Quit Smoking
Sep 14, 2003 at 4:57 PM Post #31 of 39
Noooo, I smoked 2 yesterday. That morning coffee did it, grrrr..
but then I showered, patched and was fine all day.
I wont call this a failure, considering it was my first weekend and my smoker-hubby was home all day.
We'll call it a minor-setback.
Last time we quit together but he complained too much
eek.gif
so this time Im doing it on my own.
It's weird how different they tasted after only 3 days, it reminded me of those high school days, when I was forcing myself to like it.

Mr.PD, come join us when you're ready, you already had a 3 month success, so it's totally doable.

Darkclouds, good job! the first three weeks are very difficult, but you're done with it! Your lungs must be healing by now.

Getting a little workout in the morning made a huge difference in the amount of cravings I'm getting.
Thanks again for the encouraging words.
Gigi.

Sep 14, 2003 at 6:32 PM Post #32 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by iGig

It's weird how different they tasted after only 3 days, it reminded me of those high school days, when I was forcing myself to like it.

yup. sometimes i will "quit" for a week or so, and the first cigarette back will be heaven(headbuzz). Or it could taste like crap and not really give me a buzz.

i think the best way to quit is to think of that Tomacco episode of the simpsons.

Sep 14, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #33 of 39
I'm lucky not to have this problem. I always feel uncomfortable near those who smokes. Anyway, good luck for u guys. Whenever you have a craving for smoking, just put on your headphone and relax. I hope this will work!

Purk

Sep 15, 2003 at 5:47 AM Post #35 of 39
I'm done as of midnight (so 45 minutes ago) I still have 5 cigarretes left though. I'm allowing myself to smoke them at work and no place else. And when those 5 are done, I'm done. I will not buy another pack of cigarettes.

I've decided that when I get bad cravings, I'm going to find other beneficial activities to keep me occupied: praying, doing homwork, masturbating (its good for your health), and doing anything that needs to be done instead of procrastinating.

Wish me luck guys, cause this next month is going to be tough, and I'll need it.

Sep 15, 2003 at 6:19 AM Post #36 of 39
dohminator,

keep it up man!! You have my support!

Purk

Sep 15, 2003 at 1:05 PM Post #37 of 39
Just wondering....how bad is the smoke for hifi equipment? I remember seeing some gear for sale ads stating "smoke free environment". I'm guessing it might not be too good for amps, cd players.etc...
This might be another motivating factor to stay off cigs. I need to quit also, and am trying to think of ALL kinds of reasons to convince myself I should do so pronto. Hopefully I'll do so before I buy my whole setup.

Sep 15, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #38 of 39
dohminator: Yes! Congratulations on your decision to quit.
I'm so happy you're biting the bullet and ending this constant struggle once and for all. Best of luck and stay strong.

My guy says I'm doing good, so he might join me soon.
He's getting the Smoke Away system. A guy he knows had smoked for like 30 yrs and he quit 1 week after trying this stuff, kinda hard to believe, isn't it? I guess it's herbal and it gets rid of the cravings... I'll post when I know more.

Purk, the headphones help a lot like you said, it's good advice.
They help me retreat into my little world and think about the music, forgetting about the cravings.
I'm still listening to the hypnosis tapes, ah who knows what I'm doing to my mind, but I just dont want to smoke.
I like the part where it says I wont overeat to compensate, because getting fat is NOT an option.
eek.gif

howie75: smoke is horrible for computers and audio stuff.
They get yuckie (scientific term) very fast.
I see musicians smoking around their instruments, but behind the glass, where the mixing boards are you can NOT smoke at all.
For a technical explanation of this ask somebody else, lol
I've also read smoking affects your hearing, there's just TOO MANY reasons to quit.

Have a nice day everybody.
Dohminator, we're with you !!

Sep 15, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #39 of 39
I haven't been doing too bad so far today. I do, however, have a constant want to go outside and light up. It isn't too overwhelming though.

I never did smoke inside, and I don't ever want too. I just hate smoke lingering, and quite frankly, I hate second hand smoke. I couldn't stand it if the stream of smoke was blowing back on me.

I figure if the cravings get bad, I can just put some Smashing Pumpkins or zwan, or miles davis, or dvorack on and just chill.

My lungs already feel better than they did when I first woke up this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back