Quick impressions from the NYC meet at Grado labs
Nov 23, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #181 of 204
*GROAN*

OK, ok, enough, I think, or Jude's going to whack me with a rolled-up copy of the Head-Fi rules (with the section "this is a FAMILY forum" highlighted). Or give me a custom title that indicates my immaturity... (same thing, I guess)

Nov 23, 2002 at 1:21 AM Post #182 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by HighwayStar

Jpelg, (Moby ? I was thinking Joe Satriani
biggrin.gif
) excellent point. I've found the same to be true. I recently A/B'd the AT EM-7 & the 35s. In a quiet place the 35s seemed muddy & boomy compared to the EM-7's crystal clear even handed delivery. Outside on the noisy street however, the bass and fat mids of the 35s somehow do isolate and deliver a fuller sound than the EM-7s I was comparing them too.

smily_headphones1.gif

I quite agree with that the ksc35 as boomy and muddy. im not too impressed with them, never have been and also why ive stated before, the ksc50 is better, less boomy. I also dont found them to be good outdoor phones, due to their leaky nature..

if the grado sr40 is anything like their other ranges it'd be a great phone.. too bad it wasnt made popular sooner.

Nov 23, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #183 of 204
Taoster, not sure if you are aware of this, but audiophile in Melbourne sells Grado headphones. They currently have 2 pairs of SR40s in stock at AUS$99.00 (the SR60 lists at about AUS$189.00 from memory).

www.audiophile.com.au

I was tempted to buy some SR40s the other day, but they are still relatively 'large' and clunky for a portable, although the thinner, single-sided cord is a bonus! I am going to wait until some reviews of the new Sennheiser portables versus the new Audio Technica clip-ons versus the SR40s start appearing before I make a decision
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 3:48 AM Post #184 of 204
Here's some photos...more to come. not all were taken on digital, so some will be back tomorrow or Sunday. I can put up more, but they start getting pretty repetitive after the first 20 or so. Here's the link.

http://community.webshots.com/user/dgs105

If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll try something else.

Nov 23, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #185 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by stymie miasma
Taoster, not sure if you are aware of this, but audiophile in Melbourne sells Grado headphones. They currently have 2 pairs of SR40s in stock at AUS$99.00 (the SR60 lists at about AUS$189.00 from memory).

www.audiophile.com.au

thanks for the heads up stymie miasma! that's reasonably priced but i better not purchase another open headphone, a closed one would be nice
evil_smiley.gif
im waiting for the new beyers
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 4:09 AM Post #188 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by dgs
Here's some photos...more to come. not all were taken on digital, so some will be back tomorrow or Sunday. I can put up more, but they start getting pretty repetitive after the first 20 or so. Here's the link.

http://community.webshots.com/user/dgs105

If it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll try something else.

Hey, thanks ! It was an impressive collection of gear wasn't it ?

smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 10:40 AM Post #191 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by dgs

Ahhh Thanks DGS, I feel gratified now.
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 10:41 AM Post #192 of 204
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
30 seconds?
confused.gif

Yeah, the hand's mightier than the sword. (long story)
biggrin.gif

Nov 23, 2002 at 3:47 PM Post #195 of 204
Guys dgs105 couldn't remember names. Photo 100-0036-crw-2j
was dave the rave. jpleg was in picture 100-0033-crwj also seen checking out rkv. And the most wanted man with melos old guy wearing hp1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back