Quick impressions from the NYC meet at Grado labs
Nov 19, 2002 at 7:47 PM Post #151 of 204
I'm pretty sure the Grace was using the internal DAC and a digital connection all day. The line out from the various portable CD players available as source was not at a high enough level, whereas the line out from my home cd player (CD23) is. We didn't even have a real digital cable so it was using one channel of a mini-to-RCA stereo cable, wong impedance for a start.

Although the Grace is about the same size as the Sugden it's a very different beast. Inside I've never seen something built so well. It weighs much more than you would expect and contains nice stuff like a toroidal transformer and DACT stepped attenuator. It has an internal DAC and therefore digital inputs coax/SPDIF and AES3. Other inputs are balanced and regular RCA. It can supply enough current to drive the K1000 phones and there are two headphone jacks. It's made for a different market.

Nov 19, 2002 at 10:30 PM Post #153 of 204
Pictures and impressions coming. Very busy at work. Brother bringing over pics today. I'll get back to you.

Nov 20, 2002 at 12:58 AM Post #155 of 204
Lets see left with
Cary 300sei
GRADO HP3
DAMN FORGOT THE EARMAX PRO
Ps. dave the rave you mostly listened to the Hp3s
the other pair was the hp1s not hp3s

Nov 20, 2002 at 4:16 AM Post #156 of 204
The bro didn't get the pics here today. Hopefully I will get them tomorrow. He's got midterms this week.

Nov 20, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #157 of 204
Tell him he's fired as the official NYC meet photographer. Insolence will not be tolerated!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 20, 2002 at 6:45 AM Post #159 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by bkelly
Bifcake,

No one is more insolent than you my friend.

Best
Brian

That's very true. I can't argue with that. Therefore, given that we already have one insolent member (ME), we will not tolerate any more. Off with their heads!

Nov 20, 2002 at 10:56 PM Post #160 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
That's very true. I can't argue with that. Therefore, given that we already have one insolent member (ME), we will not tolerate any more. Off with their heads!

Well, I could kill my brother to satisfy your cravings, but then, I think, the likelihood of getting those pictures from him will be decreased significantly. Perhaps I should let him live just a little longer.

Nov 20, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #161 of 204
Ok, we'll let him live a bit longer but ONLY until he produces the pictures. Then it's off to the guillotine! <Playing the French national anthem>

Nov 22, 2002 at 4:42 AM Post #163 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by dave-the-rave
Then we'll have to become headless-fi!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah! Something needs to be done. If you notice, it's been almost a week and there are still no pics. Someone needs to get flogged and then beheaded.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 22, 2002 at 11:45 AM Post #164 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by bifcake
Yeah! Something needs to be done. If you notice, it's been almost a week and there are still no pics. Someone needs to get flogged and then beheaded.
evil_smiley.gif

Bifcake, perhaps I'm punishing you for being so impatient...

Nov 22, 2002 at 8:44 PM Post #165 of 204
Well, yeah I'm impatient. The whole point of digital photography is instant gratification. I'm still waiting to be gratified.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back