinal rules of civilised behaviour is that you dont kick someone when they are down - pretty low to mock those who feel saddened by Jobs' passing, IMO. The mods on that forum are deleting posts as quickly as they are being added - some really unfortunate people seem to crawl out from under rocks when something like this happens.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #7 of 37

Quote:
If you think about it, apple's tech isn't so far ahead of other companies, it has good design and UI,  that's about it although these two are the most important else well, so props for knowing what consumer really what. Apple has hit their tech ceiling a long time ago, take nano for example, nano3 contained all the tech there is, nano4 changed the form factor, nano5 added a camera, just for the sake of change and get more sales, they turned nano6 into touch screen which is tech from touch. Now there is nano7 because apparently they have run out of their tricks and there is no new tech available.

So Jobs is innovator in marketing, if you want tech go with Tesla instead.

Yeah, I don't have to think about it. Apple is far ahead of all companies - that's why they're apple. That's why everyone rips them off. Oh, and nice example with the nano. Not. 
Apple, every year is one of the most innovative companies on the planet. See that word there - INNOVATIVE. That to me is what separates Apple from all companies - including some company i've never heard of - Tesla. Pfff.
RIP Steve. You were the man and the greatest mind of my generation. 
P.S. Typing this on my Macbook Pro.
P.S.S. I've owned countless brands of mp3, flac players - still using my 80gig iPod Video Rockboxed. Nice.

Bottom line is I agree with Estreeter - Jobs is no longer here - there's no room for your posts about how Apple sucks in your eyes. This thread is for the greatness of Steve. Let's keep it that way mods. Period. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #8 of 37
Although I  was not a fan of everything from apple , I'm still sad for this death. The guy has influenced a lot the industry, renewed interest for smart phones , and more recently for tablet pc.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #9 of 37
Love or hate him and his products, Jobs was a marketing genius, and his products made an impact on the world like very few others during our time now. I give credit where credit is due. That's not to say that no one came along with better or greater innovations, but few have the same impact on the world as Jobs and his Apple company. That's my only point and my opinion.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 37
I really hope that Apple takes a turn for the better, not for the worse. I hope Tim Cook either continues or improves upon what Apple and Steve Jobs has been doing. It would be a shame to see such a big company go downhill.

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #11 of 37

What a sad day for the technology industry.
This is a company that prides itself on individuality, creativity, pride in their products, and positive attitude.
This is a company that truly cares so much about the customer experience and making people happy, not just trying to get them to buy something. Apple isn't successful because of their commercials and traditional advertising, they are succe...ssful because people love the products, recommend them to everyone they know, and keep coming back.

The iPod changed the entire music industry, the iTunes store has become the largest distributer of music in the world, Apple Retail makes more money per square foot than anyone, the iPhone forced the phone industry to step up their game and create similar products, and the iPad has forced the computer industry to try and catch up in much the same way the iPhone did to phone makers. They are also making strong strides forward on the personal computer side.

You can hate Apple all you want, but the numbers and the history of the last 10 years don't lie. Apple has forced the rest of the technology world to pick it up and move forward. Steve Jobs was a major force behind that and I fear the worst for Apple now.

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #14 of 37
There is more than ONE in some fora .... 
eek.gif

Oh well, at least we arent modded to death like some places I've been banned from. Er, I mean some places I no longer visit .....

Oct 6, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:
still using my 80gig iPod Video Rockboxed. Nice.

I just bought an 80gb Video a month ago and have rockboxed it. Its excellent and I really like it. But it made me realize the classic as it is now is a real upgrade for most. Compared to the ultra picky but great sounding Video; the Classic has twice the output power and plays nicer with much more headphones than the Video does. The eq's don't clip and although the uneq'ed sound is bland, its also much smoother than the aggressive Video. The eq's on the classic never clip and there is always an eq that really works. I tend to use treble booster, its great with my S4.

RIP Steve Jobs, The man really knew his stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back